Summer Transfer Thread

Fish got quite a bad injury before the turn of the year and struggled to get his fitness back. He came against QP and was whipped off at h/t as the game seemed to pass him by. As far as I know there was no fall out, more a natural parting of the ways. Great Rovers player scored the winner that clinched the 2015 championship.

Didnt get on with the manager

Will never understand the QP set up. It’s 19th century stuff, except we’re in the 21st century.
The Olympics used to be amateur aswell, but has long since evolved to keep up with the modern world.
And don’t get me started on a part time amateur team cutting up the national stadium pitch every fortnight in front of a few hundred.
Anyway, good luck for the season and hats off to all QP fans for residing in Glasgow and not supporting the bigot bros.
Actually it was the national team cutting up a part time teams park every couple months

12 hours ago, big al said:

Will never understand the QP set up. It’s 19th century stuff, except we’re in the 21st century.

The Olympics used to be amateur aswell, but has long since evolved to keep up with the modern world.

That's what QP have done throughout our history. Evolved to survive. We gave in and joined the professional league, we allowed ex professionals to play,  we signed players on professional contracts (but never paid them), we play loan players who are paid but not by us. We evolve to survive. With the loss of playing at Hampden and clubs in the Lowland and Highland leagues throwing money at taking our place in senior football. We seriously need to consider evolving again if we wish to retain our place in senior football.

Can a MOD pin this?

Original post updated with the 10 teams all confirmed now finally and have just added in the first confirmed Cove contract extensions.  Anything missing?

That's what QP have done throughout our history. Evolved to survive. We gave in and joined the professional league, we allowed ex professionals to play,  we signed players on professional contracts (but never paid them), we play loan players who are paid but not by us. We evolve to survive. With the loss of playing at Hampden and clubs in the Lowland and Highland leagues throwing money at taking our place in senior football. We seriously need to consider evolving again if we wish to retain our place in senior football.

Surely the fortune you’s are getting from Hampden could be put towards signing some talent too? Could be a turning point for QP

14 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Surely the fortune you’s are getting from Hampden could be put towards signing some talent too? Could be a turning point for QP

What fortune?

We will need most of the proceeds to redevelop Lesser Hampden and the rest to help buffer the transition from the loss of income from the lease of Hampden to our new business model. Whatever that may be?

What fortune?
We will need most of the proceeds to redevelop Lesser Hampden and the rest to help buffer the transition from the loss of income from the lease of Hampden to our new business model. Whatever that may be?

You’s not getting 4m for Hampden?

19 hours ago, big al said:

I hope they are given funds to ensure lesser Hampden is a decent wee facility and ground for them.

Aye, it's called the sale of Hampden, We wouldn't be moving there without these funds as Lesser isn't up to scratch for League 2 football and needs stands/terracing built and turnstiles installed, along with other things.       

Back on topic - pretty sure we've re-signed David Galt and Keiran Moore. Roberts mentioned it in a post match interview ages ago 

Edited by Mick1867

Just now, JimThorburn said:

Sad to see the lad leave but it was inevitable after the season he's had.
The destination also seemed inevitable.

Got to admit I'm very excited about us signing him. 19 assists in any league is a great return. He's looked dangerous and creative every time I've seen him play too. Also got experience further up the leagues.

Got to admit I'm very excited about us signing him. 19 assists in any league is a great return. He's looked dangerous and creative every time I've seen him play too. Also got experience further up the leagues.

His fitness might be the only issue as he does pick up a few knocks especially stepping up a division but a good wee player overall.