Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

On 08/05/2019 at 15:28, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

In Bristol unlike Glasgow they actually use there City bikes scheame 

Students the homeless tourists every walk off life off different people

I thought it was quite pleasent unlike up here were I rarely see anybody using them who are either to un fit or to drunk to even notice them

I dont drive so they don't piss me off in the slighest.

Would rather they did that than choke on petrol fumes

Saw a science show last night a guy made a ivention based on a ostrich leg and could run up to 20 miles a hour bobing in and out off traffic congestion 

And said a athlete using it could actually keep up with the bird

So that could be the future bikes out and people pogoing to there work

As someone who lives in Briz, I completely agree, and have used the 'Boris bikes' quite a bit. Bristol is quite lucky though in that most of the rail network was ripped up by Mr Beeching. A lot of these have been tunred into cycle paths which connect big parts of the city, then out to Bath. There's also a lot of cycle lanes on both roads and paths all over the city centre.

For every lycra clad fanny running a red light, there's a foaming gammon 2" behind you revving so he can hurry home to kids and family who all hate him. 

Edited by Jeek

16 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

about 30 of those vids were in countries where they can't drive in general. 5 or so where fol accidentally falling off their bikes. The rest were correctly called out.

On 5/8/2019 at 15:28, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

homeless tourists

do these' homeless tourists' stay in hotels whilst on their holidays, or do they still doss about on the streets covered in cardboard boxes, just in a different place to normal ?

7 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

do these' homeless tourists' stay in hotels whilst on their holidays, or do they still doss about on the streets covered in cardboard boxes, just in a different place to normal ?

Stop being a tit I never said that have some respect for the homeless 

Came up behind a cyclist a few weeks back . Couldn't get past for oncoming traffic.

Alongside the road, is a purpose built cycle path.

We stopped at a roundabout, I opened the window and said to him 'wouldn't you be better and safer on the cycle path mate?'

He replied ' f**k off you fucking arsehole, I'll ride my bike where I want to'.

By a strange coincidence, the next time I saw him a few weeks later,he was talking to someone in the street as I walked by.

He said to his mate...' some arsehole knocked me off my bike' 

Oh how I laughed....................

At the crutches...........

12 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Came up behind a cyclist a few weeks back . Couldn't get past for oncoming traffic.

We stopped at a roundabout, I opened the window and said to him 'wouldn't you be better and safer on the cycle path mate?'

By a strange coincidence, the next time I saw him a few weeks later,he was talking to someone in the street as I walked by.

I normally get annoyed by this meme but on rare occasions it has its place.

image.jpg

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

See this is where cyclists arguments fall down.  Instead of obeying the road rules that everyone else does, you make up your own wee rule and justify it by saying you're "doing everyone a favour".  Obey the rules or get aff the road.

Your argument would be credible if you could, hand on heart, say you never exceed the speed limit or go through a light that's just gone red or stop on a box. And if you'd typed "cyclists'" instead of "cyclists". 

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Your argument would be credible if you could, hand on heart, say you never exceed the speed limit or go through a light that's just gone red or stop on a box. And if you'd typed "cyclists'" instead of "cyclists". 

I'm a first class driver. I don't see how my point is invalid, everyone should stick to the rules, that way nobody dies.

#gammonfantasiesimages.jpeg

[mention=15829]jupe1407[/mention] [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention]  What makes you think this didn't happen?     Seems absolutely consistent with the attitude of entitlement and aggressiveness shown by this forums' cyclists.    Sadly people are having these altercations on a daily basis - and I'm sure this will be backed up by the 2019 Cycling attitudes survey which will be concluded by  late May.   
I don't think an endorsement from a guy who posted a photo of someone else's house, pretending it was their own, is particularly convincing tbh.

I'd prefer if you answered the question rather then divert into my property portfolio.    I've bolded it this time to concentrate your mind.  

You celebrate cyclists causing financial, physical, and emotional stress to car owners.    You'd probably laugh at an elderly woman falling out a wheelchair into a medium-sized puddle, and you'd probably steal her purse.     

Just remember:  If you're cycling;  we're watching and recording.   #CAST  
Aye you certainly come across as a "watcher" tbf.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

See this is where cyclists arguments fall down.  Instead of obeying the road rules that everyone else does, you make up your own wee rule and justify it by saying you're "doing everyone a favour".  Obey the rules or get aff the road.

Next time I'm doing 100MPH on the motorway I will say I'm doimg everyone else a favour because if their are any police cars in the area they will be chasing me allowing the folk doing 80 a free time.

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:
1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:
I'd prefer if you answered the question rather then divert into my property portfolio.    I've bolded it this time to concentrate your mind.  

You celebrate cyclists causing financial, physical, and emotional stress to car owners.    You'd probably laugh at an elderly woman falling out a wheelchair into a medium-sized puddle, and you'd probably steal her purse.     

Just remember:  If you're cycling;  we're watching and recording.   #CAST  

Aye you certainly come across as “creepy watcher who openly admitted to taking videos of females without  their consent " tbf.

FTFY 

[mention=15829]jupe1407[/mention] [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention]  What makes you think this didn't happen?     Seems absolutely consistent with the attitude of entitlement and aggressiveness shown by this forums' cyclists.    Sadly people are having these altercations on a daily basis - and I'm sure this will be backed up by the 2019 Cycling attitudes survey which will be concluded by  late May.   

Of course it didnt happen.

[emoji38]

3 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

....and the next time you seen him he'd been knocked off his bike and was needing the aid of crutches.     That's an excellent testimonial and absolute justice for the horrible abuse you suffered at the hand of this cyclist.      

It is. The use if the cycle path may have prevented his injury.

Of course, he may have been on the cycle path when he was knocked down.

It may have been he was knocked down by a person in a buggy , or someone else on a bike.

He may well have told someone else to f**k off and they knocked him down! I dont know how it happened.

As for me suffering the abuse, it really didnt bother me. I was actually trying to help the guy and he was the belligerent party.