Whitehill welfare 2019/20

1 hour ago, Carnethie Street said:

9 first team players and 6 under 17s from the toon but at least being told team now.

From £30k budgets to this but win and clean sheet last night v Junior side something +   

As far as I know there were 7 first team players unavailable through injury and other commitments. I don’t know what the issue is.

I would imagine the that’s why the under 20s team has been brought back into play this season, to develop them and make the step up to the first team. I don’t know what being from the toon has to do with things either, if they are good enough does it matter where they come from? By all accounts the you g guys have performed well in the games they have played

it’s not the 90s/00’s anymore, success is not an automatic right for WW like it used to be 👍

2 hours ago, oldandround said:

Sam capes in goal. Former u15 Scottish cap and Scottish cup winner.
Pleased he’s playing 1st team at 17/18? but a bit surprised it’s at Whitehill.

I know this is rude sorry 🥴

Why is it rude on a ww fans page ? 

I take it you think he should be playing at a higher level ? 

We had a former scottish cap u15 or 16 outfield player on loan for us from a league club a few seasons ago and hes had about 4 or 5 clubs and now playing in league below us I'm led to believe. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't 🤔

9 hours ago, Carnethie Street said:

9 first team players and 6 under 17s from the toon but at least being told team now.

From £30k budgets to this but win and clean sheet last night v Junior side something +   

Where can I find out about 30k budgets please ? 

Not saying you're wrong it's just not the type of thing that the fans or the public get to find out about.

Edited by newcastle broon

On 30/09/2020 at 09:25, 19052012 said:

it’s not the 90s/00’s anymore, success is not an automatic right for WW like it used to be 👍

WW of course started life as a Juvenile side with many many good young players. 

They even reached the last 4 of the SFA Youth Cup in the late 80s around the time when a well known poster on here was controversially benched in his younger days. :D 

More recently under Mike Lawson, when East of Scotland League and South Challenge Cup holders, an U21s side was established in 2013-14. Funnily enough a prominent player from that side signed for Dunbar United yesterday. 

WW were one of the 8 founder members of the U20s Development in 2014-15 and through a formal link up with Edinburgh South helped to produce players that are now playing at clubs all over.

They should be thriving from the fruits of this in the Lowland League as opposed to scrambling to put a proper relegation fight up in the division below but they are where they are.

Edited by Crow

2 hours ago, Crow said:

WW of course started life as a Juvenile side with many many good young players. 

They even reached the last 4 of the SFA Youth Cup in the late 80s around the time when a well known poster on here was controversially benched in his younger days. :D 

More recently under Mike Lawson, when East of Scotland League and South Challenge Cup holders, an U21s side was established in 2013-14. Funnily enough a prominent player from that side signed for Dunbar United yesterday. 

WW were one of the 8 founder members of the U20s Development in 2014-15 and through a formal link up with Edinburgh South helped to produce players that are now playing at clubs all over.

They should be thriving from the fruits of this in the Lowland League as opposed to scrambling to put a proper relegation fight up in the division below but they are where they are.

Money talks..no matter how many players produced that is the reality 

What you did forty or fifty years ago is not a big lot of help now Crow. Lot of other teams have got Under 21 teams and all. Dont think the Welfare get big crowds and Roswell not a big place neither. Welfare had the Scottish cup to bring in players and all but Cookie and Star and the Belters all got the same now. Bad luck for the Welfare that landed last in Lowland.

50 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

What you did forty or fifty years ago is not a big lot of help now Crow. Lot of other teams have got Under 21 teams and all. Dont think the Welfare get big crowds and Roswell not a big place neither. Welfare had the Scottish cup to bring in players and all but Cookie and Star and the Belters all got the same now. Bad luck for the Welfare that landed last in Lowland.

Not going to disagree B O. 

2 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

Bad luck for the Welfare that landed last in Lowland.

Probably feels more like someone putting a hex on them that season than just bad luck.

The worse league performance in over a decade coincided with Selkirk going bust. Leading to the farce over whether 15th meant relegation or not hanging over their heads most of the season.

Only for the one SPFL Play-off scenario to take place that would have meant relegation regardless.

On 30/09/2020 at 17:05, newcastle broon said:

Where can I find out about 30k budgets please ? 

Not saying you're wrong it's just not the type of thing that the fans or the public get to find out about.

Think Benni McCarthy was on 29000 + squad of 20 x £50.

5 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

Yes with no disrespect there are teams in the LL ww were well above for years and imo still  should be above but we should never have got into that position to get relegated in the 1st place but thats fitba. 

I'm a realist and cant see us being near the LL again in the near future but would've liked a few more seasons than what we had. 

That's my biggest disappointment. 

18 hours ago, Carnethie Street said:

he is still on the website but not seen him in any of the team lines that have been made posted on here 

Shawn Murray, daryl Devlin and scott wright were announced but have now been taken of have they left? 

Lough is on bench today I've no idea about other 3.