Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

I agree in principle with the win at home and draw away. Although we cannot go into any of these games with a complacent attitude or playing for a draw, we know how dangerous QOTS can be in attack and mustn’t invite pressure on ourselves.

I would be surprised if there is much between the teams over two legs. Raith have a number of Championship level players and an experienced Manager.

We are probably slight favourites but no more than that. I am certainly feeling a lot better about our chances than I was pre Johnston but it is still Queens we are talking about.

Its 11 v 11 at the end of the day and I'm more than sure John McGlynn has his tactics worked out. Wasn't pretty to watch against Forfar but we got the end result.  COYR, we can do this, believe as Big Marv used to say :thumsup2

5 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Of all the teams Rovers could have faced from the championship Queens look to be the weakest.This Dobbie chap may be a great goalscorer but hes not the messiah.Only the worst Falkirk side in living memory had a worse record than them.

Actually ...

D6TSYHoX4AEmqZs.jpg

Of all the teams Rovers could have faced from the championship Queens look to be the weakest.This Dobbie chap may be a great goalscorer but hes not the messiah.Only the worst Falkirk side in living memory had a worse record than them.

Hard to disagree- for us to finish level on points with Falkirk and have the benefit of Dobbie was an inexcusable outcome. It happened for two reasons - the players let themselves down big time and the Manager was negative and failed to get best out of players.

Our convincing victory was extremely welcome but I am far from convinced that the majority of these players can be trusted to deliver - we shall see.

We'll be fine. Davo was sent to spy on Queens on the last game of the regular league season so we'll have them sussed right out...

Regarding train travel, I'm hoping the club can come up with another of these excellent subsidised bus travel offers.

We'll be fine. Davo was sent to spy on Queens on the last game of the regular league season so we'll have them sussed right out...

Regarding train travel, I'm hoping the club can come up with another of these excellent subsidised bus travel offers.

If only we could charter a good old fashioned football special train.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

On that evidence, I'd expect you to field your U13s in confident expectation of comfortable victory.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Actually ...

D6TSYHoX4AEmqZs.jpg

That's magnificent.

My grandparents had a similar picture above their fireplace, but it featured some other bloke.  That version would look great above mine, but might inspire some frenzied grave spinning.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Regarding train travel, I'm hoping the club can come up with another of these excellent subsidised bus travel offers, 

I was told on Saturday night that it will happen. probably get announced Tuesday once a deal has been agreed with the bus company.

Edited by Scottydog

Wanted to get queens out all the championship teams but also that was coz I hopped Dobbie was out for the season. If dobbie is in form think Queen’s will out score us. As we did not create to many chances v Forfar.