European Election - 23rd May 2019

Enigma

22 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This seems wrong to me. Under D'Hondt, the vote is dropped by previous seats +1, so Party A should go 100000, 50000, 50000, 33333, 33333, 33000, 25000, 25000

Still say all this is extremely confusing and unnecessarily complicated.

I did find this link a little helpful :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27187434

I may not be Nicola Stugeon's biggest fan,  but I have to say her interview with Andrew Marr was superb.
[emoji4]
You beat me to it. Confident and direct without being arrogant, and the juxtaposition with Corbyn's bumbling mound of fudge beforehand reinforced that of these two politicians, only one is fit for the office they currently hold.

I also hope that a lot of folk in North-East Scotland tuned in to hear something different from the weasel words Gove, Davidson and Bertie Armstrong have been peddling.

18 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Some hope today:

Decent, but the SNP vote on the day of the 2017 election (37%)  was a lot lower than the polls (40-46).  Likewise in 2016, the SNP were polling about 3% more than the actual results in both the constituency and list. A bit of cliche, but the shy Tory/Brexit party factor is definitely there. The Tories were up 3%

SNP last two polling samples has been 38/39, if that ends up about 34% plus the Brexit mob on 20% then well, feck knows, might end up SNP 2 Brexit 2 Lab 1 and the SNP short of the last seat going to the Libs or Tories.

Maybe I'm over dramatic, but I don't think this election will be a great success for the SNP. I have a horror feeling - the SNP will end up on about 35, Brexit 22 or something, plus the Greens will be just short of the 6th seat. Hope I'm wrong. Then again, people should vote for who they want as MEP rather than tactical voting, and we'll see how it goes on Sunday.

Edited by Kejan

Is it just me that's not really had much in the way of leaflets through the door for this election? Saw an SNP stall up the town the other day but we've only had something through the door from the Brexit party.

Our parakeets made some improvements to it. Tempted to post it back to the c**ts.

20190518_134629.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Is it just me that's not really had much in the way of leaflets through the door for this election? Saw an SNP stall up the town the other day but we've only had something through the door from the Brexit party.

Our parakeets made some improvements to it. Tempted to post it back to the c**ts.

Had stuff from every party and loads from the SNP up here.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Had stuff from every party and loads from the SNP up here.

I've had SNP, Tory, Green and Labour leaflets all in the same morning the Thursday past. Don't think the Brexit party are expecting many votes in the Glasgow area.

Edited by TavTastic

On 19/05/2019 at 10:43, MixuFixit said:

Quite probably. Latest yougov polling suggests a straight SNP/Greens vs Brexit split with none of the legacy parties getting a lookin, seems to be a very fluid environment just now:

image.png.81f92afbfd445902ee822056cb72dc12.png

How likely do you think it is that the Lib Dems will pick up one Scottish seat?

Had stuff from the main parties but nothing from the Ukippy-Brexity lot. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing what they came up with. My biggest laugh was Ruth Davidson's Tory leaflet, I'm not sure she could mention Independence anymore than the SNP could, completely bonkers.