Whitehill welfare 2019/20

On the previous page they had us 16/5 midweek v tranent,dont think we're as shite as they're making out. 
Obviously your favourites tomorrow but youre at 2/5 Id like to think and hope we're closer matched than that.

Think the bookies may have been correct or maybe should have been shorter

25 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Think the bookies may have been correct or maybe should have been shorter

Confidence booster for yersels. only 1  at ht. We gave you brief problems and probably too much respect  whereas I felt we couldve took something from yous if we got in aboot ye more.2nd half procession.A lot of fit lads in yer team whereas after the 2nd went in we well beaten and legs had gone. captain gk  🙈🙈🙈 How many errors for yer goals though dearie dearie me it's a long way hame !!! 

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Confidence booster for yersels. only 1  at ht. We gave you brief problems and probably too much respect  whereas I felt we couldve took something from yous if we got in aboot ye more.2nd half procession.A lot of fit lads in yer team whereas after the 2nd went in we well beaten and legs had gone. captain gk  🙈🙈🙈 How many errors for yer goals though dearie dearie me it's a long way hame !!! 

From the highlights all goals were soft or errors hopefully all in 1 game though 

Hope a bad 45mins doesn't derail what has been a positive start from the new management and players,  i will reserve judgement for a good few weeks before making rash opinions, just dissapoint the manner of the defeat but hopefully move on towards more competitive performances....

Hoor o an opening 3 fixtures for WW. Would have been no surprise to take 0 from 9. In fact the 3 opponents are sitting in the top 3 already.

Instead the Penicuik game was off and a decent performance and a bonus point at Tranent. 1 point from 6 and a chance to progress on Saturday. 

Edited by The Mantis

45 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Hoor o an opening 3 fixtures for WW. Would have been no surprise to take 0 from 9. In fact the 3 opponents are sitting in the top 3 already.

Instead the Penicuik game was off and a decent performance and a bonus point at Tranent. 1 point from 6 and a chance to progress on Saturday. 

That's a good point mantis. 

Lithgy better team yesterday but it was our own errors that proved costly. 

• 2 weeks later...

CHANGE OF VENUE

Sunday’s match moved to New Tinto Park

Following discussions with Colville Park and the SFA, Sunday’s Scottish Cup First Preliminary Round tie has been moved to New Tinto Park, home of Benburb FC, in Glasgow.

Given the recent rainfall and Blantyre Vics using KG Stadium on Saturday, it was felt that there was a real risk of another postponement, which everyone is keen to avoid.

Kick off remains the same at 2pm, with the bus leaving Ferguson Park at 11:15 sharp. Can everyone who had booked a space on the bus last week let us know as soon as possible if they are needing one this week please.

Good Luck on Sunday for the Welfare 

Manager has some decent comments here and accurate on the game as well ,best game ive seen devs play and ross was excellent at the back as well 

Manager gives his thoughts on draw with Tranent

“It was great to finally get our season under way last night and what a cracking game to kick it off with too. First of all, we must give credit to all the guys at Tranent. It’s a great set up at Foresters Park and the pitch is looking terrific.

With our game on Saturday postponed, I took the opportunity to watch Tranent play Newtongrange, so I knew we were in for a tough game. Tranent have many tidy players who are good at keeping the ball, so we asked our players to let them keep the ball as much as they like, as long as they did it in front of us.

Unfortunately in the first half the plan didn’t work. Tranent got far too much time down our right hand side, something that ultimately cost us two points. I’m so frustrated with myself for waiting till half time before I made the tactical change. Had I done it when we were 2-0 up, we would have won the game. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I apologised to the players after the game as those dropped points were my fault.

Once we made the tactical change at half time, we looked much more comfortable in the second half. Defensively we looked solid and Tranent didn’t trouble us at all meaning big Yossie had nothing to do.

There were many positives to take from the game, non-more than the effort and fighting spirit shown by the team. Lesser men would have felt sorry for themselves having given up a two goal lead and would have ended up losing the game. However, it was us that should have won the game right at the end, but unfortunately our goal at the death was ruled offside, which was very frustrating.

I’d like to give special mention to Daryl Devlin and Kevin Keane. Both of them were excellent for the whole game and Dev’s finish for our third was right out the top drawer. They have set the standard for themselves and the rest of the lads going forward.

It’s onward to Linlithgow this weekend and hopefully my new found knowledge of my players and team after this game will stand us in good stead moving forward.”

Updated 10:59 - 1 Aug 2019 by James Stout  

Managers view on Lithgi game ?

2 minutes ago, edthebaw said:

Managers view on Lithgi game ?

Manager reflects on defeat to Linlithgow

“As far as bad days at the office go, yesterday was right up there. Linlithgow is not the place to be when you choose to have an off day because their team is full of players that will punish every mistake you make and we certainly made plenty.

It’s a difficult game to talk about without being negative or overly critical of the team’s performance, or more to the point, individual performances and quite frankly, I don’t want to be negative.

Is a defeat away to Linlithgow the end of the world? Certainly not. There won’t be many teams coming away from Linlithgow this season with points.

In the first half, I thought we competed well, both before and after we lost the first goal. As the first half drew to a close I actually felt we were getting stronger and coming more into the game.

Speaking at half time, I emphasised just how important the next goal would be and, unfortunately for us, it was Linlithgow that extended their lead, shortly followed by two more. The third goal seemed to suck the life out of us and player’s heads went down, and after that Linlithgow had a field day.

I’m not going to dwell on this result. Sometimes these things happen in football, just look at the Celtic v St Johnstone score yesterday as well. Hopefully the players learn from it and it makes them better players.

Next week we start again, clean slates for everyone, as we get our Scottish Cup campaign off and running.”

We finally have a game to look forward to and hopefully get the chance to put the Lithgy nightmare behind us.

Must admit to being a bit nervous having to play the Scottish amateur champions as I'm ignorant as to the standards of the amateur game in Scotland. However upon reading the amateur thread it appears they have lost a lot of their cup winning team along wi their manager  ? 

So it looks like a completely new Colville team v a completely new ww team.

I'm a wee bit more confident now mon the welfarrrrre!!!!

Screenshot_20190817-235333_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190817-235303_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190817-235245_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

And an outfielder keeping a cleansheet in goal!

Yes bizarre finished 4 0 unfortunately there was no way they were national champions, a wins a win though and delighted to be through. Massive game and would expect massive crowd v Penicuik week on Saturday for place in 1st round proper. Mon the welfarrrrre!!

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes bizarre finished 4 0 unfortunately there was no way they were national champions, a wins a win though and delighted to be through. Massive game and would expect massive crowd v Penicuik week on Saturday for place in 1st round proper. Mon the welfarrrrre!!

Think it is a whole new team from last season.

Completely new team from last year newky. 9 or 10 went to darvel with the coaching staff. Still a good result. Hopefully you get get by next week into 1st round proper.

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think it is a whole new team from last season.

Aye it was I had a spy at the amateur forum last night. I hope they can carry on. Its difficult at any level running a fitba team,hopefully wee bit money in their account after today.