Whitehill welfare 2019/20

When all said and done we were fken honking last year, last 6 weeks was just our parting bit of drama, bonnyrigg and Kelty are cracking additions to the league, I may be a Whitehill man but I'm also a football man and teams like that will always progress to a higher level giving time, in the current climate I'd be surprised  if Whitehill can compete at the top end of Theses  leagues so when the season gets started I think everyone may realise that replacing fixtures against the university's vale dalbeattie bsc Colts etc ( no disrespect to those teams)  with games against penicuick tranent nitten musselburgh will be both better financially and a breath of fresh air to the club, I couldn't tell you the last time we had a good derby match, just my own opioions 

Edited by magoo

30 minutes ago, magoo said:

When all said and done we were fken honking last year, last 6 weeks was just our parting bit of drama, bonnyrigg and Kelty are cracking additions to the league, I may be a Whitehill man but I'm also a football man and teams like that will always progress to a higher level giving time, in the current climate I'd be surprised  if Whitehill can compete at the top end of Theses  leagues so when the season gets started I think everyone may realise that replacing fixtures against the university's vale dalbeattie bsc Colts etc ( no disrespect to those teams)  with games against penicuick tranent nitten musselburgh will be both better financially and a breath of fresh air to the club, I couldn't tell you the last time we had a good derby match, just my own opioions 

Lots of new teams for you guys to visit. Have you played any of them competitively before?

27 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lots of new teams for you guys to visit. Have you played any of them competitively before?

Boness have put us oot the Scottish before. 

Apart from friendlies you might have to go back to the 50s or Rosewell Rosedale days for a competitive fixture I'd imagine. 

My one and only visit to Ferguson Park was for a Scottish Cup tie against Stenhousemuir in (I think) early to mid 90's, looking forward to going back and hopefully doesn't clash with the handful of Saturdays during the season I can't make it,.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

This tweet makes pretty clear that they have been told yes, I stand corrected!

Finally confirmed the end of an era :(. Sh*te like that above would be better saved for a promotion but at least it’s just about the right colour. 

Hopefully the club can steady itself in the Premier Division next season. 

Absolutely gutted for everyone involved with Whitehill Welfare. It’s been a tough season on the park, but in truth I doubt anyone could have imagined the level of incompetence demonstrated by the SFA. Hopefully we’ll see you back where you belong very soon. Good luck guys.

Tragic for Whitehill to have endured approaching 2 months of uncertainty and tension, but at least it's over now. You've dropped into an appealing league with lots of big-name clubs and plenty local derbies. Indeed the EOS League has altered beyond recognition while you've been away.

Worth noting that "you" i.e. Bonnyrigg/Whitehill received a bye in EOS League Cup R1 drawn last week. You travel to Hawick RAU in R2 on Saturday 7th March 2020.

Good luck to Whitehill in the EOS next season. Its such a shame that this has dragged on so long and that the outcome is unfortunately you guys being relegated. The EOS league will be tough but like post above plenty of derby games and most grounds within easy commute unlike Gretna, Dalbeattie etc!!!

But good luck guys hope you bounce back and join us in the LL after next season assuming we dont get relegated!!!!

I've said on here before that WW deserve to get relegated based on this season. IMO, the discussion should now be about whether Bonnyrigg or Penicuik would be LL next season as I think that in the case of no licensed champion, the runners up should get promotion (or a PO against the SOS champions, but none of the top 3 in the SOS are licensed and I think top 3 should be the cut off). Obviously it happens more often that teams get reprieved. If another Selkirk situation happens with a different club, but they go out of business before the season starts, it could be a last minute reprieve as well with WW suddenly being bumped back up whilst preparing for the EOS.
A club getting liquidated, resulting in a club suddenly playing higher than expected, is generally outside the control of both the league and the SFA. Take Dundee in 2012, due to Rangers' liquidation they were at a late stage bumped up to the SPL whilst preparing for the Championship. They went straight back down, arguably because they didn't have time to prepare for the SPL. However, the current situation is completely different and is purely down to the SFA's own incompetence. As opposed to situations around a liquidation, this situation was entirely preventable. Because of that, it's completely understandable that WW feel aggrieved and they are right to complain about the whole shambles.
All true. But worth noting that WW weren't relegated because Selkirk went bust. They were relegated because a licensed club emerged from the EoS/SoS AND Berwick came down AND no LL club was promoted. If any one of those isn't the case, WW stay up.

1 hour ago, roseyposey1 said:

Good luck to Whitehill in the EOS next season. Its such a shame that this has dragged on so long and that the outcome is unfortunately you guys being relegated. The EOS league will be tough but like post above plenty of derby games and most grounds within easy commute unlike Gretna, Dalbeattie etc!!!

But good luck guys hope you bounce back and join us in the LL after next season assuming we dont get relegated!!!!

Aye watch oot for Dalbeattie or Gretna on a Wednesday night in middle o winter at 7.45. :whistle

Great wee clubs but its pants if midweek. 

55 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye watch oot for Dalbeattie or Gretna on a Wednesday night in middle o winter at 7.45. :whistle

Great wee clubs but its pants if midweek. 

Tbf during the 6yr in LL Whitehill only once visited Gretna midweek in a rearranged game, not on Wednesday or in winter; and Dalbeattie twice in rearranged games, both Wednesdays but neither in winter ;) :P.

At least you won't need to whine about not getting down to Gala on a Saturday any more 8) :lol:.

Edited by HibeeJibee

32 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

During your 6yr in LL you only once visited Gretna midweek in a rearranged game, not on Wednesday or in winter; and Dalbeattie twice in rearranged games, both Wednesdays but neither in winter ;) :P.

At least you won't need to whine about not getting down to Gala on a Saturday any more 8) :lol:.

He's not allowed to say that a trip from bonnyrigg to dalbeattie in a wed night in winter could be hard work ??