Jobbers of the Season

Similar to the idea of the PFA Team of the Season, I set you all the challenge of coming up with the biggest starting XI of absolute jobbers we've seen this season.

Rules:

No more from 4 players per club (would be too easy to pick the full Falkirk team).

Has to have made at least 5 appearances in the league this season.

GK: Alan Martin (QOTS)

Hasn't exactly been the most reliable keeper for Queen's this season, and was spectacularly banned and fined after giving his own fans an 'unsavoury gesture'.

DC: Danny Devine (Dunfermline)

Actual f**k knows why we signed this boy on a 2 year contract. Limited footballing ability, and it's a shame to say I could have picked out our other 2 CBs for this spot. Stuck with him for next season though.

DC: William Edjenguele (Falkirk)

The 'Edge' appeared a half-reliable no-nonsense CB when he first signed for Falkirk, but he can't escape this team. Knocking himself out by head butting his teammate and letting Morton score, essentially consigning Falkirk to their impending doom is my absolute highlight of this season.

DC: Aaron Muirhead (Ayr)

Was looking to include someone from Ayr to account for their mid-season collapse and it's easiest to pick Muirhead, as he joined in January. Once again, a limited player, who isn't exactly the reliable centre back he once was. (Nothing to do with Falkirk, honest)

MR: Fraser Aird (Dundee Utd/QOTS)

After impressing with Dunfermline the season prior, everyone's favourite *** made the move to Dundee Utd, where he failed to impress. He was later offloaded to Queens on loan, where he has continued his poor run of form. Think he will improve under the right management however.

MC: Paul Paton (Falkirk)

Falkirk's midfield has been their main let down this season, and Paton epitomises this season for them. Slow, bulky, limited. He again was once a decent player at this level but a drop down the leagues beckons for him imo.

MC: Abdul Osman (Falkirk)

#itsnoteasy

MR: Kallum Higginbotham (Dunfermline)

On his day he could light up EEP but sadly not seen one of those games from Higgy for the best part of two seasons. He's been incredibly poor this season, but similar to Aird, under the right management he could thrive in League 1.

FC: Lyndon Dykes (QOTS)

An ever present in the queens side this season, and has somehow secured a move to Livi. He's been incredibly poor whenever I have seen him, and has 2 goals in 36 appearances. Queens were forced to rely upon him after Dobbie's injury, but he didn't appear and they since slipped down into 9th.

FC: Robbie Muirhead (Dunfermline)

Dunfermline paid money for this man at the start of the season, and in 12 appearances he has 0 goals. An absolute donkey up front, and his transfer fee has contributed to Dunfermline's new financial woes.

FC: Dennon Lewis (Falkirk)

Perhaps the biggest jobber of the lot. Confronting his own fans on twitter, and allegedly receiving racial abuse from his own fans in return. Also, 16 games with no goals. The kind of player that sums up Falkirk's recruitment over the past two seasons.

Manager: Ray McKinnon (Falkirk)

Needs no explanation. Snake b*****d. Got what he deserved. Cheerio.

My knowledge of the league is pretty poor so just going off what I've seen and read. Sure you can all do a better job [emoji106]

Surely if you’re counting Aird as a Dundee Utd/QOTS player then Muirhead is a Falkirk/Ayr player therefore you’ve got too many Falkirk players?

Anyway,

Fasan - Falkirk

Watson - Dundee Utd
Bouhenna - Dundee Utd
Edjenguele - Falkirk/Dundee Utd
Melbourne - Partick

Barton - Dundee Utd
Dykes - Morton
Paton - Falkirk

Lewis - Falkirk
El Bakhtaoui - Dunfermline
Storey - Partick

That team would be absolute cannon fodder in this league.

Aird racked up an impressive number of assists in just half a season with us. On that basis I'd argue that disqualifies him from this, even accounting for his apparent attitude issues and his minimal contribution at Palmerston.

Alternatively you could replace him with Yannick Loemba, also of United. An absolutely useless signing by Laszlo and hasn't played since Neilson's first couple of games in Oct/Nov.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely if you’re counting Aird as a Dundee Utd/QOTS player then Muirhead is a Falkirk/Ayr player therefore you’ve got too many Falkirk players?

Anyway,

Fasan - Falkirk

Watson - Dundee Utd
Bouhenna - Dundee Utd
Melbourne - Partick

Barton - Dundee Utd
Dykes - Morton
Paton - Falkirk

Lewis - Falkirk
Storey - Partick

Unfortunately Melbourne didn’t play 5 games for us. Absolutely a jobber, though.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Anyway,

Fasan - Falkirk

Watson - Dundee Utd
Bouhenna - Dundee Utd
Melbourne - Partick

Barton - Dundee Utd
Dykes - Morton
Paton - Falkirk

Lewis - Falkirk
Storey - Partick

Fook, didn’t realise Muirhead was with Falkirk at the start of the season, my bad.

Bell

McKay Devine Dallison Tidser

Storey Ntambwe Osman MacLean

Mackin Lewis

Harsh on Tidser considering he’s not a LB and should never have played LB vs us but he was still rotten and I couldn’t think of another.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Unfortunately Melbourne didn’t play 5 games for us. Absolutely a jobber, though.

Didn't think he looked that terrible at County- was he really that pish at you?

10 minutes ago, superayr_1910 said:

Harsh on dykes, he isn’t a great goal scorer but a good player to have upfront if you play direct

Agreed. I have said it before - whoever told Dykes to call himself a forward did him a great disservice. I am not sure what you would call him mind, but he's capable of contributing massively without scoring.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Didn't think he looked that terrible at County- was he really that pish at you?

On his debut he was played at RB against Ayr and got torn apart, and then a couple of weeks later he was at his regular LB against Dundee United where he was poor again. Maybe a couple of sub appearances and cup games after that (sure he scored against Stranraer in the LC) but the damage was done after the two early league games and he never got the chance to recover.

And in fairness to him, he was completely hung out to dry at Ayr by Archibald, which was never an ideal way to start your loan spell.

GK: Leo Fasan (Falkirk)

CB: Danny Devine (Dunfermline)

CB: Daniel Jeffries (Thistle)

CB: Tam Scobbie (Thistle)

RM: Dimitris Froxylias (Falkirk)

CM: Brice Ntambwe (Thistle)

CM: Adam Barton (Dundee United)

LM: Miles Storey (Thistle)

FW: Dennon Lewis (Falkirk)

FW: Lyndon Dykes (Queen of the South)

FW: Dylan Mackin (Falkirk)

Edit: I didn’t notice the 5 game minimum before posting, and can’t be arsed changing it now.