Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

European Election - 23rd May 2019

25 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Explanation please.

A % of the contributions are calculated by the respective countries' own VAT rates. UK has a high VAT rate so pays more contributions than others for that part. 

Corporation tax matters as can be seen with Ireland's difference between their GNI and their GDP.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

A % of the contributions are calculated by the respective countries' own VAT rates. UK has a high VAT rate so pays more contributions than others for that part. 

Compensated for by the non agricultural payments parts of the rebate.

Cheers. 2007 figures I'd imagine the Irish would be closer to equilibrium now. Shows our VAT + corporation rates would matter hugely in the setup phase. 
Ireland just became a net contributor, last year I think

6 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Corporation tax matters as can be seen with Ireland's difference between their GNI and their GDP.

The EU uses a harmonised VAT rate in its calculations to ensure countries with higher VAT rates aren't penalised.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
More info.

21 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

The EU uses a harmonised VAT rate in its calculations to ensure countries with higher VAT rates aren't penalised.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.

Sorry I misread that bit. You are correct it's just a result of paying an equal percentage of a larger VAT income.

How doesn't the second paragraph make sense? Ireland's very low corporation tax rate is why it's GNI is significantly lower than its GDP.

Edited by TavTastic

19 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

File under: Thick, clueless *** c**t.  

And reduced to infantile name-calling.

Today's a new day.   I apologise for the use of colourful language but it was born out of frustration at silly questions you were asking.    

I had a wee skim through your posts - about how you love Britain and hate Sturgeon.     There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.    The independence question tends to be driven by emotions ultimately, and no amount of evidence will ever make you vote for a normal Scotland.     But please don't belittle Scotland with the idea we cannot run ourselves, that we'd face enormous austerity,  that we'd not be allowed into the EU or forced to join the Euro.     

The UK is one of the most in debt nation states in the world but I don't think for a second it's not a viable as a going concern.     No one here is questioning how the UK's going to balance the books post-brexit.     The UK is viable,  Scotland is viable.    Drop the Too wee Too stupid thing, eh?  

Bet he can't yell you why he hates Sturgeon.

On 31/05/2019 at 14:22, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 29/05/2019 at 21:00, This time Perthshirebell said:
Today's a new day.   I apologise for the use of colourful language but it was born out of frustration at silly questions you were asking.    

I had a wee skim through your posts - about how you love Britain and hate Sturgeon.     There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.    The independence question tends to be driven by emotions ultimately, and no amount of evidence will ever make you vote for a normal Scotland.     But please don't belittle Scotland with the idea we cannot run ourselves, that we'd face enormous austerity,  that we'd not be allowed into the EU or forced to join the Euro.     

The UK is one of the most in debt nation states in the world but I don't think for a second it's not a viable as a going concern.     No one here is questioning how the UK's going to balance the books post-brexit.     The UK is viable,  Scotland is viable.    Drop the Too wee Too stupid thing, eh?  

Bet he can't yell you why he hates Sturgeon.

Hate is a strong word. I have never hated anyone I haven't met so I don't know where you get the idea I hate her. I dislike opinions that I don't agree with, like everyone on this forum does, so I prefer my own opinions and don't denigrate others who don't by name calling or otherwise.

Hate is a strong word. I have never hated anyone I haven't met so I don't know where you get the idea I hate her. I dislike opinions that I don't agree with, like everyone on this forum does, so I prefer my own opinions and don't denigrate others who don't by name calling or otherwise.
Why do you believe Scotland is better of in the UK?

15 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Hate is indeed a strong word.   A word you used when you started your recent 'Love or hate Coldplay' thread.    Good also to know you don't engage in denigration or name calling.....

......except you do.   

I didn't say I hated them...

18 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

On 21/03/2017 at 22:42, sfha said:

Why the f**k are the SNF******P wasting time on a referendum debate when the country's arse is falling out. These p***ks should get on with the job they were elected to do and stop fannying about with their wolfie smith politics.

......except you do.   

I never said I hated anyone there either.

4 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Image result for snp map scotland yellow

"And it was all yellow"   

image.jpeg.8c581eaf1736caa1e95da4970c29c941.jpeg

and your point..?