Whitehill welfare 2019/20

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 05:34, newcastle broon said:

Didn't realise we were now in the prelims for the Scottish Cup 🙈

That's a major blow,the Joy's of relegation and the new structure I suppose. 🙄

HFL clubs be status quo in the Scottish though,surely that's no right  ? 

Unfortunately everyone outside SPFL/HL/LL have to play the preliminaries.

By rights you should receive the PR1 bye, but for some reason it's allocated randomly, not by finishing position.

On 29/06/2019 at 05:34, newcastle broon said:

Screenshot_20190629-054134_Drive.jpg

Is there prize money at stake in the prelims

On 29/06/2019 at 05:34, newcastle broon said:

Screenshot_20190629-054134_Drive.jpg

SHFL clubs are tier 5,you guys are tier 6 that's why your in the prelims broon.

You'll be praying to draw a big gun like the "Valley Crew DVFC" if you get thru 😘

Just now, Whitburn Vale said:

SHFL clubs are tier 5,you guys are tier 6 that's why your in the prelims broon.

You'll be praying to draw a big gun like the "Valley Crew DVFC" if you get thru 😘

Aye already was explained but how many clubs from the Highlands will actually be in the prelim round  ?

This is where yer pyramid is failing, far too many teams south of the boundary,the north are getting it easy at the minute though it was pointed out I believe from the pyramid thread that this is being looked into. 

56 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye already was explained but how many clubs from the Highlands will actually be in the prelim round  ?

This is where yer pyramid is failing, far too many teams south of the boundary,the north are getting it easy at the minute though it was pointed out I believe from the pyramid thread that this is being looked into. 

Only Golspie and Banks O'dee will enter the preliminary rounds for North of Tay Bridge boundary.

NCL champions should have an entry like the SOS and EOS non-licensed champions do. As far as I'm concerned.

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Only Golspie and Banks O'dee will enter the preliminary rounds for North of Tay Bridge boundary.

NCL champions should have an entry like the SOS and EOS non-licensed champions do. As far as I'm concerned.

That's my point bottom HFL will always be 1st round whereas LL relegated club(s) get penalised by playing maybes 2 prelims to even get there. And theres gonnae be even more prelims if the west clubs eventually come across ? 

That just is nae right imo ? 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Lochee as well.

13 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lochee as well.

Forgot about them

35 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

That's my point bottom HFL will always be 1st round whereas LL relegated club(s) get penalised by playing maybes 2 prelims to even get there. And theres gonnae be even more prelims if the west clubs eventually come across ? 

Until this season there were only 14? Members outwith Tier 5 + qualifiers. The difference wasn't that extreme. That's why there might be some reformatting to come.

Now and then I still don't have a problem with Tier 5 clubs being treated as equal to each other regardless of geography.

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Forgot about them

Until this season there were only 14? Members outwith Tier 5 + qualifiers. The difference wasn't that extreme. That's why there might be some reformatting to come.

Now and then I still don't have a problem with Tier 5 clubs being treated as equal to each other regardless of geography.

This season there are 23 licensed clubs outside the top 5 tiers & 4 qualifiers. The amount of licensed clubs is bound to go up considerably in the next few years, especially if the west does come on board in the pyramid. The structure worked fine with just a handful of licensed clubs outside the top 5 tiers, but it will now need to be looked at.

In my opinion, it makes sense to let all Championship clubs start in round 3 and all HL/LL clubs in round 1. This would leave 27 spots in round 1 for "lower" clubs. Also, to the "qualifiers" I'd add a spot for the North Caledonian League. I don't see why they are left without a chance to qualify while the juniors & amateurs do get a chance. I'd add the NCL cup winners so Lewis & Harris and Shetland have a chance to qualify, to make it a truly national cup. Some clubs will have to start in the preliminary round & some will start in the 1st round. Due to the amount of clubs in their area, I think it's fair enough to give byes on sporting merit to the highest placed clubs in the EOS Premier Legue & West Premiership (the latter obviously only if the west indeed moves over as one block).

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

...NCL champions should have an entry like the SOS and EOS non-licensed champions do. As far as I'm concerned.

Guess they would need to actually join the pyramid first. Do any NCL clubs actually want to progress if they won promotion? I suspect that's the main stumbling block. The NCL has a strange status when you look into it. It's basically a Highland League reserve league for NoSFA clubs that stopped being a reserve league because all the HL reserve teams dropped out but still is treated as if it were one.

30 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Guess they would need to actually join the pyramid first. Do any NCL clubs actually want to progress if they won promotion? I suspect that's the main stumbling block. The NCL has a strange status when you look into it. It's basically a Highland League reserve league for NoSFA clubs that stopped being a reserve league because all the HL reserve teams dropped out but still is treated as if it were one.

They voted in favour of the pyramid back at their 2018 agm just like the juniors. They'll be up to 10 teams again this season, so I don't see any harm in it.

You are penalised for being relegated into tier 6. Berwick are in the exact same boat they come in a round earlier in the Scottish Cup for being relegated from tier 4.

The HFL can't really do anything about creating a tier 6 in their region when there is no appetite for it.

You also get £2k prize money for each round of the prelim rounds. Win through to round 1 and you've already banked £4k plus the £3/4k you'll get for participating in round 1.

24 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The HFL can't really do anything about creating a tier 6 in their region when there is no appetite for it.

No they canny but you canny deny they're sitting there quite comfy knowing fine well they're guaranteed a round 1 slot and the money to go wi it at present. 

As has been said in previous posts this will need looked at as many more clubs are expected to join from the south  ? 

Doesn't seem right  ? 

No they canny but you canny deny they're sitting there quite comfy knowing fine well they're guaranteed a round 1 slot and the money to go wi it at present. 

As has been said in previous posts this will need looked at as many more clubs are expected to join from the south  ? 

Doesn't seem right  ? 

The LL has 16 clubs entering at round 1 and the HL 17 clubs. I'm not really sure what is unfair about that?

The rest of the clubs in below that in either the LL or HL region come in during the prelims. I would expect the likes of Banks of Dee would lose their license if they continue to avoid joining the pyramid setup.

If you start basing it on the number of clubs in each region then surely you would need to apply that to all promotion and relegation throughout the leagues and other cups too.

44 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The LL has 16 clubs entering at round 1 and the HL 17 clubs. I'm not really sure what is unfair about that?

There you go that's no a pyramid then,until something is done about tier 5 relegation and yes theres naewhere to go in the north  then the HFL clubs are defo at an advantage  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

There you go that's no a pyramid then,until something is done about tier 5 relegation and yes theres naewhere to go in the north  then the HFL clubs are defo at an advantage  ?

It's a format, not a literal pyramid. It has to end somewhere.

The North stops at tier 5 just now.

The West stops at tier 6  with the SoS

The East stops at tier 7.

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You still banging on about this Broony :lol: