Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

27 minutes ago, Wardy said:

How wonderful this thread is. Fans of both clubs just answering each other’s queries in a courteous manner. Not an exclamation mark in sight. 

Just do the job Rovers...

Just one glaring cpelling  mictake, though.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Do the club keep the money from home ties? I thought I read on here that it was divvied up and split equally between all the clubs who qualified for the play-offs. May have got that wrong. Wasn’t that why (The Sevco) Rangers were charging a fiver for the play-offs? 

The Premiership play-offs work like that (half to the SPFL themselves to fund the parachute payment I think, then a split of some sort) - these of course were the play-offs Rangers were in - but the Championship and League One play offs allow the home teams to keep the gate receipts.

And there is no minimum pricing either, so clubs could charge anything they like. I kind of understand the Raith pricing because they have had a relatively successful season and winning this would mean promotion. We, on the other hand, have had a complete shitshow of a season. You’d think that to pay the fans back a little bit for their loyalty, they might make a dramatic price cut. Or even let season book holders use one of the vouchers to get in. But, naw. 

Anyway, given it is live on tv and clashing with the FA Cup final as well, I’m actually surprised Billy isn’t charging £25 a skull.

And there is no minimum pricing either, so clubs could charge anything they like. I kind of understand the Raith pricing because they have had a relatively successful season and winning this would mean promotion. We, on the other hand, have had a complete shitshow of a season. You’d think that to pay the fans back a little bit for their loyalty, they might make a dramatic price cut. Or even let season book holders use one of the vouchers to get in. But, naw. 
Anyway, given it is live on tv and clashing with the FA Cup final as well, I’m actually surprised Billy isn’t charging £25 a skull.
We lost to a Brechin side managed by Barry Smith. We've had a worse season, trust me.

12 hours ago, Flash said:

Our season has been many things, relatively successful aint one of them. 

Going by what everyone is saying this might be a goal fest. Both defences being brutal. 2 goal scorers out to out score each other might be fun. Just unfortunate that Dobbie will have a field day against us. Really wish we had Vaughan

I think we are under estimating our chances - Dobbie has played most of the season yet look at most of their results.

We have had some shocking results but when we turn up we are a match for most teams.

They hammered Montrose but so did we at home this season.

3-1 home win for the rovers on Wednesday setting up a tense away finale on Saturday!

In Nisbett we trust

I think we are under estimating our chances - Dobbie has played most of the season yet look at most of their results.

We have had some shocking results but when we turn up we are a match for most teams.

They hammered Montrose but so did we at home this season.

3-1 home win for the rovers on Wednesday setting up a tense away finale on Saturday!

In Nisbett we trust
I'll say it again. The reason Dobbie was on such a drought was because he was isolated up front by Naysmith. On Saturday he had support either side of him.

I'll say it again. The reason Dobbie was on such a drought was because he was isolated up front by Naysmith. On Saturday he had support either side of him.

And what’s your point caller - you reckon the mighty rovers are in for a hammering ?

And what’s your point caller - you reckon the mighty rovers are in for a hammering ?
I reckon the point you were making is that even with Dobbie in the side he hasn't always been great. Had he had support more often in games we wouldn't be playing Raith tomorrow, of that I'm certain.

I'll take a draw tomorrow. If you can cross you'll get chances/goals. If McGlynn intends on playing through the middle as someone has suggested, it'll be a harder task.

It's almost certainly Queens to lose here. Despite McGlynn's radical shift in formation to limit Forfar, we still conceded two in two games. neither goal was expensively bought either with the defence largely culpable even if Baird's goal in the tie at Starks was a rocket, defence backed off him far too much.

Our 3 man midfield from the last two ties doesn't quite have the balance to it either. Matthews has thrived with the freedom to get about the park, but Wedderburn is still a liability as soon as the game opens up and requires any movement and Barjonas, while he does get involved more than he's given credit for - at least going forward - doesn't do a lot significantly with the ball.

We've also maybe fallen into the trap of not having quite enough support to Nisbet. Depending on how open Queens are, I'd maybe rather have Flanagan starting in behind Nisbet and Gullan, just so we have someone who can drive at their defence a bit. Might be a bit unfair given his lack of game time but Duggan would be a good bet to drag the Queens full back around and try and hold the ball up.

I do wonder if we need to be even more defensive to stop our fairly pedestrian defence getting hauled all over the place. Maybe Matthews should just go man mark Dobbie all game, could even whisper a few nasty words in his ear - worked on John Baird. 

In any event, it's hard to see how we don't end up on the end of a shoeing here. 

Edited by renton

3 minutes ago, renton said:

I do wonder if we need to be even more defensive to stop our fairly pedestrian defence getting hauled all over the place. Maybe Matthews should just go man mark Dobbie all game, could even whisper a few nasty words in his ear - worked on John Baird.

Better wind up merchants than him have tried before. John Baird is easier wound up than a cheap watch.

I'll go as far to say I don't think I've ever witnessed a player getting so easily wound up as John Baird. He was so easy for our crowd and he ended up playing shockers as he was trying so hard.