Whitehill welfare 2019/20

1 hour ago, WELFARENEWMAN said:

rab do you think there would be that sort of support for the 20s to finance that ?

Absolutely Newman there are clubs out  there with barely 2 bolts to rub together running them self sufficiently. 

Agree with all that Rab has said...

Losing the 20s is a shocker and it doesn't cost much as the player pay subs for the pitches, refs etc and the odd 20s race night that has been done most years generates more money which would cover bus for away games, balls, cones, bibs (but only fuel is paid for as i beleive the bus was kindly donated by Lasswade High School when a game was outside Edinburgh at least that was the case when they played up at Lasswade), they get hand me down match and training kits so again no funding.

Whitehill now for next year will need to try and locate a 17s or 19s team and try draft them over into Whitehill 20s which is easier said than done especially with no link to any youth clubs now the Edinburgh South link has gone.

This will come back to bite on the backside around the 2nd half of the season when players who arent getting minutes have left and injuries/suspensions kick in then theirs no 20s to call upon to help with the matchday squad. 

Wonder if Meikle had any say in it as he isnt a big fan of giving young laddies a chance maybe he's happy to keep paying older more expereinced players out his own pocket.

Edited by Krul and The Gang

26 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

Losing the 20s is a shocker and it doesn't cost much as the player pay subs for the pitches, refs etc and the odd 20s race night that has been done most years generates more money which would cover bus for away games, balls, cones, bibs (but only fuel is paid for as i beleive the bus was kindly donated by Lasswade High School when a game was outside Edinburgh at least that was the case when they played up at Lasswade), they get hand me down match and training kits so again no funding.

Whitehill now for next year will need to try and locate a 17s or 19s team and try draft them over into Whitehill 20s which is easier said than done especially with no link to any youth clubs now the Edinburgh South link has gone.

This will come back to bite on the backside around the 2nd half of the season when players who arent getting minutes have left and injuries/suspensions kick in then theirs no 20s to call upon to help with the matchday squad. 

Wonder if Meikle had any say in it as he isnt a big fan of giving young laddies a chance maybe he's happy to keep paying older more expereinced players out his own pocket.

Penicuick seemed to manage setting a team up from scratch ?

5 minutes ago, magoo said:

Penicuick seemed to manage setting a team up from scratch ?

Did i say it cant be done ? No, i just said its not an easy job 👍 Whitehill next season will have to try recruit and compete against Bonnyrigg, Peni, Civil, Edin Utd, Preston, Edin City, Spartans, Hutchie, Tynie who will all be established 20s teams or start a new one from scrach with no youth team below it will be very difficult, as if i was a 17 year old laddie I'd rather join an estabished team than a new team from scratch 

Dont think having a 20s team is a must, nice but not a major problem as seemingly barely 2 players qualify for the 20s 

although im sure older players can drop down to play as well so this would have been good to keep those not playing match fit 

end of day the Manager will be judged as all are on results so he will need to have his main 11 and other 6 or 7 sorted asap as Welfare have a very hard start and are in a very difficult league to be rotating players for the sake of it

i for 1 am looking forward to this season didnt see many decent games last season so i cant wait ,

13 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

Did i say it cant be done ? No, i just said its not an easy job 👍 Whitehill next season will have to try recruit and compete against Bonnyrigg, Peni, Civil, Edin Utd, Preston, Edin City, Spartans, Hutchie, Tynie who will all be established 20s teams or start a new one from scrach with no youth team below it will be very difficult, as if i was a 17 year old laddie I'd rather join an estabished team than a new team from scratch 

Well considering that this year the 20s struggle to attract players, your theory of players wanting to join established ckubs rather than new clubs doesn't really stand up in my opioion 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Off the top o my heed 2 Dowie and Connor. 

How many make the breakthrough at your club  ?

Ross Mutch, Keri MacAulay, Owen Andrew in first team. Liam Woods knocking on the door. Alex Chingwalu signed for Gala Fairydean Rovers from Kelty 20’s.

