Sign in to follow this  
MixuFixit

Bands With Horrible Frontmen

On 5/11/2019 at 11:22, Frankie S said:

...I’ve heard some horror stories from other promoters and artists though. It seems clear, from all the stories I’ve heard, that the single most difficult, rude and discourteous man in rock is Van Morrison. Only heard the stories second hand so won’t reproduce them here, but I feel sorry for anyone who has ever promoted him or toured with him in the past.

Have heard similar from somebody who was from the same part of Belfast.

I once bumped into Donnie Munro fae’ Runrig. He was a nice bloke. My brother lives in Ascot, and has bumped into Marti Pellow a few times - he says Marti is a nice bloke too. Very chatty and friendly.

There you go.

Edited by pozbaird

On 05/06/2019 at 22:25, BallochSonsFan said:

Pixies. Frank Black is an absolute p***k.

Where Is My Mind and Debaser are still brilliant songs.

I’m a big fan but he did spring to mind here. Was jealous of kim deals success in the breeders and basically broke up the band. Very temperamental on stage seen him walk off at a catholic’s gig after one or two songs.  He was on the vinyl justice section of Adam and joe and a bit mental on that too.

Elvis Costello was a monumental bellend back in the 80's, mostly encouraged & abetted by his wankstain of a Manager

Noel and Liam Gallagher entitled pretentious c*nts who've build a career with very limited musical ability entirely on an image that only absolute weirdos like.

Another is Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynot no one could work with the guy as he just fell out with everyone and anyone.

The Glitter band?

Richard Ashcroft for me.  But mainly childish reasons..

Was a big Verve fan -well from 192-95 -didn't really like Urban Hymns ..anyway they played SECC about 2006(ish) and a friend got a last minute the call to support them.  After the gig I ended up bckstage. The rest of the Verve were in one dressing room and rally sound, signing autographs and getting pictures taken , while Ashcroft was sitting in a seperate dressing room(you could see him through the glass panel on the door).  I asked one of the band if there was much chance of Ashcroft coming through to have a chat and got the response "no, cos hes a w*nker". Wasn't surprised the reunion didnt last.

Also mid 2000s the band i was in played a festival in Stockport with The Fall.  A mate of a mate was putting on a really small festival on a  Rugby club field and asked us to play.   Mark E Smith refused to go onstage because he decided he didn't fancy it, even though the band were already up there and had started playing.  The festival promoter got a punch in the face for refusing to phone a taxi for Mark to get back to Prestwich.  It was funny at the time but looking back, pretty c*nty behaviour.  However I later found out, and not really sure if this was true or not, but one of our mates who had come to see us had got so drunk, he stumbled into the Rugby club looking for the bogs.  As it wasn't really a venue for bands the promoter had given The Fall one of the Rugby club changing rooms as their dressing room. Supposedly my mate drunkenly wandered in hammered,  looking for somewhere to have a slash and this set Mark E Smith off in a foul mood that it was a tinpot gig(which it was but being paid to do) and refused to play.

Ian McCulloch is up there. Made a tit of himself at Belladrum one year, came on after Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry who had himself just put on an immaculate show.

Even my wee 13 year old cousin called him a twat, she loved Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry too... we taught her well 8)

Gary Glitter must top the list. I'm surprised that nobody has suggested Ian Watkins. Then there's Steve Tyler of Aerosmith who had  a 14 year old groupie girlfriend.  Jerry Lee Lewis's successor or America's Bill Wyman?

I'll add a vote for the execrable Bono and suggest a few others.

Johnny Rotten/John Lydon for obvious reasons.

Paul Heaton, a self-righteous and arrogant twat.

Mike Love of The Beach Boys for treating Brian Wilson and Al Jardine like shit.

I'll think of some more later...

Not a fan of any of these but some noteable bawbags

Varg Vikernes (Burzum)

One man black metal act who murdered Euronymous of fellow black metal band Mayhem(claimed self defense despite the act being pre-emptive) & burned some churches. These days can be found spouting bigoted far-right pish & made a rather racist table top game.

GG Allin

Was rather partial to fighting audience members with the occasional bit of jobby throwing, indecent exposure & venue trashing. Did time for Felinous Assualt against a lass & was dating a 16/17 year old towards end of life in his mid 30s.

Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying)

Front man of a christian metalcore band that tried to order a hit on his ex-wife & got duped by an undercover spook. Was somehow able to re-launch the band & is touring again.

Niklas Kvarforth (Shining)

Frontman of a Swedish black metal band who is a bit of angsty edgelord (think 14 year old ideas of misanthropy) & has on more than one occasion scrapped with audience members & other bands. Used to hand out razorblades at shows.

Jon Nödveidt (Dissection)

Fronted a Swedish black metal/melodic death metal & murdered a man in a homophobic attack in 1997. Re-launched the band after his release from his jail before offing himself in 2006.

Michael Keene (The Faceless)

The technical death metal act counts over 30 former members in part to Keene have an overinflated ego/god complex.

Phil anselmo, proven racist and all round p***k.

Dave munstaine, known for being a twat as much as his music

Paul Heaton? I get the self righteous bit as he does come across a bit Marxist Student, but otherwise seems perfectly sound albeit permanently pished out his box. In spite of being the sole songwriter in The Beautiful South, he split the writing royalties equally among every member of the band which has probably cost him millions over the years.

Although Mike Love (and his crooked dad) is a good call.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
14 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Paul Heaton? I get the self righteous bit as he does come across a bit Marxist Student, but otherwise seems perfectly sound albeit permanently pished out his box. In spite of being the sole songwriter in The Beautiful South, he split the writing royalties equally among every member of the band which has probably cost him millions over the years.

I think Paul Heaton qualifies for that absolutely bog standard meh version of Happy Hour in the Premier Inn that everyone absolutely lost their heads over on Twitter.  Imagine being in the room next door... But yeah, he seems a sound bloke.  Did he not post, ever so briefly, on here, or am I making that up?

18 hours ago, Spyro said:

Ian McCulloch is up there. Made a tit of himself at Belladrum one year, came on after Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry who had himself just put on an immaculate show.

Even my wee 13 year old cousin called him a twat, she loved Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry too... we taught her well 8)

If you want to know just how much of a twat McCulloch is, read Julian Cope's book Head- on.