Moment/Moments of the season

Two away comebacks for me...

3-0 down at East Fife in December - apparently dead and buried - but a Scouse penalty, Innes Cameron header and Chris McGowan’s free kick gave us a point. Scouse then got sent off, but for this we might actually have pushed for a late winner.

Then 2-0 down at Raith in April, only to come back thanks to Kyle Turner, big Innes and Joao Victoria for our first league win at Starks since the 80s.

If only we could do these things at home too!

I missed our two great comebacks in Fife and don't really have any stand out games. An incident from our first home game with Raith still makes me chuckle though. Ball rolling along the by-line and the Raith photographer sticks his foot out and stops it, ball wasn't actually out of play. Ref and linesman were a bit bemused.  Boy took a bit of stick for it, only made worse when he denied it happened. If only someone could've take a photo...

First home game against Dumbarton one of the elder members of our support in the Cooshed was abusing who he thought was Iain Russell but was in fact Bobby Barr. This went on for quite a while before Barr burst and replied if your going to shout abuse at me at least get my name right ya old c*nt.  

Hopefully this time next year I can write something about the team.

Lol.

Even when we were pish under Lumsden, finishing 9th in League Two there was some brilliant moments.

Ricky Little scoring from his own half way against Berwick being one.

ETA actually that was the season before, must have blanked the next season from memory other than appointing DC

It's been a pretty forgettable season for us, overall - but the atmosphere in our end when Hutton saved the penalty against Celtic was pretty special, and something I'll remember for a long time.

The seethe from Celtic fans that he dared to celebrate saving a penalty in the Cup against the biggest club in the country was pretty bizarre.

image.png.ee358d613e8c819ead21de33b4c2307f.png

Ricky Little scoring from his own half way against Berwick being one.  
ETA actually that was the season before, must have blanked the next season from memory other than appointing DC

One thing that always sticks out for me was Craig Wilson’s 35 yard weak foot howitzer vs Berwick midweek. Think everyone just started pishing themselves when it went in.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:59, Mattmc said:

I missed our two great comebacks in Fife and don't really have any stand out games. An incident from our first home game with Raith still makes me chuckle though. Ball rolling along the by-line and the Raith photographer sticks his foot out and stops it, ball wasn't actually out of play. Ref and linesman were a bit bemused.  Boy took a bit of stick for it, only made worse when he denied it happened. If only someone could've take a photo...

Reminds me of the incident at Dumbarton where one of the East Fife fans had a meltdown saying a ballboy kept the ball in play when the highlights showed he was running along the side of the pitch but nowhere near the ball.

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Reminds me of the incident at Dumbarton where one of the East Fife fans had a meltdown saying a ballboy kept the ball in play when the highlights showed he was running along the side of the pitch but nowhere near the ball.

I'd forgotten all about this.  Let's just watch the incident in question once more:

Animated GIF

Edited by The Moonster

Best was Dunsmore's goal and the win at Starks, for the derby win but also a couple of good days out as I'm not back in Fife often.

I can maybe segway the 4-3 win at Stair Park in between the two though, absolutely glorious to see in person given my train was cancelled and the gods amongst men that run the supporters bus agreeing to collect me at Killie! 

Rovers moments of the season:

1. Controversy over being the latest diddy team to install a plastic pitch.

2. Return of McGlynn.

3. Pumping Pars at Stark’s in the Cup.

4. King Kev getting his 30th league goal against Brechin.

5. Winning our first ever play-off semi-final

TBC

Edited by Scary Bear

We've had a lot of dreadful moments to endure but travelling to Stenny (on our kitman's last day in the job incidently) and having to wear their away kit is up there with one of the biggest minter/tinpot moments I've ever experienced following Dumbarton.

Wait, what? :lol: :lol:

Wait, what? [emoji38] [emoji38]
We travelled to Stenny on the 29th of December and for some reason (perhaps there was a reason*) there was some sort of mixup with our kit whereby we travelled with one that clashed, and it led to us having to wear the Stenny away kit. I've seen my fair share of minter moments over the years, including finishing 2nd bottom of the 3rd division, but nothing comes close to the tinpotness of the Stenny kit embarassment. Real amateur stuff.

*our kitman was very, very close to Aitken. A month or so after we got shot of Aitken it was announced he would be leaving too. I can only assume he wasn't best pleased with Aitken's sacking. He displayed some extreme public seethe whereby he went on Facebook and salughtered the board, in particular our fans rep and commercial director (the very same guy Aitken had a pop at after leaving). The Stenny game just so happened to be his last game as kitman. It may have been a genuine error but the more cynical amongst us have our doubts.thumbnail.jpeg.jpg

We travelled to Stenny on the 29th of December and for some reason (perhaps there was a reason*) there was some sort of mixup with our kit whereby we travelled with one that clashed, and it led to us having to wear the Stenny away kit. I've seen my fair share of minter moments over the years, including finishing 2nd bottom of the 3rd division, but nothing comes close to the tinpotness of the Stenny kit embarassment. Real amateur stuff.

*our kitman was very, very close to Aitken. A month or so after we got shot of Aitken it was announced he would be leaving too. I can only assume he wasn't best pleased with Aitken's sacking. He displayed some extreme public seethe whereby he went on Facebook and salughtered the board, in particular our fans rep and commercial director (the very same guy Aitken had a pop at after leaving). The Stenny game just so happened to be his last game as kitman. It may have been a genuine error but the more cynical amongst us have our doubts.thumbnail.jpeg.jpg.d37369fded5e3e279b50c9b520031088.jpg
To make it slightly worse, it wasn't even Stenny's current away kit but a cast off from a few years ago!