Whitehill welfare 2019/20

20 minutes ago, magoo said:

Indeed that will be 1 of various reasons, if individuals wish to leave the club and in.doing so take others with them then there's little anyone can do, the 20s won't be a great loss in my eye's but that's my own thoughts, shame the usual suspects were not as quick posting on Sunday night about the positivity surrounding the club at the weekend, as they are about negitive news, some things will never change

True, one or 2 posts from Newky on Sunday. Where as when all this kicked off, they’ve all came out for a swipe. Sad state of affairs...

20 hours ago, Krul and The Gang said:

End of the day saying its to focus on Floodlights and other parts of the ground is just a cover up for a shambolic appointment in Aitchison (takes alot of doing to get worse than Sandisson but they somehow managed that, both these guys have ruined one of the founding members of the 20s development league and its a real shame), if he never walked do you think they would of pulled the plug on the 20s ? No its only been pulled cause kenny walked and took his players with him leaving the 20s with next to no players and unable to attract players as all good players will have been snapped up by other 20s

I thought Kenny Aitchison was a good appointment and think he would have done a very good job with the 20's at Whitehill. When Kenny was appointed, Whitehill were still operating under the SFA guidance that they had 3 seasons to get their lights installed, so the club at that point were funding the 20's as per usual, everyone knew where they stood. Only a few weeks ago, the SFA informed Whitehill that they no longer had 3 seasons, they now had one season (June 2019) to get their lights installed. On the back of this news, the club met with Kenny to inform him they would now have to divert all spare funds to the lights and that he and his coaches would now have to raise their own funds and make the 20's self sufficient. Kenny didn't wish to proceed on this bases and given the change in circumstances the club understood and wished him all the best for the future. Don't understand all the drama over a 20's team taking a year out, it's not like there are now a raft of poor young men who can't play local football, there are now plenty of teams in Midlothian where these young players can develop their skills, it's not like Whitehill have deprived anyone, so who's losing? Young lads will continue to play football elsewhere for a season, Whitehill will rightly put all their efforts into raising money for the installation of floodlights and you can keep posting pish on the pie and Bovril.... everyone's a winner!! 

31 minutes ago, gypsy king said:

I thought Kenny Aitchison was a good appointment and think he would have done a very good job with the 20's at Whitehill. When Kenny was appointed, Whitehill were still operating under the SFA guidance that they had 3 seasons to get their lights installed, so the club at that point were funding the 20's as per usual, everyone knew where they stood. Only a few weeks ago, the SFA informed Whitehill that they no longer had 3 seasons, they now had one season (June 2019) to get their lights installed. On the back of this news, the club met with Kenny to inform him they would now have to divert all spare funds to the lights and that he and his coaches would now have to raise their own funds and make the 20's self sufficient. Kenny didn't wish to proceed on this bases and given the change in circumstances the club understood and wished him all the best for the future. Don't understand all the drama over a 20's team taking a year out, it's not like there are now a raft of poor young men who can't play local football, there are now plenty of teams in Midlothian where these young players can develop their skills, it's not like Whitehill have deprived anyone, so who's losing? Young lads will continue to play football elsewhere for a season, Whitehill will rightly put all their efforts into raising money for the installation of floodlights and you can keep posting pish on the pie and Bovril.... everyone's a winner!! 

The same kenny aitchison that said he'd do a Leicester with Hawick 😂😂😂😂😂  then jumped ship from Hawick and got his old man the boot from Airdrie 😂 The 20s teams have always had to self fund hence the reason the players pay subs and they do race nights etc so you're talking jobbie about funds.

No one metioned anything about young players missing out hahahahahaha like you say they'll all go to other clubs and these players will help the likes of Peni, Bonnyrigg, Edin Utd, Civil etc when the first team is struggling with injuries and suspensions, so its the club that misses out not young players, maybe read stuff before spouting pish Tyson Fury you big dosser 😂😂

deontay wilder boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Edited by Krul and The Gang

Arniston 1 Whitehill 2 , heard Arniston were unlucky and should have been 2 or 3 up at half time ( thats from an arniston fan though )

said welfare came into  it more 2nd half with the changes and probably deserved their win , like the look of a few of the Welfare players  but was really surprised how well the rangers did 

said the ex Jags player were pish lol

1 hour ago, gypsy king said:

Don't be coming on here posting posts that have factual backing

23 hours ago, stingyjag said:

Arniston 1 Whitehill 2 , heard Arniston were unlucky and should have been 2 or 3 up at half time ( thats from an arniston fan though )

said welfare came into  it more 2nd half with the changes and probably deserved their win , like the look of a few of the Welfare players  but was really surprised how well the rangers did 

said the ex Jags player were pish lol

Stop Fishing mate ,

Wasnt there but was told  only 2 ex jags started ,  few more came on later , 

Your post is pretty accurate on the game youll be glad an ex jag had a mare and fkd up a penalty as well no doubt 

Early days though , and not bad so far and  hoping to make Saturday v Boness should be a good 1

Is there still a pub in Rosewell? I remember going to one last time we played at WW, but Google isn't giving me any results. I was at a game against EK end of season before last but didn't have time to investigate local hospitality.

