Whitehill welfare 2019/20

53 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Why was Darryl in goals?! Looks like there was a keeper on the bench too :blink:

One gk not fit and other had late call off for personal reasons. 

The lad done well when asked the question but was never really troubled.

A dominant display from ww. 

Edited by newcastle broon

20 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

One gk not fit and other had late call off for personal reasons. 

The lad done well when asked the question but was never really troubled.

A dominant display from ww. 

A win is all that mattered Newky  hope we have a full squad available for Saturday though 

4 hours ago, magoo said:

Under the carpet, ??  Muir amd fraude away im told, 2 decent players

Did Muir play a game ? Froode scored plenty pre season surprised if he has left ,not surprised McQueeny gone not easy with a big squad and no game time , few more to follow I would guess , on a positive note can't wait to make Saturday as long as ma shifts don't change again 

6 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Who’s under the carpet now ? 

4 hours ago, magoo said:

Under the carpet, ??  Muir amd fraude away im told, 2 decent players

3 hours ago, kleptomaniac said:

Ryan McQueenie on his way to Dunbar - I'm hearing

When you've a squad of (I think) 23 players theres always gonnae be casualties. Canny please everybody especially when theres nae 20s team to get match fit so its inevitable its gonnae happen. 

On 20/08/2019 at 17:48, newcastle broon said:

When you've a squad of (I think) 23 players theres always gonnae be casualties. Canny please everybody especially when theres nae 20s team to get match fit so its inevitable its gonnae happen. 

Not seen anything on players leaving so hopefully Muir and Frood are still there , if a make it ill see but regardless am  hoping for a win tomorrow 

2 hours ago, WELFARENEWMAN said:

Not seen anything on players leaving so hopefully Muir and Frood are still there , if a make it ill see but regardless am  hoping for a win tomorrow 

Think there away, dissapointed, could do with 3 points tommorow big time, i geniunlyforget the last 3 points 

Bit unlucky today. Lost a goal early but were still well in game when got deserved equaliser. We seemed to  run out of steam last 15 mins though and Camelon snatched the points late on. More worrying was we lost 3 players to injury in the 1st half so the forced early changes meant we couldn't really tactically take control of the game. Hopefully the lads make speedy recoveries in time for the massive Scottish Cup game next week or the big squad is starting to be severely depleted. 

@WELFARENEWMAN no sign of Froude or Muir today.  

League table doesn't lie but I'm still confident of climbing it,we are defo not playing like a side bottom of the league.

Good to speak to the elderly Camelon faithful before/during ht and after the game. A decent bunch who love their fitba. 

Onto next week mon the welfarrrrre!!!!!

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Bit unlucky today. Lost a goal early but were still well in game when got deserved equaliser. We seemed to  run out of steam last 15 mins though and Camelon snatched the points late on. More worrying was we lost 3 players to injury in the 1st half so the forced early changes meant we couldn't really tactically take control of the game. Hopefully the lads make speedy recoveries in time for the massive Scottish Cup game next week or the big squad is starting to be severely depleted. 

@WELFARENEWMAN no sign of Froude or Muir today.  

League table doesn't lie but I'm still confident of climbing it,we are defo not playing like a side bottom of the league.

Good to speak to the elderly Camelon faithful before/during ht and after the game. A decent bunch who love their fitba. 

Onto next week mon the welfarrrrre!!!!!

NB - that’s cause their team were winning 😁. When they are getting beat, it there were a whingers league, they would be at top of table! 

11 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Enjoyed my first visit today to Whitehills park great setting and genuine friendly people good club 

Its been like that for 40 years ( give or take a few during 90 mins) bit unlucky yesterday im led to believe, the clear difference between this year and last  is this year the team are much better, so no panic yet but hard fast points are of the utmost need.....

13 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Enjoyed my first visit today to Whitehills park great setting and genuine friendly people good club 

2 hours ago, magoo said:

Its been like that for 40 years ( give or take a few during 90 mins) bit unlucky yesterday im led to believe, the clear difference between this year and last  is this year the team are much better, so no panic yet but hard fast points are of the utmost need.....

Next visit will be my 150th. My first was a cup tie in Jan 1986 v Stenny, lost 3-2. A game that had everything, hailstones, pishing rain, wind, an ambulance called after somebody broke his leg. Always been a great place to visit, a fortress under Mickey Lawson and Davie Smith in the 90s, but atm just a great place for visiting teams 😢

Whitehill looked very good when I saw them at Tranent so surprising to find them bottom - 1 game postponed and 1 cancelled hasn't helped although Penicuik and HoB would have been strong opponents. Forthcoming spell:

Penicuik (H) - Scottish Cup PR2
Newtongrange (H)
Hill of Beath (A) - South Challenge Cup R2
Broxburn (A)
Sauchie (H)
Crossgates (A)
Dundonald (A)
Blackburn (H)

perhaps looks less formidable on the league front.