Friday night football - SSBs v GSBs

f**k knows what all that negativity was about during the game. I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable game, even prior to the winning goal. Blood and thunder, shite ref, flashes of great football... That epitomised Scottish football.

And the Hearts got pumped... What's not to like?

Had the misfortune of watching a Derek McInnes side for the best part of a decade type post.

Some sides like to play with flair, likesay.

26 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Had the misfortune of watching a Derek McInnes side for the best part of a decade type post.

Have said flair teams finished above Aberdeen since 2013? x

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I'm sure they'd like to. 

Hopefully you'll stick to what you're good at and kick Killie all over the park. You can cement 5th, then lie down to us next week. Likesay 

Last night was just about as grim as I imagined it would be. The only positive was the total apathy in the Hearts support that lead to a few decent chants.

I honestly can't quite get my head round Levein's negative tactics in a  game where we have absolutely nothing to lose, would genuinely have rather lost that game by 3 or 4 goals if we'd just played some youth players and had a go at Aberdeen.

No one stood out there, Burns took the goal well and McLean did as well as expected being played as a lone striker but apart from that it was the usual Levein shitfest. I thought Aberdeen were poor in a game they could have hit 4 or 5 past us if they'd went for it, once they hit us down the wings and crossed the ball in the box we looked hopeless, second goal was a good example of that.

I can't envisage any scenario that sees Levein staying at the end of the season and I think he knows it but is playing the wind-up-merchant act by refusing the admit it. There needs to be a total change in direction at the club starting at the top, we're so so soft.

Edit: I've just realised the last two posts I've made have been about teams putting '4 or 5 past us', looking forward to the same again over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by GorgieRoad

51 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

Last night was just about as grim as I imagined it would be. The only positive was the total apathy in the Hearts support that lead to a few decent chants.

I honestly can't quite get my head round Levein's negative tactics in a  game where we have absolutely nothing to lose, would genuinely have rather lost that game by 3 or 4 goals if we'd just played some youth players and had a go at Aberdeen.

No one stood out there, Burns took the goal well and McLean did as well as expected being played as a lone striker but apart from that it was the usual Levein shitfest. I thought Aberdeen were poor in a game they could have hit 4 or 5 past us if they'd went for it, once they hit us down the wings and crossed the ball in the box we looked hopeless, second goal was a good example of that.

I can't envisage any scenario that sees Levein staying at the end of the season and I think he knows it but is playing the wind-up-merchant act by refusing the admit it. There needs to be a total change in direction at the club starting at the top, we're so so soft.

Edit: I've just realised the last two posts I've made have been about teams putting '4 or 5 past us', looking forward to the same again over the next couple of weeks.

Wasn't as bad as I expected. Thought Aberdeen were lacklustre again, thought they would've strolled it.

The young guys did well when brought on but I'd liked to have seen them earlier. Clare was awful and god knows what's up with Vanecek, still not fit?! - Levein should be pressed by the media over his signings and man-management.

Don't want Levein anywhere near the club post-final.

Any fan who says they'd prefer to watch a team playing good football and losing is lying. Also ludicrous coming from Hibs fans who have apparently bought the Hibs Brazilian football myth.

Would I like to play more attractive football and win? Yes.

Would I like to play more attractive football and lose? No fucking way.

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Any fan who says they'd prefer to watch a team playing good football and losing is lying. Also ludicrous coming from Hibs fans who have apparently bought the Hibs Brazilian football myth.

Would I like to play more attractive football and win? Yes.

Would I like to play more attractive football and lose? No fucking way.

Hibs fans love the flair myth. Probably the result of years of inbreeding.