Todays scores 11/5

GNU_Linux

23 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:
23 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:
Arthurlie 0 Kilsyth Rangers 2, full time

Pish same as Wednesday night didnt want it!!

Having seen them on Wednesday at Cumbernauld I think it is simply a case that Arthurlie are just not good enough.  

I reckon we need at least 6 new players, and of a far better standard than we currently have  - A right back, 2 central defenders, more creative midfielder, winger and forwards - the lot basically, which is no different from what every other team in the league will be looking for. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Spelling

Having seen them on Wednesday at Cumbernauld I think it is simply a case that Arthurlie are just not good enough.  
I reckon we need at least 6 new players, and of a far better standard than we currently have = A right back back, 2 central defenders, more creative midfielder, winger and forwards - the lot basically, which is no different from what every other team in the league will be looking for. 
I dont agree that they arnt good enough but they have been inconsistant with there playing style when they keep the ball on the deck they are excellent but had stopped playing like that towards the end of the season. As for new players i think we need a rb, cb, cm, lm and 1 striker. Iv heard of atleast a striker and 2 wingers already going to pre season.

8 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Your right back let himself down big time yesterday m8, stonewall penalty and why he done it god only knows, he was already on a yellow

He’s got a tendency to do daft stuff Quite often in games. He was at fault for both Kilsyth goals yesterday and one of Cumbernaulds on Wednesday night. I will say his teammates quite often get on his case about things and he then gets distracted from the game arguing with them then he has a rush of blood and dives into silly challenges( your pen a prime example of it)

Thought it was a strange decision to take Marks off yesterday in a game Lie had to win. He was their most likely source of anything in the game.

He looked knackered to me just before he was taken off. It was a toss up for me who went off between him and Jamie Doc.

Difference is that Kilsyth wanted it more which is strange when you look at who had something to play for and who didn’t.

Is it true that Salim is off to Queens Park?

On 12/05/2019 at 09:53, 1874_MTL said:
On 12/05/2019 at 09:36, paul wright scores said:
I reckon we need at least 6 new players, and of a far better standard than we currently have = A right back back, 2 central defenders, more creative midfielder, winger and forwards - the lot basically, which is no different from what every other team in the league will be looking for. 

I dont agree that they arnt good enough but they have been inconsistant 

Not wanting to get into an ongoing debate, but that is exactly why they are not good enough and IMO the same squad will be the exact same next year. 

Start off by tightening it up at the back.

12 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Not wanting to get into an ongoing debate, but that is exactly why they are not good enough and IMO the same squad will be the exact same next year. 

Start off by tightening it up at the back.

Re the debate about teams being inconsistent and not good enough fot the Premier dovision. Only Glencairn anbd Benburb have truly been consistent throughout the season, all the teams battling for the third promotion spot have been inconsiastent (including ourselves) but have shown good enough form at times to match , and even beat, these two. You could say several of the teams in the Premier are not  good enough to be there, like Rob Roy and a couple of the Ayrshire clubs, but they are and likely to remain in it for another season at least. Look  at what happened to the two rop teams in last seasons championship, by far the worst in the Premier and strasight back down, interesting to see what  happens next season, I reckon Glens and Bens are good enough to stay up but whoever goes up with them will struggle.