Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

You've got wonder at what possesses this gimp to obsess about so many fellow lower league clubs and revel in their misfortunes.
What a sad state of affairs...

Prime example of small man syndrome.

Agree with most of what's been said. I thought we did reasonably well in the first half, but we missed three good sights at goal while Queens were clinical with theirs. Second half Queens had complete control until the subs but I fear that late rally is too little too late.

Having said that, at 3-0 there was no danger of me heading down to Dumfries but 3-1 is tempting. Its heart ruling the head stuff but if we somehow turned this round and I was sat at home watching it on Alba it would be horrible.

The most worrying thing about that tonight was McGlynn clearly thought it was ok given it took an injury to the footballing oil tanker before he made a change and the 2 subs which followed were at least 20-25 minutes too late.

Yeah, unless Duggan literally has no more than 15 minutes of football in him he should've been on for at least the last half hour. McGlynn seemed quite content to let that game drift at 2-0 which was disappointing.

It’s a cliche but the first goal is crucial on Saturday. We score it and the tie is live, concede it and it’s game over. A great shame we didn’t score 5 minutes earlier tonight as 3-2 looked like it was coming.

- First half especially Queens looked faster, stronger, slicker. I saw Falkirk in their last game this season and though the same. There’s a big gap between the leagues.

- Dobbie is bloody dangerous, we did alright trying to limit his time on the ball... but he only needs a sniff to make something happen.

- We fluffed a lot of chances. We really should have been 2-1 at half time and 2-2 wouldn’t have been too unfair given the opportunities we had.

- Queens were poor second half. Didn’t create much at all really, not that they had to.

- Have been saying it for ages, Wedderburn is shitter than pish.

I do wonder whether there shouldn’t be a managerial transfer window in place. Seems a bit unfair Queens could just bring in AJ for these games and get a boost in the same way we couldn’t ‘sack’ Flanagan and sign Cardle, say.

Last 10 mins was ropey  but we had Dobbie and Dykes both off the pitch so natural for us to fall back if there's no-one to hold the ball in Raith's half. Two goals up but with 90 mins to play, it's like being 1 goal up at half-time - all to play for. With VT I find the only way to visualise him is as someone with an actual developmental disorder. This is what he likes to do and we all just have to pat him on the head and put up with it.

My word Iain Davidson wouldn't look out of place on this seasons Falkirk team, an absolute mess of a 'footballer'.  Though it shows how much of a haddie McGrath is that he made him look competent.

It's maybe the trauma of the last 4 months but I don't think we were as awful as people on here are saying, first half Raith came out hot as you'd expect but they didn't look like scoring until we went a goal up. Second half we neutralised them until they goal snatched a goal out of the blue and then it got very nervy. It wasn't a vintage performance but we took the chances when it mattered.  There's flashes of a good team in there but, it's a case of trying to limit the various times where we lose all basic motor skills.

I thought Brownlie had a smashing game, took charge of the aerial battle and handled a very good attack well, Murray has been terrific since the Dunfermline game and I hope he gets a full season to shine next year. Dykes 's first goal curved beautifully from the angle of the away section and surprisingly a goal where he had to put some thought into what he was doing.  That Martin save could be the key moment in the tie. 

Wedderburn was like a giant Kyle Hutton, he just was so slow, so predictable, just a player that you don't want in a  frantic playoff game.  Not sure what substance the sponsors were on.

I don't have an awful lot of hope in a rather mentally flakey side if we concede early but we did  manage to escape with a 2 goal lead despite our best efforts. We've been fortunate at times in  both first legs  of these playoffs but i'm not too bothered about that currently.

Thought we deserved to win.

That said we started very nervously and I thought Raith were the better side until we scored. Great finish by Dykes for the first goal and Dobbie did well to set up Murray for the second. 

2-0 lead flattered us at HT as i thought our 433 led to us being outnumbered in middle of the park.

Looked to me like AJ changed us to 442 second half and I thought we looked better for the change.

We looked comfortable at 3-0 and as others have said Dykes should have made it 4-0 which would have killed the tie. I thought at the game the keeper saved his effort onto the post but couldn`t be sure.

Predictably we lost a goal and in all honesty could easily have lost another.

Tie isn't done in particular if Raith score first. I would expect us to score if Dobbie remains fit so likely Raith  will need 3 or more. I'd have taken a draw at KO tonight so 2 goal lead is pleasing.

I thought best for us were Brownlie, Dykes, Marshall, and Murray with an honourable mention to Martin :o- he made a couple of decent saves plus a great save at 3-1 and  even came out to claim a cross :thumsup2

Dobbie was relatively quiet by his high standards and a number of things didn't come off for him tonight. Still a threat throughout though.

Was Wedderburn really given MoM?

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

3 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Last 10 mins was ropey  but we had Dobbie and Dykes both off the pitch so natural for us to fall back if there's no-one to hold the ball in Raith's half. Two goals up but with 90 mins to play, it's like being 1 goal up at half-time - all to play for. With VT I find the only way to visualise him is as someone with an actual developmental disorder. This is what he likes to do and we all just have to pat him on the head and put up with it.

See the source image

Only thing more tragic than our defending tonight is the Morton fanny trolling us with patter from five years ago. That boy is surely a fully grown adult by now, he must be the Peter Pan of Pie and Bovril. 

Wedderburn getting man of the match was surely a wind up.

If we had a team with a bit of character we could turn this around, but this season has proven we don’t. We will  huff and puff on Saturday, threaten but not score the some daft error will hand Queens a goal. Tie over.  Of course the stupid part of me is still clinging to the unrealistic dream that we will score first and Queen’s will start rocking like they did in the last ten. So, yeah, see everyone  in Dumfries.

Wow, didn’t expect that.

Nisbet out of his depth, totally bullied by the Queens defence Barjonas coming on as a some sort of saviour. Flannigan is an impact sub at best, so why when makes an impact does he get a start ?

Can only think Duggan is seriously unfit that he got so little time.

Clearly a very good result but tie far from over. If Raith get first goal on Sat it will completely change the complexion of the tie.

2-0 certainly flattered us in first half and the Dykes miss at 0-3 was a pivotal moment. I can understand Dobbie’s withdrawal but the substitutions really weakened us and we could very easily have lost a second goal. Dykes can run all day so don’t think he needs to be rested.

As others have said our inability to retain the ball in midfield is a huge negative and Iain Wilson should be doing better if he has aspirations of a Premier League career with Killie.

Overall though a much hungrier performance from us than under GN. Keeping bodies up top puts pressure on the opposition and there is no cheap possession conceded.

Thought Brownlie did well tonight, Murray put in a great shift and Todd had a better game. Dykes our best player on the night but needs to be scoring chances like he had in second half.

Pleasing but any complacency and we will get punished. Need to positive on Sat from the start.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

See the source image

Either you think I'm wrong, in which case you have failed your standard grade maths exam last week, or you think it is such a simple point, which is fine, but a lot of people seem to be overlooking it and acting like they need to say this particular 2 goal lead is not comfortable.

Healthy and vocal away support tonight. Hope Rovers still bring a few down on sat. Sorry to go all "Falkirk " here and get a crowdwank on the go.

My word Iain Davidson wouldn't look out of place on this seasons Falkirk team, an absolute mess of a 'footballer'. 

A game that has nothing to do with us yet it’s all about the Falkirk.