European Election - 23rd May 2019

Enigma

Today's a new day.   I apologise for the use of colourful language but it was born out of frustration at silly questions you were asking.    

I had a wee skim through your posts - about how you love Britain and hate Sturgeon.     There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.    The independence question tends to be driven by emotions ultimately, and no amount of evidence will ever make you vote for a normal Scotland.     But please don't belittle Scotland with the idea we cannot run ourselves, that we'd face enormous austerity,  that we'd not be allowed into the EU or forced to join the Euro.     

The UK is one of the most in debt nation states in the world but I don't think for a second it's not a viable as a going concern.     No one here is questioning how the UK's going to balance the books post-brexit.     The UK is viable,  Scotland is viable.    Drop the Too wee Too stupid thing, eh?  

Bet he can't yell you why he hates Sturgeon.

On 31/05/2019 at 14:22, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 29/05/2019 at 21:00, This time Perthshirebell said:
Today's a new day.   I apologise for the use of colourful language but it was born out of frustration at silly questions you were asking.    

I had a wee skim through your posts - about how you love Britain and hate Sturgeon.     There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.    The independence question tends to be driven by emotions ultimately, and no amount of evidence will ever make you vote for a normal Scotland.     But please don't belittle Scotland with the idea we cannot run ourselves, that we'd face enormous austerity,  that we'd not be allowed into the EU or forced to join the Euro.     

The UK is one of the most in debt nation states in the world but I don't think for a second it's not a viable as a going concern.     No one here is questioning how the UK's going to balance the books post-brexit.     The UK is viable,  Scotland is viable.    Drop the Too wee Too stupid thing, eh?  

Bet he can't yell you why he hates Sturgeon.

Hate is a strong word. I have never hated anyone I haven't met so I don't know where you get the idea I hate her. I dislike opinions that I don't agree with, like everyone on this forum does, so I prefer my own opinions and don't denigrate others who don't by name calling or otherwise.

Hate is a strong word. I have never hated anyone I haven't met so I don't know where you get the idea I hate her. I dislike opinions that I don't agree with, like everyone on this forum does, so I prefer my own opinions and don't denigrate others who don't by name calling or otherwise.
Why do you believe Scotland is better of in the UK?

15 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Hate is indeed a strong word.   A word you used when you started your recent 'Love or hate Coldplay' thread.    Good also to know you don't engage in denigration or name calling.....

......except you do.   

I didn't say I hated them...

18 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

On 21/03/2017 at 22:42, sfha said:

Why the f**k are the SNF******P wasting time on a referendum debate when the country's arse is falling out. These p***ks should get on with the job they were elected to do and stop fannying about with their wolfie smith politics.

......except you do.   

I never said I hated anyone there either.

13 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

You get a little drunk, and bent out of shape and the anti-SNP bile starts to flow.  when everyone outs you for the moron you are.  

Who's drunk? I'm up early in the morning and tea is my strongest drink during the the week my friend. I'm not anti-SNP, I'm not anti any party, I keep my options open because I'm not blinded. And if if you're calling me a moron, that's kinda hateful, wouldn't you agree?

And I just got a minus tag from your mate. Probably because of the 'anti' and 'SNP' being together. Just kidding! don't be so serious!

5 minutes ago, sfha said:

Who's drunk? I'm up early in the morning and tea is my strongest drink during the the week my friend. I'm not anti-SNP, I'm not anti any party, I keep my options open because I'm not blinded. And if if you're calling me a moron, that's kinda hateful, wouldn't you agree?

And I just got a minus tag from your mate. Probably because of the 'anti' and 'SNP' being together. Just kidding! don't be so serious!

and another minus tagged! How puerile.

On 5/27/2019 at 19:01, Savage Henry said:

It’s not a massively contradictory stance to support an independent Scotland outside the EU. It may be daft, but not contradictory.

That being said, I think the SNP picked up a number of Labour/No/Remain votes this week on the basis that they presented a unified front on what for most folk was a single issue vote, so I really don’t know how much I read into that.

Let's not forget that this "daft" notion was previously the SNP policy, they were very much an anti-EU party.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Let's not forget that this "daft" notion was previously the SNP policy, they were very much an anti-EU party.

But it hasn't been policy for a long time now has it?  When that was SNP policy, the world was not the globalised marketplace that it is now. Policies favoured by Labour under Michael Foot were nothing more than a footnote in history within 10 years so what relevance does a policy from 30+ years ago have to how people think today? 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

But it hasn't been policy for a long time now has it?  When that was SNP policy, the world was not the globalised marketplace that it is now. Policies favoured by Labour under Michael Foot were nothing more than a footnote in history within 10 years so what relevance does a policy from 30+ years ago have to how people think today? 

It was nothing to do with globalised marketplaces and everything to do with Sillar's "Independence in Europe" as a means to make the ideology of  Independence palatable to more people.  However, in the context of the post that I responded to, there are plenty of SNP supporters that have supported Independence without desiring European Unionism.  Voters can quite happily vote for independence without having to agree with the SNP's current position regarding the EU and indeed many traditional (older) independence supports are probably the vast majority of the 1/3 that vote SNP/voted leave.

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, strichener said:

It was nothing to do with globalised marketplaces and everything to do with Sillar's "Independence in Europe" as a means to make the ideology of  Independence palatable to more people.  However, in the context of the post that I responded to, there are plenty of SNP supporters that have supported Independence without desiring European Unionism.  Voters can quite happily vote for independence without having to agree with the SNP's current position regarding the EU and indeed many traditional (older) independence supports are probably the vast majority of the 1/3 that vote SNP/voted leave.

As may be. It's up to them what they choose to do though. Nobody is going to campaign for Leave UK/Leave EU. It's one or the other and most right minded supporters of Scottish independence must see that being in the EU is far less intrusive in terms of Scotland running her own affairs than remaining part of Gammon Central.

24 minutes ago, HTG said:

As may be. It's up to them what they choose to do though. Nobody is going to campaign for Leave UK/Leave EU. It's one or the other and most right minded supporters of Scottish independence must see that being in the EU is far less intrusive in terms of Scotland running her own affairs than remaining part of Gammon Central.

That's how I see it but equally I respect that others may see the leaving of the EU as more important.

On 05/06/2019 at 22:52, sfha said:

... and see my point... tag away my friends, the shop is open!

ONLY -26!!!! Disapoininting Yioiug cian diow betwtwr thakan this surely. Can you find a reason?