Whitehill welfare 2019/20

31 minutes ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Stuttered? Five wins from seven with the only two defeats against two of the favourites for the Lowland League.

1 hour ago, marcelo said:

I honestly think whitehill will turn Penicuik over tomorrow, Penicuik have stuttered pre season whitehill up at rosewell will be well up for it

That doesnt reflect the general thoughts of most Whitehill fans, we just want a side that on there day can give most teams a good game, pre season has been positive but the opening  fixtures are very difficult, mon the welfare

10 hours ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Stuttered? Five wins from seven with the only two defeats against two of the favourites for the Lowland League.

Yes stuttered beaten by ek beat the worst team in the lowland league by a goal hammered by kelty and beat a poor Whitburn side 3-2 

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

I’m still recovering from the Musselburgh game at the end of last season! That was almost some stutter... 🙈😂

ICT playing Sunday so probably head along to the San Fergie assuming it's on, still pishing doon. Decent pre season for WW, many friendlies against Cuikie over the years but this is where the talking stops 😂

11 hours ago, Spyro said:

I’m still recovering from the Musselburgh game at the end of last season! That was almost some stutter... 🙈😂

Sending off changed the completion of the match, with Penicuik getting the draw which won them the league! From the Burgh point of view, it was a good comeback after twice being humped by Penicuik earlier in the season.

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

It's been a while should we no bother turning up tonight 🤔🙄😂

Screenshot_20190731-151339_Chrome.jpg

They’ve got it doon as a 9.30pm kick off Newky get the floodlights pot lumped on the result at full time :lol:

Manager has some decent comments here and accurate on the game as well ,best game ive seen devs play and ross was excellent at the back as well 

Manager gives his thoughts on draw with Tranent

“It was great to finally get our season under way last night and what a cracking game to kick it off with too. First of all, we must give credit to all the guys at Tranent. It’s a great set up at Foresters Park and the pitch is looking terrific.

With our game on Saturday postponed, I took the opportunity to watch Tranent play Newtongrange, so I knew we were in for a tough game. Tranent have many tidy players who are good at keeping the ball, so we asked our players to let them keep the ball as much as they like, as long as they did it in front of us.

Unfortunately in the first half the plan didn’t work. Tranent got far too much time down our right hand side, something that ultimately cost us two points. I’m so frustrated with myself for waiting till half time before I made the tactical change. Had I done it when we were 2-0 up, we would have won the game. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I apologised to the players after the game as those dropped points were my fault.

Once we made the tactical change at half time, we looked much more comfortable in the second half. Defensively we looked solid and Tranent didn’t trouble us at all meaning big Yossie had nothing to do.

There were many positives to take from the game, non-more than the effort and fighting spirit shown by the team. Lesser men would have felt sorry for themselves having given up a two goal lead and would have ended up losing the game. However, it was us that should have won the game right at the end, but unfortunately our goal at the death was ruled offside, which was very frustrating.

I’d like to give special mention to Daryl Devlin and Kevin Keane. Both of them were excellent for the whole game and Dev’s finish for our third was right out the top drawer. They have set the standard for themselves and the rest of the lads going forward.

It’s onward to Linlithgow this weekend and hopefully my new found knowledge of my players and team after this game will stand us in good stead moving forward.”

Updated 10:59 - 1 Aug 2019 by James Stout

27 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

What do you think the odds should be for tomorrow?

On the previous page they had us 16/5 midweek v tranent,dont think we're as shite as they're making out. 

Obviously your favourites tomorrow but youre at 2/5 Id like to think and hope we're closer matched than that.

Bookies odds at this level intrigue me.

They have Rose as huge favourites, so anyone sane would say that the next most likely event would be a draw and that’s the longest odds of the three! [emoji2371]

Non league games in scotland produce draws in about 1 in 6 games. Just take a look at the various league tables for the last few season.

The books adjusted percentages around this phenomenon.

The key to making any money on 5/1+ the draw is working out over the years the scenarios where the draw is more likely.

I gave up !

Bookies odds at this level intrigue me.

They have Rose as huge favourites, so anyone sane would say that the next most likely event would be a draw and that’s the longest odds of the three! [emoji2371]
It's the same with all football coupons.

There are teams mug punters include irrespective of form or opponents due to being a perceived 'Big Team' to boost their returns...!!

So bookies hedge their bets with shite odds.