Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

A great result for us.

I'd have happily taken 1-1 beforehand.

I'm pretty pissed off at how we finished though.  Dykes should have made it 4.  Instead, the lead is just 2.  We're big favourites, but it genuinely is still alive.

If Dykes could score from 8 yards out my 4-1 prediction would have come in and we could get the cigars out on Saturday.

As it is we still have a bit of work to do. We won’t ride our luck as much again so if we give Raith as many chances as tonight we will need to score a few of our own.

Saw that and presumably by next April more of the same. Falkirk down will be a big obstacle. Tougher league next season for all. No mugs.
If it was me as chairman lol it's part time and be the best of the rest as we won't get above Falkirk. With Alloa and Arbroath in league above its probably the most realistic bet. They say that it's better this season re funds. That bad season was paying off twats like Locke and Jackson along with yogi Hughes etc.

Firat half was very much a case of fine margins in terms of finishing. Queens did well to kill any momentum in the second while picking us off. At 3 down we're down.

Fair fucks to McKay getting one back.  Keeps the tie alive in some sense.

As soon as the rovers stopped punting stupid fucking long balls forward and actually ran at queens and passed the ball we cut them open and scored.

Learn the fucking lesson mcglynn 

Tie is still alive to some extent with that McKay goal, I’m happy to be in the final but for us to inevitably lose because of our defensive mishaps is just so frustrating. We need the first goal on Saturday if we have any chance.

Congrats to QOTS, tie over now. We needed that 2nd goal to stand a chance going into Saturday. We’re definitely capable of scoring a couple in Dumfries but there is no chance we can keep a clean sheet.

Not unexpected, we are not good enough as shown through the season. I genuinely think if McGlynn had got this lot promoted it would be up there with anything he has achieved as a Rovers manager. Only 3 or 4 players I’d be really disappointed to lose.

Didn’t think there was much in the game in overall play but Queens took their chances and deserved to win because of that. Dobbie is a class act but I actually thought Dykes was even better tonight, he bullied our defence all night and pulled them all over the place. 

Thought Duggan was excellent when he came on, would like to see him start on Saturday. I’ll still be heading to Dumfries, we won’t come back but on the 0.00001% chance we did, I’d never forgive myself for not going. 

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Everyone keeps referencing the Champions' League comebacks.

I'm more mindful of Hibs winning by 2 at Hamilton in the first leg a few years ago.

Indeed.

However, I am hopeful that Johnston will have them going out in an attacking frame of mind, instead of just settling for and trying to defend what we have. 

Taking everything into account, I am very pleased with how the first leg has panned out.