8 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Is there still a pub in Rosewell? I remember going to one last time we played at WW, but Google isn't giving me any results. I was at a game against EK end of season before last but didn't have time to investigate local hospitality.

Theres the miners bowling club aboot 15 min walk from the park (the other one just 100 yards up from the park closed and is now converted to a bungalow).

There is a social club inside the ground will welcome you before,at half time and after the game. 👍

Theres the miners bowling club aboot 15 min walk from the park (the other one just 100 yards up from the park closed and is now converted to a bungalow).
There is a social club inside the ground will welcome you before,at half time and after the game. [emoji106]

Sorry to hear the pub's away, but thanks for the info! Will try to visit the social club if time allows.

3 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Sorry to hear the pub's away, but thanks for the info! Will try to visit the social club if time allows.

It's inside the ground so even if time us right you can pop in at ht

What has happened to the Ferguson Park pitch? I passed by about a month ago and it was looking in great nick for the new season.

Today, I was at the game against Bo'ness (2-4), but the pitch looked awful for so early in the season, straw coloured, apart from the bare muddy patches, cutting up and looking as if it had been cut with a blunt mower.  

I can see quite a few games being postponed if the weather isn't kind.

sI61XMB.jpg

L2bQJND.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

What has happened to the Ferguson Park pitch? I passed by about a month ago and it was looking in great nick for the new season.

Today, I was at the game against Bo'ness (2-4), but the pitch looked awful for so early in the season, straw coloured, apart from the bare muddy patches, cutting up and looking as if it had been cut with a blunt mower.  

I can see quite a few games being postponed if the weather isn't kind.

sI61XMB.jpg

L2bQJND.jpg

Agreed the pitch was horrible , very poor conditions ,

not the greatest game , welfare went with a new formation at the back ,didn't work well and the players at the back struggled but it's all experiments just now

Boness always on top but a good entertaining game none the less,, on to the next match ,,slowy but surely the manager will have his team ready im sure 

Edited by WELFARENEWMAN
Update

Very comfortable 7 2 victory tonight with goals from Devlin and the impressive Froude (2) with a Kevin Keane bizarre header own goal making it 3 1 at half time. 

A few subs in the 2nd half saw 4 further goals,2 from the young lad Connor who impressed when coming on,Muir and Somerville who finished the game off making it 7. 2 offside goals as well could've made it even more but let's no be greedy or even get carried away here it's only pre season after all. :P

Mark Smith ex ww got the other Craigroyston goal although I felt oor keeper kinda wrong footed himself.

I would like to think the manager plays a few games this season absolutely strolled through the game. 

Big squad playing for places obviously but will be difficult keeping everyone happy. 

Was good to catch up wi Craigroyston legend John Young and Spartans manager Douglas Samuel as well. 

Onwards to Thursday s visit to Easthouses now  and from what I've seen (only 2 games right enough) is a squad shaping up well. 

Early days mon the welfarrrrre!!!

48 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Very comfortable 7 2 victory tonight with goals from Devlin and the impressive Froude (2) with a Kevin Keane bizarre header own goal making it 3 1 at half time. 

A few subs in the 2nd half saw 4 further goals,2 from the young lad Connor who impressed when coming on,Muir and Somerville who finished the game off making it 7. 2 offside goals as well could've made it even more but let's no be greedy or even get carried away here it's only pre season after all. :P

Mark Smith ex ww got the other Craigroyston goal although I felt oor keeper kinda wrong footed himself.

I would like to think the manager plays a few games this season absolutely strolled through the game. 

Big squad playing for places obviously but will be difficult keeping everyone happy. 

Was good to catch up wi Craigroyston legend John Young and Spartans manager Douglas Samuel as well. 

Onwards to Thursday s visit to Easthouses now  and from what I've seen (only 2 games right enough) is a squad shaping up well. 

Can't be far of last season's total goals scored already.....

12 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

thanks for the update Newky 

glad it went well , a goal fest , perhaps your right on the manager playing more   as the other options are at the moment struggling it appears 

i would guess the squad will be thinned soon 

was lough and mccallum still out ?

shaping up well though 

7 hours ago, WELFARENEWMAN said:

thanks for the update Newky 

glad it went well , a goal fest , perhaps your right on the manager playing more   as the other options are at the moment struggling it appears 

i would guess the squad will be thinned soon 

was lough and mccallum still out ?

shaping up well though 

Yes both missed out last night.

noticed a few more ex jags started again and  Meeks will do a good job there playing when he can as he talks a good game on the pitch as well as being a decent player  , and the Welfare seem to be doing a good preseason as well ,

bit of a worry if Dougie Samuel is sniffing about your team newky ?

Edited by stingyjag
update

Think it is just because the ground is local him.

noticed a few more ex jags started again and  Meeks will do a good job there playing when he can as he talks a good game on the pitch as well as being a decent player  , and the Welfare seem to be doing a good preseason as well ,
bit of a worry if Dougie Samuel is sniffing about your team newky ?