Whitehill welfare 2019/20

On 20/01/2020 at 20:18, newcastle broon said:

Davie, in the photo, was there on Saturday with former manager Jackie Smyth. Always nice to see former players/managers at Rosewell. 

Just a pity Elgin were non league back then as Albion Rovers remain ww s only league scalp in the Scottish Cup. 

Surprised at that statistic-WW has some really good teams in the 80’s.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

On this day 24 years ago long before today's glory hunters came along :lol:

WW were my wee team back then, no team in Penicuik at the time so went for the other local maroon team, 8 year old Jambo logic 🤷‍♂️😂

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

WW were my wee team back then, no team in Penicuik at the time so went for the other local maroon team, 8 year old Jambo logic 🤷‍♂️😂

You must be a hell of a lot older than you look! 🙂 Must be all that healthy West Lothian air you breathe in! 

41 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You must be a hell of a lot older than you look! 🙂 Must be all that healthy West Lothian air you breathe in! 

Aww thanks! No many have said that, even made my missus laugh! Usually it’s the “tough paper round” abuse I get 🤷‍♂️😂

13 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Aww thanks! No many have said that, even made my missus laugh! Usually it’s the “tough paper round” abuse I get 🤷‍♂️😂

Haha, when I read that, I thought who the hell was I speaking to at Blackburn!! 🙂 

Funny as well that at 8, you had a ‘wee’ team!!

My big (and only) team now is Musselburgh! 

13 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Haha, when I read that, I thought who the hell was I speaking to at Blackburn!! 🙂 

Funny as well that at 8, you had a ‘wee’ team!!

My big (and only) team now is Musselburgh! 

Yeah, even at that age I realised how sh!te it was being a Hearts fan, still had all the tops, posters, etc. but only because that’s how I was brought/dragged up 😂

Doesn't help I moved around a lot when I was younger or my main TEAM would probably have been WW, loved going to Rosewell but never really get the chance now

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Yeah, even at that age I realised how sh!te it was being a Hearts fan, still had all the tops, posters, etc. but only because that’s how I was brought/dragged up 😂

Doesn't help I moved around a lot when I was younger or my main TEAM would probably have been WW, loved going to Rosewell but never really get the chance now

Was there for first time a couple of weeks ago. Past it many a time before, but that was prior to starting watching Musselburgh so never ventured inside. Really liked the set up, good seating areas. Pitch a bit bumpy, but I’d always go for a park like that as opposed to 3G. I appreciate why clubs go for this and I am sure Musselburgh will change over in the future, but grass is best!!

13 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Pitch a bit bumpy, but I’d always go for a park like that as opposed to 3G.

The pitch is terrible tbf!

I’d usually disagree with you, I like a good 3/4G surface for a number of reasons but after seeing the (recently renewed) pitch at Fauldhouse this season and how it’s managed anything that’s been thrown at it with no hassle at all, it is possible to have a good, consistent grass pitch too.

Something WW really need to look at once they’ve finished paying for these lights!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to welcoming you guys to NCP on the 18th.  Havn't seen you play since our first meeting last season at your place.

Results look to have picked up a bit in the last few weeks for you.  Always liked Janczyck at the Rose and Swanson was a thorn in our side in the EOS so some familiar faces to us.

45 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Looking forward to welcoming you guys to NCP on the 18th.  Havn't seen you play since our first meeting last season at your place.

Results look to have picked up a bit in the last few weeks for you.  Always liked Janczyck at the Rose and Swanson was a thorn in our side in the EOS so some familiar faces to us.

Covering yer tracks from the Kelty Hill o Beath semi you've predicted I see :P:thumsup2

It'll be a tough ask on us for sure but it's no coincidence our results have improved since Swanson signed,though to be fair the games we haven't won and from what I've seen I'd say it's only Dunbar where we deserved nothing. 

Ye never know in this game,yous might be distracted by the pressures of trying to win the league and you've had a few cup shocks since turning senior. 

Heres hoping 🙄

Mon the welfarrrrre!! 

54 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Covering yer tracks from the Kelty Hill o Beath semi you've predicted I see :P:thumsup2

It'll be a tough ask on us for sure but it's no coincidence our results have improved since Swanson signed,though to be fair the games we haven't won and from what I've seen I'd say it's only Dunbar where we deserved nothing. 

Ye never know in this game,yous might be distracted by the pressures of trying to win the league and you've had a few cup shocks since turning senior. 

Heres hoping 🙄

Mon the welfarrrrre!! 

We have tended to be poor in the Scottish and a couple of other outings.  Won a few too though so not all bad!

I think the word "if" is invisible in this forum for many posters Newky! 🤣

Edited by leomessi1984

54 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Heres hoping 🙄

Mon the welfarrrrre!! 

If you beat Bo'ness no worries travelling to NCP! 😄

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

We have tended to be poor in the Scottish and a couple of other outings.  Won a few too though so not all bad!

I think the word "if" is invisible in this forum for many posters Newky! 🤣

😂

Was more thinking the shock of taking yous to extra time last time we met yous in this cup 😂

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Heres hoping 🙄

Unfortunately for you Kelty don't have a game the following Saturday - it falls in the first midweek of a free fortnight for them (they and Gala brought their game up to week past Saturday) so with 11 days until their next game v Bonnyrigg there may be less pressure to rest anyone.

I fostered similar 2 hopes in the previous round but they blew us away despite rotating various players. "Anything possible" though and they're previously been stung by LTHV, Spartans, Threave, 'Shire, etc.