Whitehill welfare 2019/20

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The LL might not be unanimous in how it decides to operate. There may well have been a split between those giving Bonnyrigg an extension and those not wanting WW to be relegated with some undecided. Bonnyrigg having their floodlights up and installed in time for the LL AGM could sway any doubts that they wouldn't get their SFA license in time for 2019/20.

As far as I am aware there is no vote over new clubs by members, the decision is taken by the board? Someone from a LL club may clarify?

What exactly were the terms of the extension granted by the LL from the 31 March deadline, was it an extension to the LL AGM, the SFA AGM, until the SFA sorted themselves out or something else entirely?

11 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Assuming that Whitehill are going to be relegated now, we could have a situation next season, where they win the EoS Premier and are promoted as a licensed club but don't have floodlights. 

Lot of ifs... but (1) if whatever derogation is given to existing members lasted that long (and several years has been alleged); and (2) if no derogation was given to current/upcoming applicants; and (3) if Whitehill was relegated due to Bonnyrigg being promoted... then correct they would join Wigtown as a club able to win promotion to LL despite not being lit.

Civil Service and Vale of Leithen would be in LL without lights. Burntisland and Coldstream would be in new EOSL First Division and so another promotion away.

In practice I suspect the odds you'd get on Whitehill winning EOSL Premier Division, Wigtown winning SOSL or Coldstream or Burntisland getting successive promotions, would be very long.

17 minutes ago, The Informer said:

As far as I am aware there is no vote over new clubs by members, the decision is taken by the board? Someone from a LL club may clarify?

It wouldn't exactly have been a vote on new clubs. We aren't talking about applications. It's about the intrepretation of the rules under a so far unique set of circumstances.

18 minutes ago, Gimme said:

What exactly were the terms of the extension granted by the LL from the 31 March deadline, was it an extension to the LL AGM, the SFA AGM, until the SFA sorted themselves out or something else entirely?

It was never publicly stated as far as i'm aware. The closest thing was the EoS twitter feed post

It was never publicly stated as far as i'm aware. The closest thing was the EoS twitter feed post

It's open to interpretation then.

The earliest any club could have been granted a license is 12 June, that's the date those succesful applicants will be rubber stamped. If any club (Dundonald and Bonnyrigg) also now meet the criteria and have been formally checked by the licensing officer beforehand then they should also be granted a license on 12 June.

Given that that is no later than any other club, and is the first point at which the SFA have formally decided upon the applications then there's no reason for Bonnyrigg not to be promoted.

Remember if either Broxburn or Penicuik had won the play-off neither of them would have a licence yet either, although they do know its coming.

On 23/05/2019 at 09:19, The Crafty Dafty said:

WW will finish in the bottom 3 at best with the signings they are making!!
No thought process just signing up anyone who doesn’t want to stay with Dalkeith who at best were bang average last season

Hmmm :whistle

Screenshot_20190605-221655_Google.jpg

12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

He’s got a point broony, think Wayne has been the only decent signing I’ve seen so far. Will take more than him and a few Dalkeith players to be competitive in this league 

I take it ye missed oot the Lough signing  ?