Moment/Moments of the season

It’s been a long season, but no matter how your team has done in the league standings come the end of the season there’s always a few stand out moments that live long in the memory. I’ve picked a few, mine are all goals but I wouldn’t limit it to goals-

Steven Doris’ goal vs Dumbarton

Having been out injured for a year with a knee injury, Stevie D climbed off the bench to put us in front against Dumbarton with his first touch on the pitch. To be honest I don’t think many people realised it was him that scored at the time, having flung himself at a weird angle to put it past Robbie Mutch. What a feeling it was when he turned round to the crowd with a big cheeser on his puss. Was brilliant seeing his dad (who may or may not post on here [emoji102]) in the pub after the game.

Bobby Linn vs Forfar

If I could pick one moment to pinpoint just how good Bobby Linn has been this season, it would be him completing his hattrick by pinging in a 35 yard free kick to win a derby match. Unbelievable and rightly won our goal of the season.

Colin Hamilton vs Raith

Hammy. Won. The. League. At. Starks. Park

The 4-3 win away to Airdrie. 3-1 down and down to 10 men with less than 10 minutes to go.

3-0 win at home against Dunfermline in the SC with Vaughan grabbing all 3 goals.

Kevin Nisbet being...well just being Kevin Nisbet.

Dunsmores last minute winner against the rovers 

^^^ Definitely this!!!

And I would also add Big Tonks and his Hot-Shot Hamish impression against Falkirk in the League Cup, with one of the best goals seen at the Nou Bayview in many a year, I think that is the moment when we knew he was a baller!!!

Would probably add Aggy's injury away to Stranraer, as even though we won that game it unknowingly signaled the end of our season!!!

Unfortunately, I missed the Fife derby win back in January so its that final ten minutes at Airdrie. I'd be incredibly lucky if I ever see Rovers do anything like that again. After Davidson got sent off and they got the third, I don't think anyone thought we'd even get a consolation goal. After Buchanan got his second, you could only really think how incredible it would be. Next thing you know we're lining up for a free kick, which somehow found its way into the net. Fans bouncing down the stairs to celebrate an unlikely point. 10 men, and we've the ball up the pitch after a throw in. Flanagan swings in a cross and after about three seconds of bouncing about, our whole team and subs were in front of our fans celebrating the greatest comeback I've seen in football to this day. 

Looking back, that game cost Airdrie a spot in the playoffs also. Fine margins. 

Slightly weird one, 5-1 win away at Dumbarton. Mcglynn’s first game back in charge, a brilliant atmosphere throughout the game and Vaughan scoring after 22 seconds. Dumbarton is a good away day when the result goes in your favour.

Of course, 2-0 win away at Arbroath, atmosphere was fantastic and the free kick from Danny Armstrong was magnificent.

Dom Thomas completing an absolutely outrageous hat-trick in the 3-4 victory at New Bayview is probably the moment that will stick with me the longest. He was incredible that day, and it felt as if there was never really any doubt that he'd get the third at some point.

Also me shouting "DON'T SHOOT" as Ross Forbes rifled one in from 25 yards at Stair Park. Or me shouting "DON'T HIT IT" as Ross Forbes sliced in a daisycutter against Raith at the Rock.

In terms of individual moments though, this goal is flat-out one of the weirdest and most incredible moments of genius I've ever seen. Granted I'm only 21, but I've never seen a ball hit like a standard edge of the box shot from the centre-circle before. 

The DT hat trick game for me too. From cruising at 3-0 at half time to biting nails at the end, the game had everything. When the goalie went up for the corner at the end and we broke up the park only for Paton to miss an open goal, it capped everything that makes lower league football glorious!

20 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

It’s been a long season, but no matter how your team has done in the league standings come the end of the season there’s always a few stand out moments that live long in the memory. I’ve picked a few, mine are all goals but I wouldn’t limit it to goals-

Steven Doris’ goal vs Dumbarton

Having been out injured for a year with a knee injury, Stevie D climbed off the bench to put us in front against Dumbarton with his first touch on the pitch. To be honest I don’t think many people realised it was him that scored at the time, having flung himself at a weird angle to put it past Robbie Mutch. What a feeling it was when he turned round to the crowd with a big cheeser on his puss. Was brilliant seeing his dad (who may or may not post on here emoji102.png) in the pub after the game.

Bobby Linn vs Forfar

If I could pick one moment to pinpoint just how good Bobby Linn has been this season, it would be him completing his hattrick by pinging in a 35 yard free kick to win a derby match. Unbelievable and rightly won our goal of the season.

Colin Hamilton vs Raith

Hammy. Won. The. League. At. Starks. Park

Get this self congratulatory thread away to f**k.

Best moment of the season for me was probably punting Aitken.

We've had a lot of dreadful moments to endure but travelling to Stenny (on our kitman's last day in the job incidently) and having to wear their away kit is up there with one of the biggest minter/tinpot moments I've ever experienced following Dumbarton. We should've been relegated on the spot for that.