Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Are you desperate for our custom for some reason?

You don't bring many fans tbf. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This notion of Raith Rovers just hanging in to keep it interesting after the first leg is somewhat misplaced.

Thank Christ we were better today and it wound up comfortable, but there's really no reason to make us firm favourites here.  We've been bloody awful for months, punctuated by two decent performances against Dundee United and Dunfermline.

Today might have been another punctuation mark for all we know.

Were you that great against us? We were the absolute epitome of not breaking a sweat end of season game and you still say back horrendously in the last twenty. 

Based on the two sides against us this season it all comes down to Dobbie, the one that absolutely melted us last season? QoTS win with room to bring on Lee Robinson upfront, Dobbie has an off day like he has every game against Dunfermline since? I think Raith win at Starks then draw at Palmserton. 

9 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Raith finished 3rd in the league and 9 points above Montrose so hardly “a big step up from Montrose”!!
I think you’re just miffed that you didn’t start the match tread for once!!!

Part time Montrose finished the season winning the same amount of games as they lost, 15 or 16 if you include the play offs.

If this was 10 or so years ago, Dobbie would be ear marked to be....let's say tackled hard in an orange card way.

Budget Barcelona in stop the main man and you every chance

Dobbie seems to transform Queens. 

Not sure if it's a confidence thing or if he changes the dynamic. 

One thing is for sure he shouldn't be playing 180 minutes against us. 

If we he plays at Kirkcaldy and we don't rule him out of the second leg then we need to look at ourselves. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are Raith so poor that they see a draw as a good result on Wednesday? They should absolutely be looking for a win.

I'd be content with a draw. I don't know our record but we never seem to do well at Starks. Will we be given behind the goal or thrown into that corner again? If it's the latter it'll be viewed via TV for me.

Given our home and away records, we need the home win. Anyone talking of being happy to take the draw at Stark’s Park is daft.

We are pretty much incapable of a decent away performance and wins are few and far between. That game yesterday was eye-bleedingly bad, but we got the result we needed. I’d take the draw away from home, but at home we need a win.

Edited by Scary Bear

When we played Dunfermline in January i thought we were pretty lucky to be 0-0 by the time we scored, and they were a dreadful side. 

We are an average/decent League 1 side, and in theory that should be enough for Queens. 

Glad to be in the final though, let's see what happens. 

The thing is we are a capable side, a lot of our forward play is really good. It’s just what squad decide to turn up. Losing from winning positions has been our downfall. Settling for a 1-0 is always bad news. Our defence has been absolutely brutal, the worst I’ve seen since the Anelka/Dalziel experiment. Before I get balled out by the usual suspects we improved when McGlynn came in.

We have rarely convinced away from home all season, but I think to go up we are going to have to produce our best performance for probably the last 2 or 3 years on the road. Agree on previous comments that Dobbie won't play 180 minutes but probably won't need to and still be the match winner. Minor miracle required perhaps, but we need to remember, Qos were in freefall and did lose up at Montrose in the first leg.  

We have rarely convinced away from home all season, but I think to go up we are going to have to produce our best performance for probably the last 2 or 3 years on the road. Agree on previous comments that Dobbie won't play 180 minutes but probably won't need to and still be the match winner. Minor miracle required perhaps, but we need to remember, Qos were in freefall and did lose up at Montrose in the first leg.  

2 hours ago, graeme_p said:

Dobbie seems to transform Queens. 

Not sure if it's a confidence thing or if he changes the dynamic. 

One thing is for sure he shouldn't be playing 180 minutes against us. 

If we he plays at Kirkcaldy and we don't rule him out of the second leg then we need to look at ourselves. 

That's a lovely sentiment.

While I wouldn’t condone it, it was pretty much Arbroath’s plan against Vaughan in the first fixture we played this season. Worked too.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That’s Scottish Football 101, kill the talented guy.

To win the play-offs we’re going to have to return to shitfesting games. McGlynn has obviously realised this too.

Easier to shitfest games when you have a solid defence. That lot facing Dobbie gives me the fear. 

We will probably also need to approach this differently from Forfar. The lack of width is a big issue and Queens will easily stop us if we've no outlet. 

The way Queens' season has gone is I imagine the same way ours would've had Nisbet been out for any extended period of time.