Whitehill welfare 2019/20

18 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

This is a bit sad reading this page today!

Tranent are a good side and are going to take a few goals off a number of teams this season.

Heritage has nothing to do with whether a team should be relegated or not. No team has a devine right to expect to stay in the Lowland or indeed the Premier league! Look at Linlithgow. 10 years ago they were probably best supported and most successful Junior team in Scotland, perhaps for the exception of Pollok! Now, they are not even favourites for promotion from the Premier league. 

It is a shame to hear fans fighting among themselves on this forum. When Musselburgh Athletic visited Ferguson Park and practically all were taken with the welcome we received from the guys and girl at entrance to ground, food shop and the bar! Time is now to get behind your side and hope they don’t get relegated again this season.

Genuinely wish your club all the best for rest of season! 

Good post Casey. 

Theres no disputing the excellent work the food shop and bar does on a matchday.

Comparing ww with lithgow is a bit like apples and oranges though. 

I was the one who mentioned heritage meaning it should be a big draw for volunteers from the ever growing village to come forward. 

I never said that ww had a divine right to be in the LL just disappointed that we went so quick when other teams more comparable to the size of ww will be punching above their weight for a few more seasons to come and will benefit from the financial gains it brings. 

I just hope we can get spectators back very soon as many clubs not just ww will struggle from this awful period of history. 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

This is a bit sad reading this page today!

Tranent are a good side and are going to take a few goals off a number of teams this season.

Heritage has nothing to do with whether a team should be relegated or not. No team has a devine right to expect to stay in the Lowland or indeed the Premier league! Look at Linlithgow. 10 years ago they were probably best supported and most successful Junior team in Scotland, perhaps for the exception of Pollok! Now, they are not even favourites for promotion from the Premier league. 

It is a shame to hear fans fighting among themselves on this forum. When Musselburgh Athletic visited Ferguson Park and practically all were taken with the welcome we received from the guys and girl at entrance to ground, food shop and the bar! Time is now to get behind your side and hope they don’t get relegated again this season.

Genuinely wish your club all the best for rest of season! 

If you look at our stats pal you will see why there is worries...no-one connected  with ww is nieve about money,standings etc, but our recird on the pitch is truly appalling and in football,results are the be all and end all...

1 hour ago, magoo said:

If you look at our stats pal you will see why there is worries...no-one connected  with ww is nieve about money,standings etc, but our recird on the pitch is truly appalling and in football,results are the be all and end all...

I have no doubt you have worries and why other WW supporters will also have worries! Any club losing 5 out of 5 is a huge concern! 

Six clubs though, are separated by 3pts. Yip I know that teams around have played less, but WW are not adrift at the bottom of the league.

In 1st 11 league matches, last season, Burgh got 6pts, winning 2 and losing 9. We were bottom of the league at one point.  No one was sacked, Burgh improved and were in top half of league when it finished early and we won a cup and a shield, getting in to the Scottish Cup this year! 

That is why I don’t think all is lost! WW could do a Musselburgh and improve? I know that WW could also toil. My hope is the former! Good luck!! 

36 minutes ago, Carnethie Street said:

Next up it’s Broxburn away 

Let us pray 

🕯 

Howay man Casey had us giving it a positive spin last night. :unsure:

Anything from today a bonus.

Let's concentrate on the bottom 6 or 7 teams where maximum points is now a must.

Nae pressure likes :whistle

On 31/10/2020 at 08:44, newcastle broon said:

Howay man Casey had us giving it a positive spin last night. :unsure:

Anything from today a bonus.

Let's concentrate on the bottom 6 or 7 teams where maximum points is now a must.

Nae pressure likes :whistle

Going to quietly step away now and see how things unfold! 😔

MontheWelfare! 

3 years of absolute pish results.. 3 relegations in 3 years technically.. any queeries or questions gets met with universal clichés about, youth, give them time etc...an absolute shitshow