Whitehill welfare 2019/20

2 hours ago, Carnethie Street said:

Another pumping yesterday 5-0 down after an hour squad and manager woefully out of its depth

The silence out of the club is deafening. 

7 games

7 defeats 

no points 

Rock bottom ! 

Canny really argue wi any of this.

4 of Nittens goals yesterday were scored by ex ww players just to rub our noses in it. 

22 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Canny really argue wi any of this.

4 of Nittens goals yesterday were scored by ex ww players just to rub our noses in it. 

Hardly matters in the scheme o things but the wiki page needs a bit of work. Somebody’s been keeping the squad up to date but the club history has been wrecked. Nothing from 1996 till 2013 when we won the EOSL and then it says Mickey went to Spamtins and took 13 players...

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Hardly matters in the scheme o things but the wiki page needs a bit of work. Somebody’s been keeping the squad up to date but the club history has been wrecked. Nothing from 1996 till 2013 when we won the EOSL and then it says Mickey went to Spamtins and took 13 players...

Don't think the history has been wrecked, it's just that no one has written anything about that period -feel free to write something accurate and add it to the wiki page.

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Don't think the history has been wrecked, it's just that no one has written anything about that period -feel free to write something accurate and add it to the wiki page.

Well said Ginaro! My understanding is that anyone can update Wiki As such I tend to stay away from it due to potential unreliability! 

The Mantis -  you seem to think it is a good thing, so why don't you update it and change your negatively in to a positive.

Also if you are so fed up with the club, do something about it!  There is surely somewhere in the Club's constitution which allows an EGM to be called for people to have their say! If this is positive then get people in that you and others think that can do a better job than the current committee. But if you get no backing. Time to let go a bit and let the committee do their job!

Nothing wrong with a bit of negativity unless it is a pure moanfest but not coming up with any changes/suggestions.

As said last week, I do wish Whitehill all best for the season.

19 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Well said Ginaro! My understanding is that anyone can update Wiki As such I tend to stay away from it due to potential unreliability! 

The Mantis -  you seem to think it is a good thing, so why don't you update it and change your negatively in to a positive.

Also if you are so fed up with the club, do something about it!  There is surely somewhere in the Club's constitution which allows an EGM to be called for people to have their say! If this is positive then get people in that you and others think that can do a better job than the current committee. But if you get no backing. Time to let go a bit and let the committee do their job!

Nothing wrong with a bit of negativity unless it is a pure moanfest but not coming up with any changes/suggestions.

Theres a zoom AGM on Thursday 19th been called.

Mantis has been there and bought the tee shirt Casey. 🤦‍♂️

My moanfest is simply the concerning results we've had lately. I think any fan of any club wi so many convincing defeats has a right to a wee moan or two especially on a fans forum. 

45 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

21 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I expected I might get a 'put up or shut up' type response to that post 😉

If you think I'm negative and fed up with the club, you must be mistaking me for somebody else. I've hardly posted here in a couple of years. I witnessed a shitstorm on FB last weekend but never commented. I gave the club 8 years (including wiki updates btw) but haven't been associated with the club for a couple of years now. My only interest will be to pay my 6 quid at the gate  if it ever happens.

I see I had a post removed (first ever for me) which was probably in bad taste but was meant as an in-joke, but apologies anyway. If the likes of Newky or Magoo or Carnethie Street were offended that would be different.

3 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

If you think I'm negative and fed up with the club, you must be mistaking me for somebody else. I've hardly posted here in a couple of years. I witnessed a shitstorm on FB last weekend but never commented. I gave the club 8 years (including wiki updates btw) but haven't been associated with the club for a couple of years now. My only interest will be to pay my 6 quid at the gate  if it ever happens.

I see I had a post removed (first ever for me) which was probably in bad taste but was meant as an in-joke, but apologies anyway. If the likes of Newky or Magoo or Carnethie Street were offended that would be different.

The same shit storm that was on facebook managed to get the whole supporters page taken down.

As I said before that was a one man crusade.I dont think it should've been taken away from everybody else's convenience.

Get yer arse back into the club and sort oot this mess then :P

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Me offended...😅😅🥰

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

When did tbe culture come in that every observation made, is met with well can you do better and join the committee...people choosing to commit time to a football club is there own choice, for whatever reasons and whatever enjoyment they get out of it, its their perogative. To say you have to put up or shut up to have thoughts on a football team you support is ridiculous,  unfortunately anyone's comments on ww will indeed be negitive as apart from the floodlights positivity has been in short supply for a good while....i was not calling for managers head, ive no doubt hes a decent lad, too early to say how his manager career will go, if people were being honest,most knew will the squad assembled it was always going to be a struggle( maybe not as comprehensive as it is) its funny that stop being negative is the catchphrase, but every answer is met with little money and a low budget, more or less conceeding that little can be achieved...the elephant in the room has had drastic consequences for football, yes big supported teams have better finances but if having lower budget stops you dead what is the point....

2 hours ago, Carnethie Street said:

casey Jones the newbie committee member changing the world at Musselburgh . 

who are we getting next at WW then ? the statement thankfuly  rules out that caretaker team for it permanently  

I am not a committee member of Musselburgh Athletic. Have never been asked to be, never been nominated and never had an inclination to be a committee member! Pure and simple am a fan who just wants to watch his team.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I owe you an apology Mantis! The negative remark was in a response to C S! I replied, on the wrong post, then continued with the Wiki comment and negativity as the same person - which was patently wrong! 👍

i know every fan is allowed to express any opinion he/she likes, and all those defeats can’t have much if any positivity about it. I was negative at times last year about Musselburgh, but as said previously, our committee stuck with the manager and in winning the cup and shield, the committee were correct in their decision!  But the way that C E thoughts are expressed, I am saying that there are alternatives should someone by that unhappy! 

Cheers.