Whitehill welfare 2019/20

When was this confirmed if you don’t mind me asking? I’m surprised that the league have over ruled sfa guidance.
Yeah, us too, but given the fudge around professional/non professional to allow us to play not overly. [emoji846]

We clarified prior to our first fixture at Haddington as we had a 17 year old in the starting lineup (had started all our pre season games as well) and 2 others in the squad.

As it turned out, we had to leave them out anyway that day (plus 2 others) due to a positive Covid test at 07:30 in the morning who they'd been in contact with, but he's played in both games since and in the group again today and the others been involved as well.

On 24/10/2020 at 08:59, Carnethie Street said:

it would be good to know the rules. 

We got thrown out the cup last season could do with out a points deduction. Especially when we’ve no got any 

Don't let the committee see you posting stuff like this..you will get in deep water...

Club is a shambles 

On a tough night in Tranent, a disastrous first half proved costly as Whitehill shipped five goals without reply. Injuries to experienced duo, Darren McGlashan and Steven Thomson, in the first half compounded a miserable 45 minutes.

Half Time: Tranent Juniors 5 Whitehill Welfare 0

On-loan signing, Liall Smith, grabbed a consolation on his debut early in the second half, only for Tranent to restore their five-goal advantage soon after. Louis Maguire picked up a red card after the game for something he said to the referee.

Full Time: Tranent Juniors 6 Whitehill Welfare 1

6 hours ago, Carnethie Street said:

Club is a shambles 

On a tough night in Tranent, a disastrous first half proved costly as Whitehill shipped five goals without reply. Injuries to experienced duo, Darren McGlashan and Steven Thomson, in the first half compounded a miserable 45 minutes.

On-loan signing, Liall Smith, grabbed a consolation on his debut early in the second half, only for Tranent to restore their five-goal advantage soon after. Louis Maguire picked up a red card after the game for something he said to the referee.

You at the game then? 

Haven't seen any report about the injuries or the sending off.

Another red card ?

Discipline amongst other things seems  to be an issue at the minute.

Not really much else can add. 

15 hours ago, Carnethie Street said:

Club is a shambles 

Do you know what is a shambles? You’re comment.

From the outside looking in the guys on the committee have done a cracking job the past season or two, granted results haven’t been great, this season they’re only 4-5 games in, still early.

off the park the club, like many others are working in difficult situations with no fans through the gates, I assume the social club will also be closed which would be additional revenue.

the current committee have also done what previous committees haven’t done, and in my opinion should have been done years ago and actually fitted floodlights at Ferguson park. I seen the effort that was put into the fundraising for that. There are some on this forum that said give them 10 seasons and there would be no floodlights. Job done! 

by getting the floodlights that secured the sfa license therefore meaning entry to the Scottish cup, don’t see much credit for that.

I also seen their plea for additional committee members and volunteers, they’re obviously toiling in that respect. If you feel they are that much of a shambles carnethie street, step up and be counted, get yourself on the committee and help improve the club.

2 hours ago, 19052012 said:

From the outside looking in the guys on the committee have done a cracking job the past season or two, granted results haven’t been great, this season they’re only 4-5 games in, still early.

off the park the club, like many others are working in difficult situations with no fans through the gates, I assume the social club will also be closed which would be additional revenue.

the current committee have also done what previous committees haven’t done, and in my opinion should have been done years ago and actually fitted floodlights at Ferguson park. I seen the effort that was put into the fundraising for that. There are some on this forum that said give them 10 seasons and there would be no floodlights. Job done! 

by getting the floodlights that secured the sfa license therefore meaning entry to the Scottish cup, don’t see much credit for that.

I also seen their plea for additional committee members and volunteers, they’re obviously toiling in that respect. If you feel they are that much of a shambles carnethie street, step up and be counted, get yourself on the committee and help improve the club.

5 games in this season what about last season as well then?

Saved by covid or we be 2 leagues below Strollers Gala the unis Gretna etc teams we could and should always be able to compete wi. Big changes in LL but I expected us to be one of the few originals to be relegated,not one of the 1st.  

The LL has its advantages guaranteeing Scots Cup place no struggling in prelims. 

What are you getting at with committees? 

There were guys there wi decades of experience who may be getting older but their input was an important part to the club.

I get the floodlight fundraisers and fair play deserving credit there but can you tell me where or who on here said it would take 10 years? 

Oh and social media says otherwise about not getting any credit. 

By getting relegated from LL we now have to fight our way through prelims where as I've stated above we could easily be competing wi them teams.

Money potentially lost there.

The social club closes now virtually after a final whistle,and a Sunday yes looking for volunteers but there is a veteran of ww,a  guy well known to many in the EoS who's struggling with his health these days who would never have seen this happen. A lot of money lost there. 

We can all blame covid,committees etc but end of day should never have been relegated from the LL especially wi its perks. 

A club like ww wi its heritage should not be struggling for volunteers and if I didn't live as far away its certainly something I'd be considering to help out.

Now let's all  rally round and sort the team this season or its gonnae be another disaster!!

Edited by newcastle broon

2 hours ago, 19052012 said:

I also seen their plea for additional committee members and volunteers, they’re obviously toiling in that respect. If you feel they are that much of a shambles carnethie street, step up and be counted, get yourself on the committee and help improve the 

Will a couple of new committee members improve an absolute horrific run on the pitch...

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

5 games in this season what about last season as well then?

Saved by covid or we be 2 leagues below Strollers Gala the unis Gretna etc teams we could and should always be able to compete wi. Big changes in LL but I expected us to be one of the few originals to be relegated,not one of the 1st.  

