Whitehill welfare 2019/20

COLVILLE PARK ? never heard of them ?

Club is from Motherwell. Been the strongest amateur team in Scotland past few years winning 3 of the last 4 amateur cups & winning the Central Scottish Amateur Football Lesgue four times in a row. The manager behind the sucess has left for Darvel Juniors with numerous players joining him at Darvel or other junior clubs so they won't be as strong as they were so I'd say Whitehill should be able to see them off.

38 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Club is from Motherwell. Been the strongest amateur team in Scotland past few years winning 3 of the last 4 amateur cups & winning the Central Scottish Amateur Football Lesgue four times in a row. The manager behind the sucess has left for Darvel Juniors with numerous players joining him at Darvel or other junior clubs so they won't be as strong as they were so I'd say Whitehill should be able to see them off.

Having seen the players that have left Colville they will not ba as strong as last year but will still have 3 or 4 boys that will be stand outs.  Will be a close game.

4 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Having seen the players that have left Colville they will not ba as strong as last year but will still have 3 or 4 boys that will be stand outs.  Will be a close game.

Is that based on the Whitehill of this season or last 

I made a half hearted joke the other night about Whitehill scoring more goals already this ore season than the whole 0f last season, I'm thinking it may not be a joke now....

1 hour ago, magoo said:

Is that based on the Whitehill of this season or last 

I've not seen WW since last season but rate a couple of new players, Janczyk & Lough etc. Colvile have had the likes of Nick Phinn playing over recent seasons and still a few near that level there. Think it will be tight.

I made a half hearted joke the other night about Whitehill scoring more goals already this ore season than the whole 0f last season, I'm thinking it may not be a joke now....

Seem to have played a lot of games in pre season. They not been able to find somewhere to train? [emoji23][emoji23]

V - easthouses

Very easy 5-1 victory 

Lilly very very very poor and apart from their scrambled goal didnt bother the stand in keeper ,,,,,,,

Welfare took the chance to rest a lot and play the rest , none really stood out apart from Froud up front , some looked way out their depth sadly

but its all about sorting out the starting 11 , probs be on Saturday for that if all available as some seemingly still injured or on hols 

its getting there though

11 hours ago, surely not! said:

Seem to have played a lot of games in pre season. They not been able to find somewhere to train? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

If you were a player would you rather play or train  ? 

More to the point wi the squad hes assembled all players need to be given a chance to state their claim doon for starting regular I'd say. 🤔

34 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If you were a player would you rather play or train  ? 

More to the point wi the squad hes assembled all players need to be given a chance to state their claim doon for starting regular I'd say. 🤔

Exactly , all players need time to give them and the manager the chance to either get in or in some cases be moved on

its all about moulding the squad and then the starting 11 with at least 7 others for cover  no body expects welfare to run a squad of 24 as it wont happen , 

players need to / want to play end off  some are definite starters some are definitely not , thats the managers job to sort out

9 hours ago, WELFARENEWMAN said:

V - easthouses

Very easy 5-1 victory 

Lilly very very very poor and apart from their scrambled goal didnt bother the stand in keeper ,,,,,,,

Welfare took the chance to rest a lot and play the rest , none really stood out apart from Froud up front , some looked way out their depth sadly

but its all about sorting out the starting 11 , probs be on Saturday for that if all available as some seemingly still injured or on hols 

its getting there though

Very poor lily team , fantastic set up and hats off to them for all. The hard work put in - Fyn Connor I thought had a great first half, Yanni strolled it - 2 CB very comfortable - looking much better 

44 minutes ago, WELFARENEWMAN said:

Saturday season starts for real and what better than home to Penicuik 

Should be a great day on and off the pitch n=but lets hope for home win to get the season rolling 

prediction 3-2 for Welfare

No predictions here, tough season ahead in a tough league but one thing I'm convinced is we now have a team that can at least compete on the park.

The last 2 seasons have been a very grim watch.

History season in the making and the committee now have a nice dilemma as to how many pies to get in the oven or keep seats in the bar for the travelling hordes making the short distance over from Penicuik.  😂

Mon the welfarrrrre!!!