A postive case for the union

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
11 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
So what's the precedent then?

Precedent for what? I thought you meant talking amongst yourselves.

Are you really this stupid? A country becoming independent and subsequently seeing a positive case for union.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Stupidity

Just now, Kuro said:

Northern Ireland?  Lol

There is no positive cause, they've had eight years to make one, and nobody has ever put one forward.

Northern Ireland isn’t a country and never has been - and it’s already the rump of a country which was in a union and left, so it’s not in a position to be making a case for being incorporated into a unitary state. However, the NI situation does seem to appeal to Scottish Britnats to such an extent they’ve even borrowed the term “unionist” from the loyalists over there. Presumably the idea of being a staunch province like Northern Ireland appeals very much to them.

So, Northern Ireland not counting (even to English Britnats; apparently), we’re still no closer to any countries on earth seeking the kind of union that we’re told is so amazing that if it didn’t exist Scotland would be begging for it*.

*Cf David the toilet floor licker Mundell.

29 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I think the positive case for the Union would be apparent fairly soon after Independence. Feel free to carry on talking with yourselves now.

"I can't make a positive case right now. But believe me when I tell you that they would all suddenly become apparent if Scotland ever makes the disastrous decision to run it's own affairs. Just vote NO"

[emoji38] Sorry. Country.
Apologies I'm just toying with you.
No I can't think of any examples but that doesn't mean they improved fiscally which is my main concern. I think Scotland would find its income didn't match it's aspirations fairly quickly. I'm saying no more though or wee Kuro will jump in with his abysmal patter. Once again apologies for the "whoosh" moments..

Just now, Loondave1 said:

No I can't think of any examples but that doesn't mean they improved fiscally which is my main concern. I think Scotland would find its income didn't match it's aspirations fairly quickly. I'm saying no more though or wee Kuro will jump in with his abysmal patter. Once again apologies for the "whoosh" moments..

Apology accepted. So which countries didn't improve fiscally as a result of independence?

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Got to have aspirations to generate the income. Which is why the UK and it's lack of aspirations is economically broken.

Just now, Loondave1 said:
3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
Apology accepted. So which countries didn't improve fiscally as a result of independence?

ROI was pretty poor for donkeys years.

Indeed. But then I'm not aware of anyone proposing Scotland should be an isolationist, agrarian, theocracy.

ROI's GDP per capita is substantially in excess of ours so I'd say it's a pretty good example of the benefits of independence.

Indeed. But then I'm not aware of anyone proposing Scotland should be an isolationist, agrarian, theocracy.
ROI's GDP per capita is substantially in excess of ours so I'd say it's a pretty good example of the benefits of independence.
That took decades. Are Scots voters prepared for that ?

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
5 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

That took decades. Are Scots voters prepared for that ?

We're rather different to the Ireland of the 1920s.

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

A successful secular, mixed economy with a highly educated population would not face the same problems tbh.

With a staggering abundance of natural resources.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Absolutely shocked to see Loondave, when asked to present a positive case for the union, spend half a dozen posts mumbling some shite about being too wee, too poor and echo chambers.

Aye, but the "positive case" will instantly become evident should Scotland ever dare to leave. It just can't be explained right noo....

Aye, but the "positive case" will instantly become evident should Scotland ever dare to leave. It just can't be explained right noo....
As I said I have posted my opinions with detail previously with fairly playground style responses. Chat amongst yourselves until the big day comes.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

As I said I have posted my opinions with detail previously with fairly playground style responses. Chat amongst yourselves until the big day comes.

Gotta love a Friday Flounce.....:P

Gotta love a Friday Flounce.....[emoji14]
I am flouncing. I have been accused of trolling,attention seeking,being a yoon,Britnat etc etc. I hadn't realised how much my "mewlings" would be missed and am heartened by the calls for more Loondave wisdom but it's too soon..

25 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
28 minutes ago, O said:
Gotta love a Friday Flounce.....emoji14.png

I am flouncing. I have been accused of trolling,attention seeking,being a yoon,Britnat etc etc. I hadn't realised how much my "mewlings" would be missed and am heartened by the calls for more Loondave wisdom but it's too soon..

Accused of? I thought you had already been found guilty of all charges and sentenced to post shite on here till either yourself or the internet ceases to be.

Edited by dirty dingus