5 minutes ago, magoo said:

Well considering that this year the 20s struggle to attract players, your theory of players wanting to join established ckubs rather than new clubs doesn't really stand up in my opioion 

Thee didn't as was said before Kenny Aitchison had players coming in and when he left he took them all to Civil as it was obviuolsy boys he knows and the forms weren't officialy put through when Whitehill announced the new 20s players 😊 and obviously the timing of Kenny jacking it then most players at 20s had found their clubs they were signing for this season.... Should never have appointed Kenny in the first place wouldnt trust him as far as i can throw him and has previous of being a dafty at other clubs

32 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

Never knew Lasswade High provided a bus,dont think many ww fans know this so you've obviously been given information to stir it up a bit. 

They have a 17s team from the statement it didnt say they were taking time oot. 

Whilst I think the link up t of hundreds of kids at Edin South was a good idea how many Edin South laddies actually made it to the 1st team  ? 

Dont know of Meikles interest either so you are clearly trying to stir up some shit here! 

As I've already said let's wait and see as to whether the 20s are back again next season. 

Theres many clubs without a youth team why stick the knife into ww when theres 5 figure floodlight money to be found  ? 

11 minutes ago, WELFARENEWMAN said:

Dont think having a 20s team is a must, nice but not a major problem as seemingly barely 2 players qualify for the 20s 

Don’t let the 2 currently in the squad skew things Newman as last years side struggled. Unfortunately the likes of Brad Barrett, Ciaran McKenzie, Ross Jardine etc who stepped up from the previous year have all left. 

16 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Don’t let the 2 currently in the squad skew things Newman as last years side struggled. Unfortunately the likes of Brad Barrett, Ciaran McKenzie, Ross Jardine etc who stepped up from the previous year have all left. 

Exactly, having a 20s team does not gaurentee a path to 1st team, in fact in this age loyalty means very little

4 minutes ago, magoo said:

Exactly, having a 20s team does not gaurentee a path to 1st team, in fact in this age loyalty means very little

It certainly doesn’t if you don’t get it right and player loyalty is stretched if you have 4 different 1st team managers in 10 months. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

13 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

It certainly doesn’t if you don’t get it right and player loyalty is stretched if you have 4 different 1st team managers in 10 months. 

Calmer waters now,the last one walked to Berwick but has helped around the park preseason Rab, ship seems to have been steadied a bit.

Give the new lads a chance. 

Edited by newcastle broon

37 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Backed up with players who it was Crystal clear not lowland league standard

There is no discussion from my point about Whitehills focus, a competing team and floodlights, floodlights have never really been part of the plan in there history most notibly because the village location and a park that suffers during the winter, now we have to get them things have changed significantly, I'm the first to call out committee etc but they seem to be addressing this as best they can and secondly look to have got a management team together with players who hopefully look a lot better than last year, losing the 20s is a blow, but it's nowhere near priority for the next few seasons, anyone saying different is nit picking imo,

Edited by magoo

End of the day saying its to focus on Floodlights and other parts of the ground is just a cover up for a shambolic appointment in Aitchison (takes alot of doing to get worse than Sandisson but they somehow managed that, both these guys have ruined one of the founding members of the 20s development league and its a real shame), if he never walked do you think they would of pulled the plug on the 20s ? No its only been pulled cause kenny walked and took his players with him leaving the 20s with next to no players and unable to attract players as all good players will have been snapped up by other 20s

20 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

End of the day saying its to focus on Floodlights and other parts of the ground is just a cover up for a shambolic appointment in Aitchison (takes alot of doing to get worse than Sandisson but they somehow managed that, both these guys have ruined one of the founding members of the 20s development league and its a real shame), if he never walked do you think they would of pulled the plug on the 20s ? No its only been pulled cause kenny walked and took his players with him leaving the 20s with next to no players and unable to attract players as all good players will have been snapped up by other 20s

Indeed that will be 1 of various reasons, if individuals wish to leave the club and in.doing so take others with them then there's little anyone can do, the 20s won't be a great loss in my eye's but that's my own thoughts, shame the usual suspects were not as quick posting on Sunday night about the positivity surrounding the club at the weekend, as they are about negitive news, some things will never change