A postive case for the union

4 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

If there was a decent, competent government in power, I'd argue for the union. 

But there has never been and Scotland is always a mere after thought with them the people not the resources the resources are at the top off there agenda and how to hold on to them for longer

12 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

If there was a decent, competent government in power, I'd argue for the union.

Why would you rather have a decent, competent government in power from London, when you can have one much closer to home?

Unless you accept "Eh, because, eh?" as a positive case, I don't think you're going to get one.

But it seriously baffles me why it isn't a 100% open and shut case no matter your politics.

Left: No more perma-right wing government

Right: Standing on your own two feet and not accepting subsidies (:lol:) is quite literally your bag

Centrists: A country of just 5.5 million will be ripping the piss out of you instead of a "country" of 66 million

ChMampY.png

40 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
59 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
Take my football team out off it please
I find that highly offensive 

U ok ***?

Just dont like Rangers getting used as the punching bag again

When most off us clearly voted yes unlike the rest off Scotland accept for Dundee

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

Anybody got any good arguments to stay in the union
Or can they tell me why Scotland can not be a successful Independent country?

Aye, you being behind independence has put me right off the idea. I was a member of the SNP & often contributed to the YES cause outwith the SNP. These days are now past & im staunch as f**k now.

There isn't a good case for allowing  another country to govern you.  

The fundamental way I explain to people.from elsewhere is take france, America, any country you want.  Regardless of whether you agree with their policies or not, every country in the world has a government every single time that does what it believes to.be.in the best interests of that country.

As part of the UK Scotland has never had that for even one day and never could, and we actually have governments who very often do things they know to be damaging to Scotland, but because they benefit another country they do them anyway.

I fundamentally believe two things - Scotland deserves to be governed by people for whom what's best for Scotland is their overriding priority, and any Scottish government would govern Scotland better than any government from another country for whom we're an afterthought and nuisance.

Edited by Kuro

The positive case: "We've been through so much together."

Spoiler

Such as the Highland Clearances following the Battle of Culloden, the Battle of George Square, the Poll Tax, the 1746 Dress Act, the Maritime Border shift, the McCrone cover up, nuclear subs and consecutive conservative governments.