Whitehill welfare 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Any chance of a lift over to Qatar ? 

Sure, I'll take the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, then over to Morocco and via Algeria, Lybia, Egypt, Gaza, Israel, the West Bank, Jordan, Syria and Saudi Arabia to Qatar

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

Sure, I'll take the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, then over to Morocco and via Algeria, Lybia, Egypt, Gaza, Israel, the West Bank, Jordan, Syria and Saudi Arabia to Qatar

Superb. I’m happy to split the fuel :lol:. Will we be back for the Boxing Day fixture ? 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

Superb. I’m happy to split the fuel :lol:. Will we back for the Boxing Day fixture ? 

You will be back by Boxing Day. Whether it's in a coffin or alive remains to be seen. ;)

1 hour ago, magoo said:

How would this be acceptable at any level of sport

You got relegated under the rules of the competition when Berwick lost the playoff regardless of whether Selkirk were there or not.  Your club should be proceeding on the basis of it being EoS next season unless told otherwise. Now that Bonnyrigg have a functional set of lights there should only be one outcome where this season is concerned and I seriously doubt it would be getting dragged out this long if any other outcome was likely.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You got relegated under the rules of the competition when Berwick lost the playoff regardless of whether Selkirk were there or not.  Your club should be proceeding on the basis of it being EoS next season unless told otherwise. Now that Bonnyrigg have a functional set of lights there should only be one outcome where this season is concerned and I seriously doubt it would be getting dragged out this long if any other outcome was likely.

That might be the case but the the SFA still need to tell people whether it's happening or not. 

Why has it not been confirmed then !!!!!!!!!!!! rather than make a cnt of it all leaving 2 clubs in limbo  ,,

also at the deadline Rose were not licensed and still arent so how is that welfares fault 

18 minutes ago, stingyjag said:

Why has it not been confirmed then !!!!!!!!!!!! rather than make a cnt of it all leaving 2 clubs in limbo  ,,

They have to go through the whole process of doing what it takes to get Bonnyrigg licensed because the LL Board agreed to provide a waiver (as they have the power to do in the LL constitution) to EoS licensing applicants to give the SFA time to get it done rather than sticking to the original March 31st deadline. The SFA Board meeting next week will no doubt be the culmination of that one way or the other. Should result in Bonnyrigg's promotion but there seemed to be some question from Bonnyrigg posters last night as to whether the date that licensing kicks in for them will happen in time. Suspect no news this week points to good news from their standpoint. We'll find out soon enough.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

40 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

That might be the case but the the SFA still need to tell people whether it's happening or not. 

20 minutes ago, stingyjag said:

Hes never been ww s biggest fan.

Relegation shouldve been confirmed in MAY when Berwick came doon but it hasn't or wasn't 

I'm sure the committee at ww are prepared for whatever league we're in. 

I await with interest but will be raging if we go doon now. 

17 team LL not in rules according to ginaro but feckn hell are there any rules  ??

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I've said on here before that WW deserve to get relegated based on this season. IMO, the discussion should now be about whether Bonnyrigg or Penicuik would be LL next season as I think that in the case of no licensed champion, the runners up should get promotion (or a PO against the SOS champions, but none of the top 3 in the SOS are licensed and I think top 3 should be the cut off). Obviously it happens more often that teams get reprieved. If another Selkirk situation happens with a different club, but they go out of business before the season starts, it could be a last minute reprieve as well with WW suddenly being bumped back up whilst preparing for the EOS.

A club getting liquidated, resulting in a club suddenly playing higher than expected, is generally outside the control of both the league and the SFA. Take Dundee in 2012, due to Rangers' liquidation they were at a late stage bumped up to the SPL whilst preparing for the Championship. They went straight back down, arguably because they didn't have time to prepare for the SPL. However, the current situation is completely different and is purely down to the SFA's own incompetence. As opposed to situations around a liquidation, this situation was entirely preventable. Because of that, it's completely understandable that WW feel aggrieved and they are right to complain about the whole shambles.