Jump to content
Enigma

European Election - 23rd May 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

No.

Do you see them as pro remain or not knowing what they want?

Surely at least the Tories are pro Brexit. A lot of the MPs and most definitely the grass roots.

Labour is harder to judge but I see Corbyn as pro Brexit. There seems to be more of a split in his party and supporters though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Do you see them as pro remain or not knowing what they want?

Surely at least the Tories are pro Brexit. A lot of the MPs and most definitely the grass roots.

Labour is harder to judge but I see Corbyn as pro Brexit. There seems to be more of a split in his party and supporters though. 

In terms of leadership, MPs, party members and party voters I think they are both all over the place.

I genuinely could not even call the Conservative Party as a whole pro-Brexit.  That’s why they will take a thumping on Thursday.

I will make this prediction, if Boris Johnson becomes PM there will not be a clear No Deal Brexit.  It’s one thing to posture and pontificate, it’s another to lead the country into a potential economic crisis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s one thing to posture and pontificate, it’s another to lead the country into a potential economic crisis.

Does Boris Johnson know the difference though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/20/pro-anti-brexit-parties-neck-and-neck-eu-election-poll

 

Should the Labour and Tory votes not be counted as pro-Brexit as well?

I think they could be. 

They seem too committed to delivering some variation of May's deal and Brexit in some form. I certainly wouldn't vote for them as a remainer because at the very least, nobody can tell what they really stand for on this and thus, what they will actually agree to/deliver.

Edited by Jambomo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm voting Green and I hope they get one of the seats. These elections are fucking farcical anyway. There will be a 40% turnout and the winners will be out a job in a couple of months. 

It's going to be tortuous listening to self serving twats like farage claim some sort of great and moral victory.

I've been wanting to not vote SNP in a while due to being seriously pissed off with some individuals in the party, but as indy is the number one priority then it is impossible not to vote for them in normal circumstances. 

Edited by I'm Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

In terms of leadership, MPs, party members and party voters I think they are both all over the place.

I genuinely could not even call the Conservative Party as a whole pro-Brexit.  That’s why they will take a thumping on Thursday.

I will make this prediction, if Boris Johnson becomes PM there will not be a clear No Deal Brexit.  It’s one thing to posture and pontificate, it’s another to lead the country into a potential economic crisis.

 

If Boris becomes Prime Minister, he won't get any further with the EU than Theresa May.

On the other hand, he will probably teach us how to swear and curse in Latin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

In terms of leadership, MPs, party members and party voters I think they are both all over the place.

I genuinely could not even call the Conservative Party as a whole pro-Brexit.  That’s why they will take a thumping on Thursday.

I will make this prediction, if Boris Johnson becomes PM there will not be a clear No Deal Brexit.  It’s one thing to posture and pontificate, it’s another to lead the country into a potential economic crisis.

 

As the good  thickos  folk of Scunthorpe are perhaps about to find out, as what's left of British Steel peers into a 'Brexit-related' abyss.  Lincolnshire, one of the highest Brexit-voting areas in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only had one leaflet through and the was for UKIP. I stay in Coatbridge so quite surprised I've not had SNP, Greens and Labour through the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

If Boris becomes Prime Minister, he won't get any further with the EU than Theresa May.

On the other hand, he will probably teach us how to swear and curse in Latin.

If you don’t already know how to curse and swear in Latin you don’t deserve the vote IMO.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, that should have said Dundonian, not Latin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As the good  thickos  folk of Scunthorpe are perhaps about to find out, as what's left of British Steel peers into a 'Brexit-related' abyss.  Lincolnshire, one of the highest Brexit-voting areas in the UK.

Oh Lincolnshire.  Who needs a blue passport when you can go to Skegness for your summer holidays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

If Boris becomes Prime Minister, he won't get any further with the EU than Theresa May.

On the other hand, he will probably teach us how to swear and curse in Latin.

Fuckius Cuntius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As the good  thickos  folk of Scunthorpe are perhaps about to find out, as what's left of British Steel peers into a 'Brexit-related' abyss.  Lincolnshire, one of the highest Brexit-voting areas in the UK.

 

Money doesn't grow on trees you know.

Why should the gov/t fork out £30Million just to save BS and around 7,500 jobs?

It's not so long ago they had to fork out a trifling £1 Billion to get the DUP on their side thus enabling them , as a minority gov/t to get all kinds of legislation passed through the house. That was a very successful investment.

And of course all this has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit - confidence in British industry is still sky high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pawpar said:

Fuckius Cuntius.

Not sure if you are getting confused between your nominative and your subjunctive but it looks about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's infuriating is that if the Brexit Party did get a third of the vote it will be interpreted as vote for Brexit - blithely ignoring the two thirds who haven't voted for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

What's infuriating is that if the Brexit Party did get a third of the vote it will be interpreted as vote for Brexit - blithely ignoring the two thirds who haven't voted for them.

It'll be spun both ways by either side.

Unless they get 51% of the votes cast. Which is incredibly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It'll be spun both ways by either side.

Unless they get 51% of the votes cast. Which is incredibly unlikely.

 

That's generally the case with all election results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...