Whitehill welfare 2019/20

How about someone new someone fresh who hasn't been attached to the club who can come in with fresh eyes and take a good look at what's needed, there will be managers out there who are busting to make a name for themselves who arent even from the area, maybe look a little further afield maybe see what out there and what applications come in, sometimes a fresh change is needed at a club to take it further under someone completely new, just a suggestion that it always doesn't have to be an ex player or the same old names all of the time 

8 hours ago, Kp91 said:

How about someone new someone fresh who hasn't been attached to the club who can come in with fresh eyes and take a good look at what's needed, there will be managers out there who are busting to make a name for themselves who arent even from the area, maybe look a little further afield maybe see what out there and what applications come in, sometimes a fresh change is needed at a club to take it further under someone completely new, just a suggestion that it always doesn't have to be an ex player or the same old names all of the time 

Good idea but they wouldn't want to come from further afield for nothing and the club is on the bones of its arse after getting the lights. 

Well that's my take on it all at present.

I could be way off the mark here though.

AGM Thursday contact the club with email link so can get the zoom for anybody wanting to tune in. 

Fresh eyes is what's needed not just on but off the park as well and I hope more people will get their names down and have fresh ideas to take the club forward in what is very worrying times. :unsure2:

8 hours ago, Kp91 said:

That's easy said but the applicants will reflect the position the club finds itself in, bottom of tier 6. You can't force people to apply.
Back in the days when the job was arguably one of the biggest in the non-league, they had the likes of John Clark and more recently Stevie Hislop. Mickey Lawson had 3 stints and he's hardly what you would call a local jobber. Other guys who interviewed have to be anonymous, like certain ex-Chelsea players travelling from the West of Scotland 😉

Maybe the club have someone lined up already I dont know but surely a tier 6 club is a big draw for any manager, just because we may not have heard of them before doesnt mean that they couldnt do a decent job although in what may be difficult circumstances financially, I know of 2 managers who would be happy to put themselves forward and maybe they already have I'm not sure, one has managed in england (semi pro level) and the other in northern scotland both I'm sure would do a good job given the chance but with them not being from the area I very much doubt they would even be considered as clubs tend to go for ex players or managers who are from that area the club is in 

Edited by Kp91

1 hour ago, Kp91 said:

Maybe the club have someone lined up already I dont know but surely a tier 6 club is a big draw for any manager, just because we may not have heard of them before doesnt mean that they couldnt do a decent job although in what may be difficult circumstances financially, I know of 2 managers who would be happy to put themselves forward and maybe they already have I'm not sure, one has managed in england (semi pro level) and the other in northern scotland both I'm sure would do a good job given the chance but with them not being from the area I very much doubt they would even be considered as clubs tend to go for ex players or managers who are from that area the club is in 

Tier 6 heading for 7 though.

That was my main issue should still be punching at tier 5 looking at the teams still in there. 

Its a matter of time for all the bigger non league clubs coming through but I'd still  liked a shot at the LL for a bit longer.

Anyway we are where we are now though,  I'm sure every applicant will get their chance to get their point across. 

Get in touch wi them and get their names down but would their ambition match the budget though?

As I said the floodlights look to have set us back years behind everyone else. 

Thats the beauty of owning yer own park I suppose. 

That was my main issue should still be punching at tier 5 looking at the teams still in there. 
Its a matter of time for all the bigger non league clubs coming through but I'd still  liked a shot at the LL for a bit longer.
Anyway we are where we are now though,  I'm sure every applicant will get their chance to get their point across. 
Get in touch wi them and get their names down but would their ambition match the budget though?
Correct, a lot of teams had a big helping hand with facilities, allowing them to concentrate solely on the field.

'Should still be punching at tier 5' isnt helping anything.
WW are exactly where they are on merit. No value in wondering what could have been and moaning about what it isnt.

The club will no doubt be looking to set 1 season objective, to stay in the league.

If they have no money to invest in players, then they will need to bring someone who is capable of getting them fit and organised enough to be hard to beat.

50 minutes ago, TheLad said:

'Should still be punching at tier 5' isnt helping anything.
WW are exactly where they are on merit. No value in wondering what could have been and moaning about what it isnt.

The club will no doubt be looking to set 1 season objective, to stay in the league.

If they have no money to invest in players, then they will need to bring someone who is capable of getting them fit and organised enough to be hard to beat.

Great post 👍

5 hours ago, Kp91 said:

Think your way off pal...i think any application will be considered seriously..id be surprised if there is a bulging postbag...

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Correct, a lot of teams had a big helping hand with facilities, allowing them to concentrate solely on the field.

Not sure that is strictly true! I know for my club, we got funding from East Lothian Council for the floodlights but that did not cover full costs! Also there were additional costs for other work required to get ready for the SFA license visit, for example a first aid room. Additional entry to ground, curing ground with required coverings to prevent Joe public from watching at any vantage points outside ground. 

Couple this with COVID, or even outwith this pandemic, I doubt a Burgh had any spare monies to concentrate ‘solely on the field’. From whatever angle you are coming from, I think you do a great dis-service to committee, sponsors and fans alike, for teams such as Musselburgh and what funds had to be raised.

37 minutes ago, Scuzz said:

Told you they would go for an ex player happens all the time but sometimes it's the wrong call, wish him all the best but I still would have liked to have seen someone fresh faced given the chance rather than the same old names but good luck to the guy I think he will need it by the sounds of things