Whitehill welfare 2019/20

14 minutes ago, magoo said:

That was badly needed....looking at least in the mix now...well done lads

Great result for Whitehill and I think a Nitten are in deep trouble now. Not much in it between 11th and 16th but Nitten have lost 7 in last 9 league matches - lost a good management duo and no improvement in last couple of matches. 

6 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Great result for Whitehill and I think a Nitten are in deep trouble now. Not much in it between 11th and 16th but Nitten have lost 7 in last 9 league matches - lost a good management duo and no improvement in last couple of matches. 

Where as dunbar game apart( minds must have been on the newcastle)  whitehill have at least been putting some good performances together...its absolutely paramount that whitehill stay up this season..in fairness i dont think the points total at the moment reflect the actual performances

2 hours ago, magoo said:

Where as dunbar game apart( minds must have been on the newcastle)  whitehill have at least been putting some good performances together...its absolutely paramount that whitehill stay up this season..in fairness i dont think the points total at the moment reflect the actual performances

Dunbar performance was worst of season by far. Dunbar were well up for it that day after recent goings on at their club.

Late goals against the likes of Camelon and Penicuik are proving costly though ? 

We have a chance now to build on today's result now wi 2 home games in 2 weeks ? 

Not gonnae be easy but howay the lads, we now  have a chance to at least get off the bottom  and look up instead of doon,its tough when you at the bottom the breaks dont go yer way,hopefully today was a turning point ? 

Mon the welfarrrrre!! 

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Screenshot_20200107-093731_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1c68a49e3e23022d81015cde50cec13f.jpg

Its much better to keep Whitehill in the first page of EoS by commenting about information as opposed to just putting up a comment because they are slipping to page 2!! :)

I think your change of time back to 1:30 is sensible. When our match against Tranent was into the second half, the lighting was definitely fading and I thought at that time if match kicked off at 2pm, we may have had difficulties seeing the ball if it were past 3:30pm.

I would be happy for the next couple of weeks with a 1:30pm start - my view only!

27 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I would be happy for the next couple of weeks with a 1:30pm start - my view only!

1 o c would be better,a chance for the ground hopper to take in 2 matches. :P

Apparently theres a big game on just doon the road when you visit us. :thumsup2

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

1 o c would be better,a chance for the ground hopper to take in 2 matches. :P

Apparently theres a big game on just doon the road when you visit us. :thumsup2

Yeah - I did think of going to the Easthouses - Ormiston match myself; but the fact that Whitehill is a new ground for me -persuaded me still to come to Rosewell on 18th!

On 07/01/2020 at 10:11, Casey Jones said:

Its much better to keep Whitehill in the first page of EoS by commenting about information as opposed to just putting up a comment because they are slipping to page 2!! :)

Now now Casey...

Are you telling me you don't appreciate my photos from when The Welfare were feared throughout Europe... 😂

ww7scan.thumb.jpg.972f86d732decce594bb4548d0e1c4d1.jpg

16 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Now now Casey...

Are you telling me you don't appreciate my photos from when The Welfare were feared throughout Europe... 😂

😂 When John Bird put Jackie Mac on his arse wi  what looks like Stewart Purves or Ian Brown  and Pierre Van Hooijdonk looking on. 

Edited by newcastle broon

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Now now Casey...

I definitely appreciate your photos!!

But, hopefully you will agree that since I wrote that note Whitehill have never been out of the top 10 subjects - as people are interested in whats going on!

On Saturday, hopefully it is not one of our players caught on the deck watching play go by!!

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Disappointing day but there is hope.......

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/floodlight-update-2504211.html

I am obviously delighted with the 3 points, in the same way that you will be gutted with losing the match having gone so close! 

Tough match to watch given the heavy pitch the guys played on. Burgh did to Whitehill what a number of teams have done to us this season - push on right up to the final whistle and get a couple of goals to turn a loss into a victory.

Much more positive for Whitehill is the news on the floodlights. I and I am sure the majority of fans at this level are willing Whitelaw on to ensure that the floodlights are installed, thus letting the club keep their license status!!

One thing I am interested in, is the 4 platforms you will have for the floodlight towers to stand on. You state that they are compliant, so the lights must be very powerful? think  Haddington and Tranent have gone for 8 floodlight towers as will Musselburgh when the time comes.

16 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I am obviously delighted with the 3 points, in the same way that you will be gutted with losing the match having gone so close! 

Tough match to watch given the heavy pitch the guys played on. Burgh did to Whitehill what a number of teams have done to us this season - push on right up to the final whistle and get a couple of goals to turn a loss into a victory.

Much more positive for Whitehill is the news on the floodlights. I and I am sure the majority of fans at this level are willing Whitelaw on to ensure that the floodlights are installed, thus letting the club keep their license status!!

One thing I am interested in, is the 4 platforms you will have for the floodlight towers to stand on. You state that they are compliant, so the lights must be very powerful? think  Haddington and Tranent have gone for 8 floodlight towers as will Musselburgh when the time comes.

As posted on another thread we stood off ye and let you come at us after going in front. Either that or you were a lot fitter than us. Your attacking left you exposed at the back but we were never a threat on the counter.Substitutes whether on for injuries or not were disappointing to say the least.Speaking to couple of your guys after the game they couldnt believe you took all 3 points. Impressed by the numbers up from Musselburgh though.

Remember when clubs used to have floodlights in just 4 corners of the ground. Maybe theyve gone old fashioned and brought light this way. 

I'm just glad we are now in a position to get them up. Tough times on the park when you are trying to keep up standards off the park!

Looking forward to your match assessment on the Burgh page.

We've only got the runaway leaders away next week. It's a funny old game though shocks can happen in the odd places mon the Welfarrrrre!!

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

As posted on another thread we stood off ye and let you come at us after going in front. Either that or you were a lot fitter than us. Your attacking left you exposed at the back but we were never a threat on the counter.Substitutes whether on for injuries or not were disappointing to say the least.Speaking to couple of your guys after the game they couldnt believe you took all 3 points. Impressed by the numbers up from Musselburgh though.

Remember when clubs used to have floodlights in just 4 corners of the ground. Maybe theyve gone old fashioned and brought light this way. 

I'm just glad we are now in a position to get them up. Tough times on the park when you are trying to keep up standards off the park!

Looking forward to your match assessment on the Burgh page.

We've only got the runaway leaders away next week. It's a funny old game though shocks can happen in the odd places mon the Welfarrrrre!!

Not knocking the floodlights and will save work as well with only the corners having to be dugout. 

I actually found it hard to write any notes down, particularly in 2nd half as I was disappointed in a number of aspects of the match with regards to Musselburgh.

i talked to no Burgh supporter at end of match who thought that the game was going to end in a win for us! Before Mathu’s equaliser, I couldn’t believe that we hadn’t brought on a third sub who could try and change match in our favour!  Also, after the debacle of Whitehill’s goal, it was good that Paul redeemed himself with the double save.

Your number 11, Swanson was best player in first half. Luckily for Burgh, he went off the boil in 2nd half.

You have to keep the faith in your team for remainder of season. Still a long way to go and still 7 teams involved in relegation fight! On the day, any team can beat each other, and I genuinely hope Whitehill get a result next week.