Whitehill welfare 2019/20

A reminder that Whitehill Welfare FC legends will be hosting a team of Heart of Midlothian FC legends at Ferguson Park on Sunday 29 September at Ferguson Park in Rosewell. Kick off 2pm

entry is £5 kids go free. All funds will be going directly to the floodlights fund.

hope to see many of you there

• 2 weeks later...

Today was a fixture where Whitehill needed to pick up 3 points and give themselves a little breathing space.

There's still a long way to go, but at this early stage it's looking like another long season in Rosewell.

12 hours ago, surely not! said:

Good few of the welfare posters are active on other threads but it’s almost like they don’t want to come on this one for fear of having to think about the team.

Who are the posters on other threads SN ? 

We've had a lot of posters over the years who just disappear almost as if they're players that have left the club 🙄

11 hours ago, gogsy said:

Four defeats in six league games but three of them have been by one goal.

Agree Gogsy but games I've seen we're struggling for goals. Wasnt there yesterday, I believe it was a pen we scored but last week Broxburn I think we had 2 shots all game and they were nearer the corner flags  ? 

It's a fantastic league where everybody will take points of each other,as I pointed out last week on another thread Sauchie have been among the goals and had some unlucky results. 

We could just as easily go there next week and get a result. 

Then again............

Mon the welfarrrrre!!!!

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I remember someone saying they had concerns about installing floodlights due to the additional cost of having to dig up a road to get them connected power wise. Going the portable route like Camelon might well be the solution to that.

Permission now granted FWF check oot the website mon the welfarrrrre!!! These guys have worked above and beyond ❤👏

Slightly bizarrely this planning permission story actually makes today's paper in Scottish news section :unsure2:.

Under the headline "Lights off at 9:30pm, football team told" it says that a standard switch off time of 10pm had been requested - which is normal with floodlighting applications tbf - but "local authority planners have given them the go ahead on condition the lights are switched-off by 9:30pm".

In practice it should make little difference: as being relegated into EOSL evening games start at 7:30pm and finish about 9:20pm, whereas in LL games start at 7:45pm. Cup-ties would be trickier. Sometimes permission includes an "except in exceptional circumstances" allowance, too.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Slightly bizarrely this planning permission story actually makes today's paper in Scottish news section :unsure2:.

Under the headline "Lights off at 9:30pm, football team told" it says that a standard switch off time of 10pm had been requested - which is normal with floodlighting applications tbf - but "local authority planners have given them the go ahead on condition the lights are switched-off by 9:30pm".

In practice it should make little difference: as being relegated into EOSL evening games start at 7:30pm and finish about 9:20pm, whereas in LL games start at 7:45pm. Cup-ties would be trickier. Sometimes permission includes an "except in exceptional circumstances" allowance, too.

I'm sure this was said of another club as well that recently installed floodlights.

Or maybe it was an u20s side that had games abandoned last year?

• 2 weeks later...

We may not be doing too well on the park but off it 3k raised today towards the lights fund. Now standing at over 16k. Well done all involved 👏

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/tales-of-the-edinburgh-derby-2480842.html

Edited by newcastle broon