Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

41 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Mcglynn said in his interview that it is likely we will have the same squad as Saturday.

He said when he signed he wanted to get you lot promoted and (grit teeth) I hope he achieves that. 

What a day you have for this game. No excuses for the fans even if it is on TV, an evening like this is absolutely made for fitba!

Good luck to both teams (by which I mean good luck to one very specific team). Should be a close yin!

Just now, Big Fifer said:

What a day you have for this game. No excuses for the fans even if it is on TV, an evening like this is absolutely made for fitba!

Good luck to both teams (by which I mean good luck to one very specific team). Should be a close yin!

You are quite right, oh and cheers neebur.

Hard to know what to feel about this. The shine of finally winning a play-off tie was dulled a bit when I saw the Queens result. Suggests they are finally getting their act together and if Dobbie is back and scoring for fun then it kinda does feel like we are doomed. 

I had no faith in the character of this squad at the start of the play-offs but maybe the Forfar result and getting to the final coupled with McGlynn’s doggedness will give us the belief we need.  We just need to perform well tonight and come away either unbeaten or ideally with a lead of some sort. Just praying it’s not a blow out which renders Saturday meaningless. 

As always would have preferred the final to be a one-off at a neutral venue.  These two leg jobs are rubbish. 

On 13/05/2019 at 16:20, Scary Bear said:

Guy (Vaughan) who scored all the goals against The Pars won’t be playing. We’ll need Nisbet to play the role of Vaughan.

He only scored them because Nisbet wasn't playing that day. Otherwise Nisbet would've been the one helping himself to a hattrick... 

21 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Hard to know what to feel about this. The shine of finally winning a play-off tie was dulled a bit when I saw the Queens result. Suggests they are finally getting their act together and if Dobbie is back and scoring for fun then it kinda does feel like we are doomed. 

I had no faith in the character of this squad at the start of the play-offs but maybe the Forfar result and getting to the final coupled with McGlynn’s doggedness will give us the belief we need.  We just need to perform well tonight and come away either unbeaten or ideally with a lead of some sort. Just praying it’s not a blow out which renders Saturday meaningless. 

As always would have preferred the final to be a one-off at a neutral venue.  These two leg jobs are rubbish. 

Agree with all of this. 

This is the thing, they can perform if they want. They just more over choose not to. I don’t think Queens have anything to fear if I’m honest. Our defence love losing goals. It’s set up nicely for the Dobbie show. I wish I could be complementary about the squad, but I don’t. They can and should perform if they have any affection for the club. Or even a little pride. COYR.

It's a free hit. I thought we were going to bottle it at Station Park so I'm just happy we're in the final. Much like other teams will do with us, we've got to focus on the collective effort of Queens. There's still a lot of reasonable players aside from Dobbie. Huge opportunity for the club to reverse our fortunes and get us matching the brilliant off the field work which is being done about the club.

Hat, gloves and the winter jacket last Tuesday, shirt sleeves tonight.

Buzzing for this now!
Not too confident that we’ll get through over the two legs but with the Rovers you never know what could happen!

I watched the highlights from the 5-0 and every goal was terrible defending... Which raises my confidence as we haven't had as bad a defence performance as that this season(touch wood) but at the same time lowers it... because our defence is more than capable of committing the same errors and poor defending.

At the same time, Montrose had chances and had they been clinical may not have ended up on the wrong side of a doing. QoS's defence looks as fragile as ours. Get the ball to Nesbit in the right positions, we can potentially have a fantastic night.

We just need to hope that McGlynn has a game plan, which I'm sure he will, and the players can pull it off. Definitely need more support up tops for Nesbit. he's looked a very lonely figure in the playoffs so far and we need to free him up from holding the play up and have him running of the hold up man, maybe Duggan if he's 100% fit. Defensively, we need to eradicate the errors that have cropped into every game, hard task given that they've been super consistent in being bombscares the whole season. My heart says we'll have a good result tonight, my head says Dobbie will get his tummy tickled by our defence.

COYR.

I watched the highlights from the 5-0 and every goal was terrible defending... Which raises my confidence as we haven't had as bad a defence performance as that this season(touch wood) but at the same time lowers it... because our defence is more than capable of committing the same errors and poor defending.
At the same time, Montrose had chances and had they been clinical may not have ended up on the wrong side of a doing. QoS's defence looks as fragile as ours. Get the ball to Nesbit in the right positions, we can potentially have a fantastic night.
We just need to hope that McGlynn has a game plan, which I'm sure he will, and the players can pull it off. Definitely need more support up tops for Nesbit. he's looked a very lonely figure in the playoffs so far and we need to free him up from holding the play up and have him running of the hold up man, maybe Duggan if he's 100% fit. Defensively, we need to eradicate the errors that have cropped into every game, hard task given that they've been super consistent in being bombscares the whole season. My heart says we'll have a good result tonight, my head says Dobbie will get his tummy tickled by our defence.
COYR.

Nisbet, it’s Nisbet.

Nisbet, Nisbet, Nisbet, Nisbet.

NISBET.

Fingers crossed the Queens team that turned up first half on Saturday return tonight for the 1st leg at Starks Park. Gutted I canny make the game tonight but I will be cheering the boys on in front of the TV.  Go get em Queens.... 

Wonder what the crowd will be for this one. I’m not feeling a lot of love for the midweek play-off ties among my circle of friends. The ‘4 cup finals’ advertising isn’t eliciting much in the way of excitement or enthusiasm either.

Don’t know what to think about tonight’s game, very nervous. Hopefully get a win to take to Dumfries on Saturday, and then hold out for a draw. No way we will keep a clean sheet in either leg, not with our shaky defence. Hate to wish injury on a player but I hope Dobbie gets injured very early in the game, make things a lot easier for us.

Just give the ball to Nizzy and pray...

COYR.
Aye we've seen it time and time again, terrible defences just letting Dobbie run right through them ;)