Whitehill welfare 2019/20

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Popped out to see Rosslyn chapel today with ma 2 laddies,afterwards popped across the glen to my 1st visit to Ferguson park.

The main gates were open so we popped in for a look.

Good set up and very well looked after ground too,I can see why the social club is a winner.

Midlothian council have went a bit daft wae the speed bumps thru the village though!!

Will head out to take in a game next season.

Would have been a laugh a year or two back, you'd have got chased by a gentleman with a spade 😂

On 04/07/2019 at 09:57, newcastle broon said:

Just an opinion that's all. 

I was at that gave v Spartans at Ainslie Park from what I remember he fell landing on his shoulder. I imagine it could have been worse landing on a 3G surface with little give rather than natural grass which may have given a softer landing.

47 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was at that gave v Spartans at Ainslie Park from what I remember he fell landing on his shoulder. I imagine it could have been worse landing on a 3G surface with little give rather than natural grass which may have given a softer landing.

Case rested Cowden 👍

10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I'm no expert on such things just an opinion but it would have been a hard landing just a carpet on top of tar really.

3G surfaces have a layer of shock absorbent foam installed underneath the entire surface. I think it was actually the rolls of this that were set alight in the fire at Bo'ness Utd recently.

1 minute ago, PastyMan said:

3G surfaces have a layer of shock absorbent foam installed underneath the entire surface. I think it was actually the rolls of this that were set alight in the fire at Bo'ness Utd recently.

Aye I knew they had the bit in between but I imagine it would be more solid still than landing on natural grass. As I mentioned last night no expert on the subject just an opinion.

Your right thats what was set on fire at Bo'ness.

There's plenty give in a 3g with the rubber infill and foam shockpad underneath. That's why they play rugby on the surface.

Whitehill 2-1 Hearts x1.

Fitbas back and a new look ww beat a youthful Hearts team with 2 cracking free kicks from new signing Lough in front of an impressive crowd of 372.

Might get a crowd like that a few times this season.

Mon the welfarrrrre!!!! 

Positive start for the new management by all accounts yesterday, more experience in there with a scattering of young talent, no one can really say at this point what the league will settle like but I will be surprised  if Whitehill have a campaign anything like last year, let the season commence

2 hours ago, Thekeeper said:

liked the look of whitehill on saturday hope to see them so well again

Very early days and cant compare pre season kick arounds but certainly done well over the weekend. A few missing as well.Written off by most and hopefully sneaking under a few radars. 👍