Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

As demonstrated by their 3-0 cup win over a Championship side, Raith are a side to be feared.

We’re really not. We had a rampant Lewis Vaughan on the pitch that day who won’t be available for these upcoming games.

Johnston seems to prefer Brownlie plus another  in the middle of defence which is always worrying.  Granted he looked adequate against Montrose on Saturday but even then he couldn't resist giving a couple of cheap fouls away in dangerous areas. Savvy forwards will win fouls off him,  even if it's them backing into him refs  seem to favour the attacker in those situations. Having said that,  several central defensive pairings have been tried this season and none have proved to be consistently solid. 

Onto the subject of admission,  sorry if I've missed it already,  but do Raith do cash at turnstiles or buy a ticket at a booth then go to turnstiles? I'm sure when we were last in the Main stand we had to go to the ticket booth first. 

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Prices confirmed £15 &  £8 & £2 for under 16's on Sat at Palmerston. 

Prices for Wed night match are £14 adults & £7 over 65 & under 16.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

27 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Johnston seems to prefer Brownlie plus another  in the middle of defence which is always worrying.  Granted he looked adequate against Montrose on Saturday but even then he couldn't resist giving a couple of cheap fouls away in dangerous areas. Savvy forwards will win fouls off him,  even if it's them backing into him refs  seem to favour the attacker in those situations. Having said that,  several central defensive pairings have been tried this season and none have proved to be consistently solid. 

Onto the subject of admission,  sorry if I've missed it already,  but do Raith do cash at turnstiles or buy a ticket at a booth then go to turnstiles? I'm sure when we were last in the Main stand we had to go to the ticket booth first. 

Cash and you will be in the Railway Stand. 

32 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Change thread title to "Battle of the Wee Teams" pls.

Only a derby with the Rovers can save this from being the dullest league in recorded history next season. I fear they may be utterly 'Dobbied' however.

You've just got a taste for our pies!

The railway side stand is an excellent place to watch football.
Away ye go.

It was a bit of a death trap the last time we were in there and I thought the view was pish. The pitch is practically at eye level so it can be quite hard to see at times.

I'm not normally a fan of being behind the goal but that's far superior to the Railway Stand IMO.

Yeah if Dobbie is on form it should be pretty comfortable for Queens. 

The Forfar games were as good as we've defended all season and we still didn't keep a clean sheet. We are good for at least one daft goal a game, and that's been against far, far inferior strikers. 

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Away ye go.

It was a bit of a death trap the last time we were in there and I thought the view was pish. The pitch is practically at eye level so it can be quite hard to see at times.

I'm not normally a fan of being behind the goal but that's far superior to the Railway Stand IMO.

I enjoyed it (I had forgotten about the wee ledges which kept causing folk to trip up but I assume they've fixed that issue now). I wouldn't say your seat at the Rock is any higher than your viewpoint there. I hate being stuck behind a goal though so perhaps it's each to their own here.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I enjoyed it (I had forgotten about the wee ledges which kept causing folk to trip up but I assume they've fixed that issue now). 

I may be getting mixed up with somewhere else but I'm pretty sure @Ross Forbes ended up doing some damage after a fall in there :lol:

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Away ye go.

So why didn't you sit further back? You didn't even fill a quarter of that section so there was plenty of space.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I may be getting mixed up with somewhere else but I'm pretty sure @Ross Forbes ended up doing some damage after a fall in there :lol:

:lol: I can confirm that I may have tripped on my way out, grated my arm down the wall and ended up having to cut about with it bandaged up for about a month because it started bleeding everytime it touched my clothes.

Probably my own fault for being clumsy and ungainly (and having my sleeves rolled up), but Rovers didn't want it getting out - so they arranged a compromise where we got Lewis Vaughan for a few months as a goodwill gesture...

Edit: Got a wee picture of it too. You lucky people.

Spoiler

IMG_20190513_150843.thumb.jpg.cb151c574f37971ec5e621b5446ea243.jpg

Edited by Ross Forbes

So why didn't you sit further back? You didn't even fill a quarter of that section so there was plenty of space.
It was more than a quarter full, it was the opening day of the 14/15 season (the day we wore the infamous skin coloured socks). We were in a large group and nearer the front of the stand was the only place we could all sit/stand together.

[emoji38] I can confirm that I may have tripped on my way out, grated my arm down the wall and ended up having to cut about with it bandaged up for about a month because it started bleeding everytime it touched my clothes.
Probably my own fault for being clumsy and ungainly (and having my sleeves rolled up), but Rovers didn't want it getting out - so they arranged a compromise where we got Lewis Vaughan for a few months as a goodwill gesture...
Edit: Got a wee picture of it too. You lucky people.
Spoiler

IMG_20190513_150843.thumb.jpg.cb151c574f37971ec5e621b5446ea243.jpg

, tis-but-a-flesh-wound.jpg

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Away ye go.

Agreed, I would pick a side stand over behind the goals any day of the week but the railway stand is too low even in the back couple of rows. 

Main stand at Montrose is one of the best vantage points in the lower leagues and better than some in the top league.