A postive case for the union

Just now, MixuFixit said:

You're saying here will be no disruption associated with Scotland in the EU and England outside the EU. Have you said this to people on doorsteps?

Again, you'll need to show me where I said that.  I said EU accession for Scotland would be instantaneous and guaranteed, and a CTA would be agreed between Scotland and rUK immediately.  These are both facts, and would go an awful long way to largely mitigating the prospective difficulties you raise. 

These are just facts, as are the new obstacles that the UK is putting in its own way with Brexit in the near future being a downside to continued UK membership which was not the case last time.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Yes; absolutely. They will be a condition of the trade agreement. This will inevitably do some degree of damage to both economies vs both being part of one country (as separate from damage to Scotland and England of not being in the EU). This needs to be faced and talked about honestly to convince people it is a necessary and manageable hit.

Why would either country want there to be a "hit"?

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

OK. Every arrangement between the UK and the EU that is not remain will do damage to both economies. Do you think differently in the Scottish independence case?

No, I accept there will be some downsides, but they will be considerably outweighed by the benefits, and now have to be weighed against the new downsides of continued UK membership in a way they didn't in 2014.

I've always voted. Have done since I was 18. Now almost 40 years later I've got to the point where if any politician/political activist/campaigner ask me for their opinion/vote, I say "yes I'll vote/agree etc with you" because I cannot now be arsed with their bullshit. Every ballot paper is now being sent back spoiled.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Yes! Now we're getting somewhere! This is the thing to hammer home.

Yes it is, that's the crux of the whole thing.  That and the 100 years of oil they just discovered west of Scotland, and the absolute bonanza of renewable energy we will enjoy in the near future.  As well as the issue of immigration where the needs and wants of Scotland and rUK are diametrically opposed, and the democratic deficit.  

10 minutes ago, sfha said:

I've always voted. Have done since I was 18. Now almost 40 years later I've got to the point where if any politician/political activist/campaigner ask me for their opinion/vote, I say "yes I'll vote/agree etc with you" because I cannot now be arsed with their bullshit. Every ballot paper is now being sent back spoiled.

It's a shame that you've reverted to a sulky unconfident teenager.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

If you're on a desktop just copy the link from twitter and P&B does the rest, if you're on a phone you need to go to 'embed' tweet and then copy and paste the code it generates.

I posted the link but would like the video on here so people could just watch without clicking

https://twitter.com/grahamlithgow/status/1127264689514270722

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Things can only impede trade if they exist. Why would they exist when no-one wants them to?

Some things are unavoidable, there is no doubt there will be impediments to trade between the UK and the EU that don't exist just now.  That's the whole point of being in a trading block so there are none.  Its not possible to have completely frictionless trade from outwith the EU.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

It's a shame that you've reverted to a sulky unconfident teenager.

Politicians are not listening to anyone but their own chattering classes, they always did but even more so now. They are so far removed from what the public want. They are now getting yet another recess in the midst of the biggest constitutional crisis this country is facing in decades. The mind boggles, I'm not a sulking teenager, I don't remember ever being one, I just got on with the job.  But not one of them is worthy of my vote.

1 minute ago, sfha said:

Politicians are not listening to anyone but their own chattering classes, they always did but even more so now. They are so far removed from what the public want. They are now getting yet another recess in the midst of the biggest constitutional crisis this country is facing in decades. The mind boggles, I'm not a sulking teenager, I don't remember ever being one, I just got on with the job.  But not one of them is worthy of my vote.

I don't think that accusation can be fairly levelled at the SNP, WM parties sure, SNP no.  You should give them or the Greens a look.