Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

I thought we were pretty poor, but Queens are a better side than us even ignoring Dobbie. It was clear to see why they have struggled but we never looked like taking advantage as the game went on. 

Bit unlucky at half time but you can't defend like that and expect promotion. Second half was a non event, in fact it seemed Mcglynn was happy to settle for 2-0 and take our chances down there. Awful stuff. 

We have won once away from home in 2019 and only 5 times (i think) all season, and that is against far far worse opposition . This tie is completely and utterly over. 

48 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s a cliche but the first goal is crucial on Saturday. We score it and the tie is live, concede it and it’s game over. A great shame we didn’t score 5 minutes earlier tonight as 3-2 looked like it was coming.

- First half especially Queens looked faster, stronger, slicker. I saw Falkirk in their last game this season and though the same. There’s a big gap between the leagues.

- Dobbie is bloody dangerous, we did alright trying to limit his time on the ball... but he only needs a sniff to make something happen.

- We fluffed a lot of chances. We really should have been 2-1 at half time and 2-2 wouldn’t have been too unfair given the opportunities we had.

- Queens were poor second half. Didn’t create much at all really, not that they had to.

- Have been saying it for ages, Wedderburn is shitter than pish.

Thought we were highly competent and professional for the most part tonight. Not as good maybe as we were on Saturday but whilst Raith had a lot of ball early on, we dealt with it comfortably enough and then picked them off twice. Dobbie had a quiet game by his standards, though he made the 2nd goal. Food for thought for the "one man team" pundits, though undeniably we're a much better side with him in it.

We were comfortable for most of the second half and deserved the 3rd and should have had a 4th but then the subs changed the balance of the game. Ours every bit as much as theirs probably. Airdr did ok when he came on but he's no Dobbie and Todd and Dykes were probably our best players not called Brownlie. It gave Raith an inroads into the game and they took it to keep the tie alive.

Gobsmacked that someone watched that game and gave Man of the Match to Wedderburn. I think Alba gave it to Dykes which was fair enough as he was terrific, though I probably would have given it to Brownlie. Not sure which Raith player I'd have gone for but it certainly wouldn't have been Wedderburn. Quite liked the look of Gullan to be fair. Nisbet was reasonably quiet.

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

The most worrying thing about that tonight was McGlynn clearly thought it was ok given it took an injury to the footballing oil tanker before he made a change and the 2 subs which followed were at least 20-25 minutes too late.

I firmly believe Stevie Aitken was exerting some kind of telepathic mind-control over him.

We didn’t play very well, and looked particularly looked poor after we took Dobbie, Dykes and Todd off, but there is clearly a sizeable gulf between the Championship and the First Division.

Rovers will have to go for it at Palmerston, which should play into our hands. As the aforementioned trio will all be fit to start, I just can’t see us not scoring. Given it’s Queens, I’m reluctant to say its game over, but we’re in a great position to stay up now.

Major surgery required on the squad over the summer if we hope to be competitive in the Championship next season though.

Edited by Frankie S

36 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Looking forward to Saturday. 

Get the first goal and I can see that brutal looking Queens defence shitting it. 

Nobody expects us to do anything so let's get fired right in about them. 

It is fair to say your defence didn’t look too clever either. The question is can it tighten up sufficiently while you are pushing on to try and claw two goals back? I am not so sure.

Much like yourselves though, I think we should be going for it too. Sit back and we are just asking for trouble.

Here is our 49th and penultimate 1st team highlights package of the season. Stayed up past my bedtime for this one (again). I have family commitments on Saturday so our highlights won't be up until at least Sunday. Hope everyone had a safe journey home tonight. 

MOTM was voted through the Raith app, SAM McGuff wasn’t far off winning it, more evidence the public shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Ref seems a bit card happy (Crane apart) against us. Make a challenge for the ball and  miss time it =  yellow card, blatantly shove a player going for the ball = nothing.

#roaringroundincircles

We didn’t play very well, and looked particularly looked poor after we took Dobbie, Dykes and Todd off, but there is clearly a sizeable gulf between the Championship and the First Division.
Rovers will have to go for it at Palmerston, which should play into our hands. As the aforementioned trio will all be fit to start, I just can’t see us not scoring. Given it’s Queens, I’m reluctant to say its game over, but we’re in a great position to stay up now.
Major surgery required on the squad over the summer if we hope to be competitive in the Championship next season though.
In what fucking previous incarnation has the 3rd tier been called the first division?

20 minutes ago, Christophe said:

It’s effectively called that now you absolute fucking mouthbreather, stop being so shit at everything 

It's not really though.

Copying the English league names makes absolutely no sense though, and will continue to confuse thicker folk. They still have to separate entities (EPL/EFL) so winning the EFL Championship in the second tier makes sense, it's just stupid for the SPFL Championship to be a second tier. That's a different discussion though.

Raith still have a chance, but I cant see them scoring 3 goals without conceding, and that will be their issue.

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
7 hours ago, Frankie S said:

In what fucking previous incarnation has the 3rd tier been called the first division?

28 minutes ago, Christophe said:

It’s effectively called that now you absolute fucking mouthbreather, stop being so shit at everything 

Harsh. It’s called League One. Division is a thing of the past these days, what with equality and all.

Only a fucking dribbling idiot would call it as such. If anything it'd be the second division.

Also, I've literally never seen anyone call it the first division until now. Maybe I've been lucky.

Idiot.

You’ve been “lucky” you haven’t heard someone wrongly referring to the name of a league in the wrong fashion? And respond in the first instance that you do by branding someone “a dribbling idiot”? 

Do you sometimes worry you take things too seriously? 

Edited by Christophe

The last three years as a Rovers fan have been miserable. Just have a fucking go Saturday.  We are staying down so at least go out in a blaze of glory, not with a whimper.
I think every fan agrees with you. Unfortunately with McGlynn in charge it just will not happen.