The LL has its advantages guaranteeing Scots Cup place no struggling in prelims. 

What are you getting at with committees? 

There were guys there wi decades of experience who may be getting older but their input was an important part to the club.

I get the floodlight fundraisers and fair play deserving credit there but can you tell me where or who on here said it would take 10 years? 

Oh and social media says otherwise about not getting any credit. 

By getting relegated from LL we now have to fight our way through prelims where as I've stated above we could easily be competing wi them teams.

The social club closes now virtually after a final whistle,and a Sunday yes looking for volunteers but there is a veteran of ww,a  guy well known to many in the EoS who's struggling with his health these days who would never have seen this happen. A lot of money lost there. 

We can all blame covid,committees etc but end of day should never have been relegated from the LL especially wi its perks. 

A club like ww wi its heritage should not be struggling for volunteers and if I didn't live as far away its certainly something I'd be considering to help out.

Now let's all  rally round and sort the team this season or its gonnae be another disaster!!

I agree last season was poor, being honest, since hislop and Bingham left in my opinion the manager choices have been poor.

the likes of strollers, gala, vale, they will all be relegated in the next few seasons that’s a cert, they don’t have the resources to stay in the LL, and neither do WW. You could also argue that all those teams don’t have the resources to compete with the likes of Tranent, hill o beath, etc, all good clubs with big support, unlike WW, vale etc

im not getting at anything with committees, the guy said the club was a shambles, that falls to the manager and committee, I’m simply offering a little support to the small committee that are in place at the moment.

I agree previous committees have done well that’s shown with the trophies, the club, the changing rooms etc, but I felt they were left a wee bit behind in recent years with the introduction of social media etc

i also WW should not have been relegated from LL after the Selkirk debacle.

I don’t live local so I don’t know much about the social club opening hours or previous committee members you are referring to so I can’t comment on that

I agree clubs followers and supporters should be rallying round especially in the current circumstances even though it’s difficult when we can’t get to games

5 minutes ago, magoo said:

Will a couple of new committee members improve an absolute horrific run on the pitch...

I don’t know magoo, they might have fresh eyes, different contacts within the game, know of players who could improve the team, I haven’t a clue. 

Chuck your name in the hat and find out 👍

3 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

I don’t know magoo, they might have fresh eyes, different contacts within the game, know of players who could improve the team, I haven’t a clue. 

Chuck your name in the hat and find out 👍

I've never been in a committee in my life ir have any real desire too..any work or financial input has been done by me being a supporter of the club, i am hiwer a football fan and the football team appear to be in a disappointing place, for quite a period as well

26 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

I agree last season was poor, being honest, since hislop and Bingham left in my opinion the manager choices have been poor.

the likes of strollers, gala, vale, they will all be relegated in the next few seasons that’s a cert, they don’t have the resources to stay in the LL, and neither do WW. You could also argue that all those teams don’t have the resources to compete with the likes of Tranent, hill o beath, etc, all good clubs with big support, unlike WW, vale etc

im not getting at anything with committees, the guy said the club was a shambles, that falls to the manager and committee, I’m simply offering a little support to the small committee that are in place at the moment.

I agree previous committees have done well that’s shown with the trophies, the club, the changing rooms etc, but I felt they were left a wee bit behind in recent years with the introduction of social media etc

i also WW should not have been relegated from LL after the Selkirk debacle.

I don’t live local so I don’t know much about the social club opening hours or previous committee members you are referring to so I can’t comment on that

I agree clubs followers and supporters should be rallying round especially in the current circumstances even though it’s difficult when we can’t get to games

My point is these clubs are still in the LL and as long as it's one doon will be for the foreseeable. We have lost fortunes getting relegated and doesn't matter about the Selkirk scenario. Results were nae good enough.

Anybody who knows anything about ww and you seem to know quite a bit will know exactly who I'm referring to. 

Aye its pissin me right off not getting to games at minute.

Edit: As far as i recall the social media at ww has been excellent for a number of years now as well. Disappointing to read theres an advertisement for media manager. 

Edited by newcastle broon

6 hours ago, 19052012 said:

The statement that nobody got credit for the floodlights is up there with one of the biggest lies i have ever seen on here...

3 hours ago, 19052012 said:

“Don’t live local” . Aye right.

Left behind with social media? Anybody will tell you that WW had probably the best respected media person in the east of Scotland between 2010 and 2018. On top of the daily Pusbook and Twitface updates, and match reports on the WW website and Midlothian Advertiser, his match programme came 2nd out of 51 in the whole country. But certain individuals didn’t want him at the club so now he’s doing the same job elsewhere.

On 29/10/2020 at 16:03, Carnethie Street said:

Club is a shambles 

This is a bit sad reading this page today!

Tranent are a good side and are going to take a few goals off a number of teams this season.

Heritage has nothing to do with whether a team should be relegated or not. No team has a devine right to expect to stay in the Lowland or indeed the Premier league! Look at Linlithgow. 10 years ago they were probably best supported and most successful Junior team in Scotland, perhaps for the exception of Pollok! Now, they are not even favourites for promotion from the Premier league. 

It is a shame to hear fans fighting among themselves on this forum. When Musselburgh Athletic visited Ferguson Park and practically all were taken with the welcome we received from the guys and girl at entrance to ground, food shop and the bar! Time is now to get behind your side and hope they don’t get relegated again this season.

Genuinely wish your club all the best for rest of season!