Whitehill welfare 2019/20

7 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Not knocking the floodlights and will save work as well with only the corners having to be dugout. 

I actually found it hard to write any notes down, particularly in 2nd half as I was disappointed in a number of aspects of the match with regards to Musselburgh.

i talked to no Burgh supporter at end of match who thought that the game was going to end in a win for us! Before Mathu’s equaliser, I couldn’t believe that we hadn’t brought on a third sub who could try and change match in our favour!  Also, after the debacle of Whitehill’s goal, it was good that Paul redeemed himself with the double save.

Your number 11, Swanson was best player in first half. Luckily for Burgh, he went off the boil in 2nd half.

You have to keep the faith in your team for remainder of season. Still a long way to go and still 7 teams involved in relegation fight! On the day, any team can beat each other, and I genuinely hope Whitehill get a result next week.

Swanson took a knock I think that's why he was subbed. Like you say was a threat to ye.I also thought Wayne sproule was a threat too but he got subbed as well. 2 influential players for ww especially the way the game was going this afternoon. 

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Many clubs have recently installed lighting with only 4 pylons. That's the set-up at Dalbeattie, Selkirk (abortive tbf), Bonnyrigg, Civil Service, Linlithgow's new system, and others previously.

Cheers HJ

Haven’t been at Linlithgow or Bonnyrigg in past year. Just going by the three upcoming grounds where installations are/will take place.

Many clubs have recently installed lighting with only 4 pylons. That's the set-up at Dalbeattie, Selkirk (abortive tbf), Bonnyrigg, Civil Service, Linlithgow's new system, and others previously.

Not been to Bonnyrigg since they went up but strollers is a six pylon set up I think

16 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Swanson took a knock I think that's why he was subbed. Like you say was a threat to ye.I also thought Wayne sproule was a threat too but he got subbed as well. 2 influential players for ww especially the way the game was going this afternoon. 

Not sure what the mallo gets out of continually pressing the negative button, but his life must by so shallow! We all have issues, I maybe more than most, but this childish marking does my wee head in! 

Stick in Whitehill! Still a lot to play for, for the remainder of this season. Burgh lucky to come away with the win, though I am glad we did! But we are still in the mix of seven clubs fighting to stay in this division for next season, as are Whitehill! 

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Without being in the know would it not be better the pylons being further in the pitch rather than the corners say in line with the 18 yrd box..then your getting a bettet spread of light..im sure the enclosure could have a few lights installed on top of it which would be a relatively easy task that would also improve lux levels..im sure the contractor will know best...one if my concerns regarding floodlights was never auctully thevplaying feilds it was the surrounding area to Ferguson pk as its more or less pitch dark all round..lots of positives and some real hard work from the committee in recent times but unfortunately we are staring down the barrel of a doible relegation which at any level of football is brutal...the mindset needs to change on the pitch so things seem desperate..u find when teams run out of games and it becomes last chance saloon they throw everything at matches...ive a feeling that games are just gonna slip away and before we reslise it there will be very few left to dig ourselves out....

Was at the Rose game yesterday, and a couple of other times. 4 pylons x 4 lamps. Seen other clubs with 6 pylons x 3 lamps, or even 8 x2. Was at Nitten v WW and Penicuik v WW a couple of weeks back but cannae remember what setup they were but I felt Bonnyrigg's were brighter. Somebody was telling me there's a choice of 2 qualities of lamp. Whitehill are going for the dearer lamp which lasts much longer but costs about £1k per lamp 😱

When you look at the table you keep thinking if WW can win even one of their games in hand they'd go up about 4 places, but it just never happens - they need to stop the games at 80 mins.

IMG_3589.thumb.jpg.3c627cbf20a637e0bc35bbee5e749df1.jpg

Didn't look great for The Burgh until it all turned around yesterday but it was a great, reallly enoyable day.

Thinking back to  a few years ago and I always kind of had a belief that it didn't really matter if we ever played at Whitehill, they had their league and we had ours.  Big part of it being a great day yesterday was that the Welfare are a great wee club and a pleasure to visit.

Thanks for the welcome and all the best for the rest of the season.

Apart from when y'all come down to Olivebank!

On 19/01/2020 at 19:17, The Mantis said:

Somebody was telling me there's a choice of 2 qualities of lamp. Whitehill are going for the dearer lamp which lasts much longer but costs about £1k per lamp 😱

"Somebody else" has informed me that "somebody" was telling me a load of pish. The £1k lamps were in the original quote from a couple of years back.
Happy days.

ww7scan_0005.thumb.jpg.42dfefe14c17bb9f5a7fba0420078352.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

"Somebody else" has informed me that "somebody" was telling me a load of pish. The £1k lamps were in the original quote from a couple of years back.
Happy days.

ww7scan_0005.thumb.jpg.42dfefe14c17bb9f5a7fba0420078352.jpg

Davie, in the photo, was there on Saturday with former manager Jackie Smyth. Always nice to see former players/managers at Rosewell. 

Just a pity Elgin were non league back then as Albion Rovers remain ww s only league scalp in the Scottish Cup. 

On 20/01/2020 at 20:18, newcastle broon said:

Davie, in the photo, was there on Saturday with former manager Jackie Smyth. Always nice to see former players/managers at Rosewell. 

Just a pity Elgin were non league back then as Albion Rovers remain ww s only league scalp in the Scottish Cup. 

He was there with his son, Blair, his father-in-law, Ian & Jackie. I told him about the game and as a Musselburgh native and WW Legend he was well up for it. 

On 18/01/2020 at 21:22, Casey Jones said:

Not knocking the floodlights and will save work as well with only the corners having to be dugout. 

I actually found it hard to write any notes down, particularly in 2nd half as I was disappointed in a number of aspects of the match with regards to Musselburgh.

i talked to no Burgh supporter at end of match who thought that the game was going to end in a win for us! Before Mathu’s equaliser, I couldn’t believe that we hadn’t brought on a third sub who could try and change match in our favour!  Also, after the debacle of Whitehill’s goal, it was good that Paul redeemed himself with the double save.

Your number 11, Swanson was best player in first half. Luckily for Burgh, he went off the boil in 2nd half.

You have to keep the faith in your team for remainder of season. Still a long way to go and still 7 teams involved in relegation fight! On the day, any team can beat each other, and I genuinely hope Whitehill get a result next week.

😀 Football continues to be a mystery!!

Last week, you go back to your dressing room wondering how Whitehill didn’t get anything from the Musselburgh match.

Seven days later, Whitehill away to league leaders and go back to Rosewell with all three points and a move away from bottom position.

1 minute ago, Passthebaw said:

Coupon buster! 

After last week's heartbreak, what a pick-me-up that is. Well done WW!

Win for Whitehill moves them out of bottom 3 for first time since??

Crossgates loss last night means a 7-team fight to avoid relegation. I fear for a Nitten, who are on a dreadful run at moment.