Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

14 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

A rare non-aggressive post for cat 5 poster UTN.   

We're only a few months past since his last physical assault.    

Forum users:  You'll most likely accounter UTN during the summer months in the central belt.   The advice as always is to film him but only from a distance.   Do not try to confront but phone the police straight away and make sure you tell them he's a cat 5 offender.   

7015ABE7-0F84-43BA-B61E-4A248A3ACE0F.gif

Oh well, the wannabe middle class IT brigade seem to be winning (that's my stereotyped occupation of your typical cyclist) and the rest of us normal people are in the minority.

Yes, I feared this would happen in today's society.

Damn, foiled again.............

12 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

^^  

That's the dictionary definition of trying too hard.   

I would be questioning your driving ability 'The Mantis' if you're unable to stop or indeed get out of a car.    Most modern cars are fitted with doors which allow you to access the outside world via a handle mechanism ( google it ).    Once you've mastered these pesky doors you'll no longer be "imprisoned".    You claim motorists are angry at this but tbh it's really only the youngest of children and you that's unable to operate something so simple.   

You can stop a car at anyplace you can stop a pushbike so that's more fairy tales.   I could choose to give myself more freedom by following you through a red light or onto pavements by unlike you I understand how doors and traffic lights work.    

The motorcar allows you the freedom to travel to any location in the UK within a day.   It allows you the freedom to move complete many tasks in a day.    It gives you the freedom to use Motorways and Dual Carriageways.     

I'll your ignore the weight shaming bullying tactics because I'm better than that.    How do I know?   I drive a fucking car, mate.      

What's all this shite about doorhandles?  You never even read it, you were so eager to unleash your 'patter'.

Wait a minute... this isn't your usual piss-poor attempt at banter, is it? You're genuinely fucking raging, aren't you (mate)? Middle-aged man loses it on a fitba forum :lol:

I have only just taken the plunge to buy a bike this week. My work is pretty much all cycle path and I can do it in 15 minutes, so I pretty much avoid the roads until the last half kilometre. As there is a quite tight 4 way traffic lights, I find it better to stay as close to the pavement as possible and let the cars pass first there is just not enough room for them to overtake and I have a right turn only a hundred yards ahead of it.

I'd hate to cycle along a road like Ferry Road; I got annoyed by buses going along it as it is because it's not possible for a bus lane . Personally I'm of the opinion if you're cycling at 10mph on a road as busy as that, you really shouldn't be on it at all. In fairness, you could argue an element of that is down to a shite lack of cycling infrastructure in most places similar, however you'd get pissed off if someone was driving at 10mph. If you're on the roads, you should be making an effort for allowing as many other vehicles to make as much progress as possible, otherwise you come across a self entitled c**t IMO.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Oh well, the wannabe middle class IT brigade seem to be winning (that's my stereotyped occupation of your typical cyclist) and the rest of us normal people are in the minority.
Yes, I feared this would happen in today's society.
Damn, foiled again.............
What does this dribbling nonsense even mean? [emoji38] PB is a monumentally tedious c**t, but at least he has a vague idea of how to troll. You're just too thick to carry it off properly.

5 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

What does this dribbling nonsense even mean? emoji38.png PB is a monumentally tedious c**t, but at least he has a vague idea of how to troll. You're just too thick to carry it off properly.

My qualifications and salary would say different, or maybe I've just been lucky.

You're so thick that you can't understand a bit of alternative comedy to pass the day.

If you don't like it, just ignore it.

My qualifications and salary would say different, or maybe I've just been lucky.
You're so thick that you can't understand a bit of alternative comedy to pass the day.
If you don't like it, just ignore it.
Alternative comedy [emoji38]

I expect you're quite used to being ignored tbh.

Cyclist here. (i.e c**t found).

Usual facebook "yer da" comments on here by Wattoo.

Good to see that even PB who has been a right w**k on the subject is even showing some nuance in his argument.

I think if people - drivers and cyclists - were just a little bit more patient it would make everything much better. If a driver waited an extra 10 seconds to pass a cyclist it could save someone's life, and I can't stress that enough. I know there's a small chance every time I go out on a training ride, I could have something seriously bad happen to me; I know it's unlikely but there's still a chance.

Yeah I understand some cyclists are wanks, but what's the damage to you? Getting held up for 30 secs? Just remember that when you go for a risky overtake in your 2 tonne Kia against a guy/girl that's just wearing lyrca and helmet. 

3 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Alternative comedy emoji38.png

I expect you're quite used to being ignored tbh.

Oh the irony..................

In all seriousness, the difference between motor vehicles and cyclists is that cycling depends heavily on maintaining momentum, hence why cyclists will do anything humanly possible to avoid having to stop, whether it's running red lights, going up on the pavement, endangering pedestrians or never, ever pulling over for faster vehicles stuck behind them. Motorised vehicles don't have this problem as they are not powered by human muscle, nor do pedestrians as they don't go fast enough for momentum to matter (with the possible exception of very fast runners but those will be rare).

18 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Excellent post and this is concrete proof not all cyclists are selfish-wankers.     

We're often told the non-pauper cyclists are these IT geek types.    You can't help but think that after a long day of trolling normal road users, they go home to create computer viruses to further f**k up normal peoples lives.    

Steady on! :lol: I've only been a cyclist for a week. There's plenty of time for me to turn into a self-important prat that just wants to watch the world burn just yet!

32 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If you are going to cycle on the roads you should have insurance.

For what reason? From what age would you need insurance? How much do you think the premiums would be? 

37 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

For what reason? From what age would you need insurance? How much do you think the premiums would be? 

For the same reason people in cars need insurance. Insurance from the age of 16 would do, and not being an insurance firm I have no idea what the premiums would be.

1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

No you are a clearly the son of excellent parents and a man of excellent moral fibre.    You're pretty much the opposite of @The Mantis @Dindeleux @Unleash The Nade and a welcome addition to our tax funded cycle paths.   Have a great day!  

Half green for the compliment, the other half for the BEAF.

I don't mind them on the country roads as long as they're not riding on a peloton as if they're in a professional race. 

Been stuck behind what must have been about 30 of them in pairs heading out towards Dunoon last year and it was near impossible to pass due to the amount of corners of the road.

As others have said you just have to be patient.  

Another cyclist here...

Its pretty easy whether you're a cyclist or a driver, don't be a dick. 

Cyclists going through red lights, filtering in traffic (which is legal) tends to be a bigger city problem, its not something I see on my commute through Gourock every day.

I also have insurance which covers my legal costs and any damage I may cause and also pay two lots of "road tax".

There also seems to be a direct relationship between how angry a driver gets and how much of a fatty they are.