Whitehill welfare 2019/20

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Scenes as WW finish 14th but lose their licence at the end of the season.

Couple of halogen pir lights on the dug outs will get us thro....relax

1 minute ago, SFRool said:

Are WW still being relegated or have they missed it due to no teams being promoted, not seen any info in this 

My understanding is that a team can only be relegated if the eos winners are licensed.

As they're not I presume WW are safe.

* I've been wrong before but I'm confident on this occasion.

Lowland League stated at their meetings that the bottom team would be relegated, even if it took applications to fill the vacancy. So doesn't look very hopeful for Whitehill the league also stated the relegated team could apply if it was application process but having no lights is an obvious reason to reject their application.

5 hours ago, supersmith said:

Lowland League stated at their meetings that the bottom team would be relegated, even if it took applications to fill the vacancy. So doesn't look very hopeful for Whitehill the league also stated the relegated team could apply if it was application process but having no lights is an obvious reason to reject their application.

Didn't Threave in 2016 get relegated despite there being no licensed tier 6 champion? They didn't re-apply, but that would indicate WW still get relegated?

11 minutes ago, Marten said:

Didn't Threave in 2016 get relegated despite there being no licensed tier 6 champion? They didn't re-apply, but that would indicate WW still get relegated?

Threave wanted to be relegated ,big difference  ? 

Threave wanted to be relegated ,big difference  ? 
As far as I can remember, they just didn't re-apply and got relegated because of that. So if what I think is true, you'd be relegated with the chance to re-apply.

Still lots of uncertainty tbh as Bonnyrigg can (and probably will) still appeal.

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

As far as I can remember, they just didn't re-apply and got relegated because of that. So if what I think is true, you'd be relegated with the chance to re-apply.

Still lots of uncertainty tbh as Bonnyrigg can (and probably will) still appeal.

It's an absolutely ridiculous situation to be in. 

I've read that many different scenarios on various threads aboot ww my heed is bursting ?

I think Threave didn't want the travel involved in the LL and were happy in the SOSFL. 

Not sure where ww stand,i don't speak for the club but a lot more local fixtures EOSFL but I would like to think the club no just ww but any club would like to stay as high as possible for as long as possible in the pyramid  ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

32 minutes ago, Marten said:

That's what I had thought, but then it was mentioned that they resigned from the league.

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's what I had thought, but then it was mentioned that they resigned from the league.

As I mentioned above Threave didn't want the travel involved wi the LL  and resigned from league anyways? 

A bit different to the ww scenario now  ? 

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

As I mentioned above Threave didn't want the travel involved wi the LL  and resigned from league anyways? 

A bit different to the ww scenario now  ? 

It is, which is why it's important to say that Threave were never relegated. If WW wanted to fight things to stay in the league, officially they may not be relegated.

54 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

It's an absolutely ridiculous situation to be in. 

I've read that many different scenarios on various threads aboot ww my heed is bursting ?

I think Threave didn't want the travel involved in the LL and were happy in the SOSFL. 

Not sure where ww stand,i don't speak for the club but a lot more local fixtures EOSFL but I would like to think the club no just ww but any club would like to stay as high as possible for as long as possible in the pyramid  ? 

It must be very frustrating for you guys, you still don't know what league to plan for after all. That's all down to the SFA's incompetence. Nobody can blame Bonnyrigg for appealing the decision, which did seem very harsh on them. However, that makes uncertainty for WW continue. If the SFA wouldn't have been so slow in this process, everything could have been clear by now. If they'd have made their decision in February as they were meant to, Bonnyrigg could have appealed then and the outcome would have been known by now so all sides know what's happening (assuming Berwick don't perform a miracle on Saturday...).

If nothing becomes definite in the next few days, I think the LL should just run with 17 clubs next season with both yourselves and Bonnyrigg. An expansion to 18 would also not be a bad idea imo (if the HL can do it with 18, the LL should have no problems!), the final spot can then be filled by application, maybe Penicuik as the highest finished club with a license in the EOS.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

It must be very frustrating for you guys, you still don't know what league to plan for after all. That's all down to the SFA's incompetence. Nobody can blame Bonnyrigg for appealing the decision, which did seem very harsh on them. However, that makes uncertainty for WW continue. If the SFA wouldn't have been so slow in this process, everything could have been clear by now. If they'd have made their decision in February as they were meant to, Bonnyrigg could have appealed then and the outcome would have been known by now so all sides know what's happening (assuming Berwick don't perform a miracle on Saturday...).

If nothing becomes definite in the next few days, I think the LL should just run with 17 clubs next season with both yourselves and Bonnyrigg. An expansion to 18 would also not be a bad idea imo (if the HL can do it with 18, the LL should have no problems!), the final spot can then be filled by application, maybe Penicuik as the highest finished club with a license in the EOS.

The running at 17 is something I think might be an option. Confirm WW haven't been relegated and allow the Bonnyrigg to continue on with their appeal. We're probably only a couple of weeks until the LL AGM, so they've got to do something soon.

I tried finding some information on the Threave case. All I found so far is this article: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/threave-rovers-south-scotland-league-8099347

"Recently, chairman Davie McVitie said they planned to reapply for their place which they would have held on to had no team been promoted from the East or South leagues."

This quote suggests they were originally relegated but had the chance to re-apply, which they ultimately didn't do.

A 17 team LL for next season would make sense. I'm sure the league could squeeze in 2 more league matches ? After all teams,albeit champions have recently withdrew from the league cup maybes leaving an option should any problems arise with fixtures  throughout the season? 

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

I tried finding some information on the Threave case. All I found so far is this article: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/threave-rovers-south-scotland-league-8099347

"Recently, chairman Davie McVitie said they planned to reapply for their place which they would have held on to had no team been promoted from the East or South leagues."

This quote suggests they were originally relegated but had the chance to re-apply, which they ultimately didn't do.

There were various different newspaper quotes from around the time, some conflicting as the LL were supposedly looking to introduce relegation for the bottom club regardless of promotion scenarios.

The closes official source I remember finding was from the LL website http://slfl.co.uk/ferrari-packaging-scottish-lowland-football-league-announce-league-expansion/

image.png.76116a86b0799b4b0d8b9ca1f23f5aae.png

If they had been relegated, they wouldn't have had to resign.