Whitehill welfare 2019/20

17 minutes ago, surely not! said:

SFA thinking of a u turn?

Na think they have picked three Bonnyrigg and three WW players and all get a coin each to play pitchy see who wins then dah dah that team is in LL , easy 

Rumours going about bonnyrigg are up thats some turn around fi the sfa if true

Another audit being set up to coincide with the floodlights having been installed.....

LL asked to stay quiet on who is in the league until mid June......

Just putting two and two together 🤷🏻‍♂️

So the lowland league last season were overruled on the basis that you can't change rules/wording but you can have changes now regarding licensing etc after public outcry

46 minutes ago, magoo said:

So the lowland league last season were overruled on the basis that you can't change rules/wording but you can have changes now regarding licensing etc after public outcry

If they are delaying things until the SFA board meeting/AGM on 12th June then that is technically allowed within the LL's rules on the lower pyramid play-off so long as the SLFL board has granted a "waiver, relaxation or period of grace in relation to the club's requirement to comply with the membership criteria".

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any news about what's happening with WW after last night's LL agm?

Given the farce that has preceded i think you are being optimistic expecting any sort of update  , they will no doubt delay until the day prior to the fixture release to avoid the flack 

Either it stays as is ,,,,,,,,,, or u turn and let Bonnyrigg in,,,,,,,,,,,, as  it should have been but having said no initially  bit it is horrific and childish now   that they will in my opinion do the u turn now 

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any news about what's happening with WW after last night's LL agm?

On 31/05/2019 at 15:17, Ginaro said:

If they are delaying things until the SFA board meeting/AGM on 12th June then that is technically allowed within the LL's rules on the lower pyramid play-off so long as the SLFL board has granted a "waiver, relaxation or period of grace in relation to the club's requirement to comply with the membership criteria".

16 minutes ago, Golum said:

Given the farce that has preceded i think you are being optimistic expecting any sort of update  , they will no doubt delay until the day prior to the fixture release to avoid the flack 

Either it stays as is ,,,,,,,,,, or u turn and let Bonnyrigg in,,,,,,,,,,,, as  it should have been but having said no initially  bit it is horrific and childish now   that they will in my opinion do the u turn now 

On 31/05/2019 at 11:29, surely not! said:

Another audit being set up to coincide with the floodlights having been installed.....

LL asked to stay quiet on who is in the league until mid June......

Just putting two and two together 

I'd say SN has called it right. 

Floodlights installed and in place at Bonnyrigg just in time for last nights LL agm. 

Coincidence or what  ? 

I'd expect the nail in the ww coffin to be confirmed from where Ginaro quotes at the SFA meeting on the 12th June  ? 

An absolute piss take and shambles on both teams from start to finish. 

45 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Floodlights installed and in place at Bonnyrigg just in time for last nights LL agm. 

Coincidence or what  ? 

I'd expect the nail in the ww coffin to be confirmed from where Ginaro quotes at the SFA meeting on the 12th June  ? 

I agree it's an absolute shambles, both teams are left in uncertainty because of the SFA's incompetence. That's why the SFA licensing decision should really have been made in February as originally planned. That would have given Bonnyrigg the time to sort things out in case of a negative decision so any final decision would have been reached before the end of the season and all teams would have know what would happen. Imagine if the SOS had a licensed champion, or even worse, a champion going through the same process as Bonnyrigg? You could end up with a play-off before knowing for definite which of the 2 teams (if any) is actually eligible for promotion. Yes, I know the reason why the initial SFA meeting in which this should have been discussed has been cancelled and obviously the reason was very sad. But surely it's not difficult to at least have a quick phone/Skype conference shortly after for example?

The licensing rules at the start of the season should remain the same throughout the season for both new applicants and teams that already have a license with the decision taken in February and any further steps to be taken (if needed) to be done by the end of the season. Rule changes should only apply when a new season starts, giving existing member clubs (at least) a year to sort things out on their side.

Edited by Marten

16 minutes ago, Marten said:

I agree it's an absolute shambles, both teams are left in uncertainty because of the SFA's incompetence. That's why the SFA licensing decision should really have been made in February as originally planned. That would have given Bonnyrigg the time to sort things out in case of a negative decision so any final decision would have been reached before the end of the season and all teams would have know what would happen. Imagine if the SOS had a licensed champion, or even worse, a champion going through the same process as Bonnyrigg? You could end up with a play-off before knowing for definite which of the 2 teams (if any) is actually eligible for promotion. Yes, I know the reason why the initial SFA meeting in which this should have been discussed has been cancelled and obviously the reason was very sad. But surely it's not difficult to at least have a quick phone/Skype conference shortly after for example?

The licensing rules at the start of the season should remain the same throughout the season for both new applicants and teams that already have a license with the decision taken in February and any further steps to be taken (if needed) to be done by the end of the season. Rule changes should only apply when a new season starts, giving existing member clubs (at least) a year to sort things out on their side.

I think if it looked like the SoS could have had a licensed champion the LL would never have granted the extension past March 31st.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Coincidence or what  ? 

I don’t get the coincidence with the LL AGM angle? What does that have to do with it? I’m not being awkward, but surely if it was planned that way they would have waited until after the AGM to avoid any confrontations ?

16 minutes ago, The Informer said:

I don’t get the coincidence with the LL AGM angle? What does that have to do with it? I’m not being awkward, but surely if it was planned that way they would have waited until after the AGM to avoid any confrontations ?

The LL might not be unanimous in how it decides to operate. There may well have been a split between those giving Bonnyrigg an extension and those not wanting WW to be relegated with some undecided. Bonnyrigg having their floodlights up and installed in time for the LL AGM could sway any doubts that they wouldn't get their SFA license in time for 2019/20.