• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

3 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

We have a few signed up for next season...

Graeme Smith 

Andy Munro

David Marsh

Kieran Gibbons

Alan Cook

Thomas Halleran

Mark McGuigan

Cheers - have added it on.  How was Gibbons for you this season?  I thought he was an atrocious player for us so was amazed that you guys took him back to League 1!

We have a few signed up for next season...

Graeme Smith 

Andy Munro

David Marsh

Kieran Gibbons

Alan Cook

Thomas Halleran

Mark McGuigan

That’s a good foundation for Stenny to build on actually. Haven’t seen Halleran play, and it was a while since I saw Gibbons (who was pish), but Smith, Munro, Marsh, Cook & McGuigan would be welcome additions to any squad in this league.

The Rovers have signed 

Smart Osadolor ST

Gregor Fotheringham CM

Sean Fagan RB

Lewis Wilson CB

Ross Clarke LB

Brian Ross CM

Gary Phillips LM

Players Leaving 

Jamie Watson

Gary Fisher

Gerard 

Kearney

Lawrence

Eley

Ben Reilly

Returning to Clubs

PJ Morrison GK

George Newell ST

Giuliano Morena CM

Edited by Rovers programme boy

On 09/05/2019 at 23:36, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Is Omar signed up? Genuine question as I don’t know - happy if he is!!

yip

13 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Thread should be deleted due to Comic Sans use in the OP

Sorry about that.

Can a MOD pin this?

Original post updated with the 10 teams all confirmed now finally and Stirling signing McLean from Brechin. Anything I've missed?  Any Cove fans out there aware of who they have signed on for next season?

On 16/05/2019 at 17:46, williebraveheart said:

Josh Peters has left QP. No great loss.

He was brilliant in the first half of the season for Forfar a few years back. Maybe Bollan will take a punt on him as he got the best out of him before? 

Gary Fisher looked like a decent prospect when we had him on loan from Killie. Got injured and never looked the same. Did Harper not fancy him? 

19 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He was brilliant in the first half of the season for Forfar a few years back. Maybe Bollan will take a punt on him as he got the best out of him before? 

Gary Fisher looked like a decent prospect when we had him on loan from Killie. Got injured and never looked the same. Did Harper not fancy him? 

Fish got quite a bad injury before the turn of the year and struggled to get his fitness back. He came against QP and was whipped off at h/t as the game seemed to pass him by. As far as I know there was no fall out, more a natural parting of the ways. Great Rovers player scored the winner that clinched the 2015 championship.

21 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Queens fans - do you’s not get sick of the amateur contracts deal? Surely leads to ur best players leaving every season?

Yes. With the loss of Hampden and our youth players being snapped up for nothing, it needs revisiting.

40 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Yes. With the loss of Hampden and our youth players being snapped up for nothing, it needs revisiting.

Will never understand the QP set up. It’s 19th century stuff, except we’re in the 21st century.

The Olympics used to be amateur aswell, but has long since evolved to keep up with the modern world.

And don’t get me started on a part time amateur team cutting up the national stadium pitch every fortnight in front of a few hundred.

Anyway, good luck for the season and hats off to all QP fans for residing in Glasgow and not supporting the bigot bros.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Will never understand the QP set up. It’s 19th century stuff, except we’re in the 21st century.

The Olympics used to be amateur aswell, but has long since evolved to keep up with the modern world.

And don’t get me started on a part time amateur team cutting up the national stadium pitch every fortnight in front of a few hundred.

Anyway, good luck for the season and hats off to all QP fans for residing in Glasgow and not supporting the bigot bros.

To be fair they own the national stadium pitch, well for the time being. 

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

To be fair they own the national stadium pitch, well for the time being. 

I know mate, but say I own 2 sets of household items, and 1 set is high quality and expensive. I use the other set day to day and keep the good set for special occasions.

1 minute ago, big al said:

I know mate, but say I own 2 sets of household items, and 1 set is high quality and expensive. I use the other set day to day and keep the good set for special occasions.

Why let someone else use your good stuff and not yourself. The way Scotland have been playing in recent decades your probably seen more better games at QP ones.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Why let someone else use your good stuff and not yourself. The way Scotland have been playing in recent decades your probably seen more better games at QP ones.

Haha suppose there’s no right answer.

Why wreck the pitch for cup finals and internationals for games with 1 per cent of the capacity filled, when there’s an adjacent pitch that could host their games?

anyway, somebody agrees as they are having to move! I hope they are given funds to ensure lesser Hampden is a decent wee facility and ground for them.