what hobbies do you like doing

Ylf

Masturbating, shitting in mail boxes, seducing livestock, turning signs around the wrong way, poisoning reservoirs  and stamp collecting.*

*Only 1 of these is real.

Edited by DA Baracus

I like playing almost all sports, just not so keen on anything that requires physical or mental endurance (such as running any significant distance) as I'm a terrible wimp. I'm fine with playing racket sports reasonably energetically for a couple of hours, as it's not so mentally crushing when you have something to chase.

Various puzzle-style things appeal to me, such as crosswords, some of the proliferation of Sudoku things, and just general "can you work it out?" sort of puzzles - like the sorts of thing that Chris Maslanka produces.

Every so often I decide that I will try to learn to play piano properly. The SI definition of the second is based on how long I persist with this each time.

I very much enjoy walks that involve any wildlife at all, and particularly birds; and I enjoy trying to get decent pictures as part of that. I am not good at wildlife photography, but have OK gear and got a book on the subject from my mother-in-law for my birthday. So there's no excuse for not becoming at least a bit better.

My aspirations in areas that are not yet even partial hobbies are to be come more competent in gardening and in the absolute basics of geography ("which way am I pointing now?").

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

a few guys i know love hill walking as well. seems to be really popular just now

I have been hill walking for a few years. It's good.

15 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

I used to go hillwalking, but I have had my ups and downs.

Eta. Okay, bad puns are my hobby.

IIRC you used to have a fine collection of hockey sticks, screwdrivers, cricket bats, golf clubs etc. Quite the sportsman. 

5 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I like to download board games, complete computer games and ride my bicycle.   

I like downloading films, although Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars.