Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

Anyone still heading to Dumfries on Saturday?

I'll decide nearer the time. Given our unspectacular away form I feel it's a wasted trip, but I'd kick myself if some crazy turn of events saw us getting promoted.

QoS look shaky at the back, but our defensive woes were there for all to see last night.

It ain’t over til it’s over, Rover(s). I’ve watched Queens lose 3 goals in 25 mins v Alloa,  v Crusaders, and v ICT at Palmerston this season. With our defence the opposition always has a chance. Should be a nervy cracking game on Saturday. Would have thought there will be goals. I hope AJ keeps to his front foot policy and takes the game to Raith. His positivity has been a major plus for us in the last couple of games.

You’ve been “lucky” you haven’t heard someone wrongly referring to the name of a league in the wrong fashion? And respond in the first instance that you do by branding someone “a dribbling idiot”? 
Do you sometimes worry you take things too seriously? 
Certainly not it being called the first division.
And I think you're initial response was foam at the mouth type stuff, are you OK?

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

MOTM was voted through the Raith app, SAM McGuff wasn’t far off winning it, more evidence the public shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Ref seems a bit card happy (Crane apart) against us. Make a challenge for the ball and  miss time it =  yellow card, blatantly shove a player going for the ball = nothing.

#roaringroundincircles

MotM is normally chosen by people in hospitality, they are members of the public but usually drunk and mostly get things right, bring back dinking at the football.

Why bother following football if you're not going to make the trip to Dumfries?

You don't finish 9th in a terrible Championship, with a 40+ goal striker, because you're good at defending or able to cope with pressure.

This Rovers side is far from perfect, but neither are Queens. This tie is by no means finished.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

MOTM was voted through the Raith app, SAM McGuff wasn’t far off winning it, more evidence the public shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Ref seems a bit card happy (Crane apart) against us. Make a challenge for the ball and  miss time it =  yellow card, blatantly shove a player going for the ball = nothing.

#roaringroundincircles

I was watching at home and noticed we have McGuff and McGuffie on the bench. Not sure what was on the park. Guff?

#roaringroundincircles

I like that one.

16 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

You don't finish 9th in a terrible Championship, with a 40+ goal striker, because you're good at defending or able to cope with pressure.

This Rovers side is far from perfect, but neither are Queens. This tie is by no means finished.

Is this going to be the game where our away form changes?

I’ve never been to Palmerston so this would be a good occasion to cross it off the list.

22 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This. We probably won’t come back but imagine if we do? You don’t get too many high points supporting the Rovers, that’s one you’d always regret not being there for. 

Edited by R.R.FC

Yes. I think we will likely have enough to get through but I’ll be very surprised if it’s all as straightforward as some (Raith) fans are suggesting. We are poor defensively so I fully expect it to be squeaky bum time as a minimum at some point on Saturday

21 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes. I think we will likely have enough to get through but I’ll be very surprised if it’s all as straightforward as some (Raith) fans are suggesting. We are poor defensively so I fully expect it to be squeaky bum time as a minimum at some point on Saturday

You saw our defence and ‘keeper. What did you think of them?

1 hour ago, overthetop said:

It’s called satire lighten up. Obviously I’m pleased we won.

But our defence. emoji848.png

They weren’t too bad yesterday, just one more game to see through and AJ can start rebuilding. 

We scored 3 goals in about 6 seconds with 10 men at Airdrie.
Do I think we are capable of beating QOTS by 2, or 3, on Saturday? No not really but stranger things have happened. If we can somehow find ourselves a goal up with 20 minutes to go, we give ourselves a chance. Ideally QOTS come out looking to hold onto their lead rather than looking to extend it and we can get on the ball. I'd be looking to Duggan and Gillespie (illness permitting) to play a bigger part this time around.

Plenty of examples of home teams shitting the bed when the pressure’s on in games like this. Hibs v Hamilton is the obvious one. Accies scored in first 20 mins and then it was panic stations until they got 2nd in stoppage time.

Duggan’s presence showed that Queens fans concerns over crosses into the box were well founded. Get him up with Nisbet from start on Saturday and start shelling it in there. Nisbet had nothing to work off until he had support up with him.

Agree with earlier post about 4-4-2 with Crane on left wing and Murray LB. Crane’s throws offer extra option of getting it in the mix (more proper McGlynn stuff).

It’s very nearly all over bar the shouting but there was enough horror defending from Queens last night to give us hope. And, yes, I know they can say the same about us.

Thankfully it would appear McGlynn hasn't bothered to have us watched and focussed more on his own game. We looked shakey at crosses again and no surprise that's how the Rovers goal came about (34th of the season in the league/playoffs). Only after that did they really keep at it. Am I right in thinking the full back has a long throw? Mental he wasn't firing it into the box all game.

At the time I thought it was robbery we were 2-0 up but having watched the highlights I don't think it was the case. Rovers should have equalised straight away when Doyle looked like he slipped and let Nesbit in. Martin almost gifted them a goal but apart from that they cut us open once where Martin made a good save. We could have had a 3rd had the pass to Dobbie been a tiny bit slower. So I don't think it was a particularly harsh scoreline looking back. In the second half we managed the game really well I thought until our Achilles heel went again and it gave Rovers a lift.

If Rovers approach it the same way on Saturday then we should be home and dry. If they realise our weakness is crosses then it isn't over. Hopefully Rovers come flying out the traps and leave spaces at the back. Dobbie was relatively quiet last night so he'll want to finish the season with a goal or 2 I'd imagine.

Interesting Raith TV gave Dykes the goal. It did take a touch after Brownline but it was off the defender. Also commented that had GN been in charge last night (we likely wouldn't have got by Montrose) there's no way we would have scored 3. Absolutely the right decision (if late) to get rid of him.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Only a fucking dribbling idiot would call it as such. If anything it'd be the second division.

Also, I've literally never seen anyone call it the first division until now. Maybe I've been lucky.

Idiot.

:lol: