St Johnstone vs Motherwell - Saturday 11th May

I'm probably the same, the only reason I'd like a win today is it means we are ripe for being accused of lying down by St Mirren fans next weekend. Delicious.

Can you play trialist goalkeepers at this stage of the season?

5cd6b247b914a_Screenshot_20190511-1228272.thumb.png.e636ea42646f3919dd816511b1765092.png

28 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm probably the same, the only reason I'd like a win today is it means we are ripe for being accused of lying down by St Mirren fans next weekend. Delicious.

Can you play trialist goalkeepers at this stage of the season?

5cd6b247b914a_Screenshot_20190511-1228272.thumb.png.e636ea42646f3919dd816511b1765092.png

Lets just do it anyway.  Beat Hamilton, let St Mirren get their hopes up, then hand ourselves over to the authorities who void the game and hand Hamilton 3 points, enough to keep them above St Mirren.

I'd just like to commend my fellow Saints fans on expressing a very sound and just set of opinions regarding the next couple of games.

Win today, rollover to Accies and send st Mirren back whencetheycame.

Their fans on here just haven't cut it at this level at all. 

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'd just like to commend my fellow Saints fans on expressing a very sound and just set of opinions regarding the next couple of games.

Win today, rollover to Accies and send st Mirren back whencetheycame.

Their fans on here just haven't cut it at this level at all. 

I genuinely can't think of a better reason for dashing the hopes and dreams of the entire town of Paisley and their beloved football club.

Spoiler

01983b4bfe1e1a56cef987d8f15f89e8.jpg

Only kidding - get Hamilton fired into the fucking sun!

No real surprises in either team. No sign at all of Gorrin for Motherwell and thought Tommy Wright might have stuck with Callachan for the final two games for us.

Saints will need their best performance of 2019 to win today IMO.

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

No real surprises in either team. No sign at all of Gorrin for Motherwell and thought Tommy Wright might have stuck with Callachan for the final two games for us.

Saints will need their best performance of 2019 to win today IMO.

Do you think Wotherspoon will be central?

Or will he return to the left with Kennedy central?

I like Wotherspoon left, tbh, but I also like him as the most advanced central player. In essence, as long as hes not a sitting midfielder, I like him.

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Just have to wait and see how he lines them up, no way of really knowing. Although he changed our shape within about 5 minutes last week!

Aye, suppose it could hinge on how Motherwell set up.

Ideally we'd see Kennedy be allowed to buzz around McHugh, who, realistically, should struggle. My worry is we match up Davidson and Campbell, and then decide to have Wotherspoon tracking Turnbull.

30 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Surprised there's no sign of Gorrin today as I heard our midfield dropped a level last week with McHugh in. Can only assume he's confirmed he's leaving.

Surprised we're in the main stand. Is that fairly standard for the smaller away supports at McDiarmid?

Happens quite often. 

See you boys have brought the pyros. Classy. 

Our lack of a half decent striker is really showing and we're missing Callachan's energy and losing the midfield. And only 30 minutes in. 

Goal for Saints. Would have to see it again but it looked a soft penalty with Kane going down after being shoulder to shoulder with Dunne.

Was nothing soft about it, Dunne put a hand on his back and pushed him over, certainly wasn’t shoulder to shoulder, after Kane went past him.

11 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Goal for Saints. Would have to see it again but it looked a soft penalty with Kane going down after being shoulder to shoulder with Dunne.

Hilariously soft. Bit of irony considering Motherwells attackers has been collapsing every time they're in the box, that Scott in particular is just a Main clone, more interested in smashing folk and falling down than actually trying to play the game.

Wotherspoon is losing his man constantly defensively, Tait going central and Turnbull coming right has him genuinely just twirling about trying to figure out who to mark. Some great play with him, Foster and MOH though. 

We scored a penalty!!

Fairly even first half, both teams having chances.

Davidson has looked good the past few weeks since coming back into the team.

Jason Kerr is a great player.

Does this mean Swanson will be away in the summer? Would have expected him to get a run out since the split if he was in the plans.

Well to equalise with a late goal as per normal the past few weeks.

1-0 to Saints at half time with Saints scoring the penalty. Scrappy game with a lot of misplaced passes and a petty ref. Saints looked more dangerous early on, particularly through Kennedy and O'Halloran, but we came back into it and I thought the goal was against the run of play but couldn't have complained too much if Saints had scored earlier. It's just not happening for Scott up front and Ariyibi is struggling with Foster's close attentions. Looked as though we had a shot saved on the line by their player with his hand but it was up the far end and would have to see it again.